Is this a mount or a pet in archealogy?

On my archealogy I'm currently at 149/150. Not too high level-wise.

On the "Fossils" section of the page, it shows a picture of some skeleton raptor. It says, "Fossilized Hatchling". It goes on to say, "There is somethng unusal about these tiny raptor bones. The empty eye sockets don't quite seem empty. In fact, are they twinkling with a hint of life?

I don't know much about this profession. But to me at least, it seems to say this raptor is alive? It also says it's "rare."

Does it mean I happened upon a mount or a pet when it completes?

Also,
    I have several items form this profession but I don't know how to use them. I have a couple "Troll Tablets, Dwarf Runes and some others. It says they're Keystones used to complete missing artifacts for their class.

How do you use these items?

Thank you for any helpful responses
    Last edited by Kajel728; 2010-12-23 at 07:45 PM.

It's a non-combat pet, a small skeletal raptor. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89693/fossilized-hatchling

There is also a full-sized mount version, called the Fossilized Raptor. I don't believe you can discover that one until skill 225.

It's a pet.

The Hatchling is the pet, the Raptor is the mount.

Keep digging, you'll find it!
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

I believe that would be the pet, the mount should show up as Fossilized Raptor.

Wow, that was fast.

I had just edited with the second part of the items so I'm hoping you guys return again to see it.

Thanks again

Deleted
    If there's a pentagon under your fragment progress bar you can drop a keystone on top of it to get a bonus of +12 fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    If there's a pentagon under your fragment progress bar you can drop a keystone on top of it to get a bonus of +12 fragments.

Ok.

Now I see it. The dwarf has one I can add it to.

Thank You

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 03:50 PM ----------

For the Dwarf I have 2 of these items. So I dragged one and it expanded the line.

It said: 27 (+12Fragments) /35.

But when I close the profession booklet and I reopen it these added fragments disappear. It goes back to the number before I added the Rune. Not only these but I still have the runes.

So what it is I need to do to make it permanent?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kajel728; 2010-12-23 at 08:51 PM.

"Solve" the artifact with the keystones in the slots and they will be used. It doesn't keep them there when you close the archaeology tab.

you dont have to drag them in either, just click on the empty hexagon.

If you decide not to use the keystone, you can click the hexagon again and it will take it out for you.