View Poll Results: Do you enjoy how Chaos Orbs are currently?

Voters
362. This poll is closed
  • Yes

183 50.55%
  • No

81 22.38%
  • Couldn't care less

98 27.07%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Chaos Orb Monopoly

Personally, I've thought about this topic long and hard. Even more so recently since the hotfix that just came out, making chaos orbs less available. The idea that chaos orbs are Bind on Pickup (BoP) seems quite inadequate in terms of gathering orbs for their profession. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but this is just my opinion on the matter.

It seems to me, that only players with 425+ in leatherworking, tailoring, blacksmithing and even engineering, are the only ones who control the orbs. This meaning, players with said professions HAVE to do heroics in order to obtain their mats, which can be more annoying than people think at this point in time. Another problem that comes up is that it allows only the people with professions to control the economy. These professioneers could monopolize chaos orbs, making them difficult to obtain and way too expensive for even players with max gold to want to purchase. To be frank, any BoE even over 20k gold is just way too much. The problem can only worsen at this point.
    Making orbs readily available by removing the "BoP" marker on them and making them rollable for anyone can significantly help the market on Chaos Orbs and prevent any inflation due to the misguided and misconducted use of only a select group of players having them. Personally, I enjoyed it in Wrath, when orbs were available for everyone, but still expensive ENOUGH. When people who do heroics were sometimes rewarded with their efforts by getting a frozen orb to sell. Everyone who does heroics should be able to gather mats for their items. Not just professions.

Again, just my opinion, I'm open for other suggestions, but this seems like the fairest way to control the use of chaos orbs without boe's being too expensive to even want to touch them. Don't get me wrong though, there are SOME idiots out there that buy these overpriced, one-week use items. That doesn't mean it should always be like this though.

Thanks for your time, I'll be watching the thread closely for your responses and replying to them. I know there are some people who have professions that whined to Blizzard so much that this got changed, so I'd like to hear your reasons why, outside your personal greed issues.
    On another note, why is Blizzard changing nonsense like this when they could be fixing glitches and such in heroics... Like the Forgemaster in Grim Batol... There are just too many glitches to count on that fight. Blizzard, do something useful and focus your efforts elsewhere.
    Last edited by Mystogan; 2010-12-23 at 06:59 PM.

Engineers cannot, in no shape or form, make money off of Chaos Orbs.

Removing BoP from Chaos Orbs will not help the market and much less crafters. They are not going to be "readily available" if you take them from crafters, give them to people that can't use them, only so they can sell them back to those crafters again. Leave them BoP, leave them rollable-only by crafters.

Non-crafters usually have two gathering professions. These already make enough gold imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You made a new account to make this poll?

Moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post

Yeah, I got 3, then realized I would only ever need to use one, for my very much BoP engi goggles. My other profession is Jewelcrafting, so no use there either.

Guess I'll vendor them or something...
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    Removing BoP from Chaos Orbs will not help the market and much less crafters. They are not going to be "readily available" if you take them from crafters, give them to people that can't use them, only so they can sell them back to those crafters again. Leave them BoP, leave them rollable-only by crafters.

Non-crafters usually have two gathering professions. These already make enough gold imo.
    sounds like my argument about enchanting mats >_>

Deleted
    I made a few k from a chicken splitter bow - thats about all its good for

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84431
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84432
    orly?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystogan View Post
    On another note, why is Blizzard changing nonsense like this when they could be fixing glitches and such in heroics... Like the Forgemaster in Grim Batol... There are just too many glitches to count on that fight. Blizzard, do something useful and focus your efforts elsewhere.
    This isn't Blizzard's forums.

What's so wrong with the Forgemaster fight? It's been beatable since release. I've noticed zero glitches.

Do you think their entire team is working on a single fix at once?

not true. and bac kto the topic. i really like they way they made it now.. i makes more sence.. if u dont have any of the proffessions. why would you need on an item somone else needs? isnt that abit like ninjaing something just to sell it on AH?

keep them bop and keep the crafting proffession req on it...

I don't mind that they are BoP really, it's not a huge deal to me. However I have worked up many end level alts with all professions so that I can make use of them for my main. It's a little disheartening that I am not able to purchse chaos orbs for my alts to craft gear for my main.

Our realm isn't massively progressive and sure I could get guildies in but majority dont have the patterns for items i'd like or havent levelled their skill up enough, where as I have started levelling all my alts proffs and gathering patterns.

But hey, everyone kept saying they want epics to be epic, so there ya go^ :P

If you want to make heroic/raid quality items, you should be capable of finishing heroics.

Leave them BoP so people can make money off of their professions. If they can't finish a heroic, they haven't earned their chaos orbs.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with them now is that I often sit there with my thumb up my ass waiting to see what other people are rolling on them, so I don't accidentally choose the other option. Then I realize, "shit, I might be the only one who can roll on 'em anyway!"

Deleted
    With the next content patch they are useless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaru View Post
    You made a new account to make this poll?

Moving on
    Oh noes, you didn't answer anything. I actually made this account because this is my first time on the forums. I couldn't care what you thought about me toward the end of this one way or another. There's an issue with the orbs, it's painfully obvious that there is.
    First, I understand crafters not getting their mats because they have to roll on them, I really do. I have a 525 leather worker that I run through dungeons consistently. Second, the problem occurs when the people that have all the mats for the item they want to be crafted and then can't do it because the only people that can get them are the people with professions. Orbs will make BoE's insanely expensive, there's definitely truth to that.

Last, everyone in the heroic DOES the heroic, not just the crafter, why should the other people be rewarded any less than the people who can use them for their profession just to make massive amount of gold off them? It makes the market for BoE's too expensive and no one but the idiots who buy them will get to use them.
    Thanks for the replies though. I understand that having professions fight for their mats can be hard, but most professions have to fight for their mats anyway. Truth.

I don't mind paying crafters, the issue is you don't see many people making them and they want 30K for a starter epic. No one is buying them so they will come down. I would pay 10K for a starter epic, but 30K? I would even pay like 5K and my mats, which is very fair, but at this time they just aren't out there. We only have 1 525 BS at this time in our guild so items are being spread fairly slowly.

But either way not losing sleep, at least I got my shield

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they are BoP in the sense that Blizz is trying to keep Chaos orbs (something only certain crafters can use) away from people who can't use them.
    On the other hand it seems a bit unfair to force the crafters to grind heroics for a chance at getting an orb. I think that ideally the best way would to make them BoE, but somehow only tradeable amongst crafters that can use them. But just from a programming standpoint that would probably be more trouble than its worth, so for now BoP is the best soluton.

Just wanna point out that the poll is inaccurate now. Some noob probably got on their 15 accounts just to click yes to the poll. It shot up from 3 on yes to 20 on yes. I guess some people are just too ignorant to let people voice their opinions.

BoP is rather nonsense and makes it difficult to get things crafted if you are lacking a particular profession on an alt.

They should at least made them BoA so you can shuffle them around to your other toons for crafting purposes.

Yeah. I have people lining up... left right and centre for a 346 ilvl bow/gun. I mean, the line-up is so long is leaves SW gate and starts at Goldshire.

Be realistic. If the weapons were 359 epic like the tailoring crap, then it would be almost worth the price of admission. It isn't. Anyone would be insane to pay the price of the materials needed to craft suck crappy blues.

In case you are wondering... on my server, truegold x 3 would net around 3000g. The Chaos is around 2000g. 9 Hardened Elementium? 2700g. Do you see anyone paying 7700g for this weapon?

I stand by my statement.