Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

T11 Moonkin PoV Kill Vids

EDIT: Heroic vids now have Boomkin commentary. (Heroic Halfus, Conclave, Chimaeron, Maloriak, Atramedes, Omnotron, Twilight Council, and Nefarian so far). Normal vids are music and vent.

First time getting around to posting here -- well 11th time but only because I couldn't link vids until after 10 posts

Anyway, figured this would be a good place to collect the Moonkin PoV vids I build for those that haven't seen the fights yet. I hope these will be helpful to, not only let people see the fights, but also see them from the perspective of the role they will be playing. These are mostly first kill vids so everything is not perfect but they are done with generally good form and technique on my part. I am not perfect by any stretch, there are mistakes made, but I am overall executing the fights well -- all of them are world top 100 boomkin dps marks at the time of kill, a few of them were top 10 at the time of kill. That said, I'm sure other's numbers and my own numbers will improve with gear as the weeks go on. Anyway with that preface, here is the first set. All vids are recorded at 1920x1080 HD and are best viewed full-screen 1080p HD on Youtube:

Bastion of Twilight

Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25N

HEROIC Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Valiona and Theralion 25N

Twilight Council 25N

HEROIC Twilight Council 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Cho'gall 25N

Blackwing Descent

Magmaw

]HEROIC Omnitron Defense System -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Chimaeron 25N

HEROIC Chimaeron 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Atramedes 25N

HEROIC Atramedes 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

HEROIC Maloriak 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Nefarian

HEROIC Nefarian 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Throne of the 4 Winds

Conclave of Wind

HEROIC Conclave of Wind 25H -- with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Al'Akir - pending

Baradin Hold

Argaloth

Finally, I'm including a general video on Boomkin rotation and dps strategy done on the Orgrimmar target dummies. This is a video to demonstrate Balance Druid single-target, multi-target, and aoe dps techniques in Cataclysm. It's my quick answer to all the "what's the boomkin rotation?, why is my dps so low?" questions I see on this and many other forums.

Watch the video and pay special attention to the cast bar, the eclipse bar, and to the dot and cooldown trackers. Once you understand what is happening, practice, practice, practice. If you are having trouble now, do this and you will very likely see a significant dps increase. If you have the rotation down and just wanted to see raid encounters, this vid is probably not for you.

Cataclysm Boomkin Rotation and Strategy

I'll look to keep this thread updated with the new arrivals and you can also always subscribe to my youtube channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Arythorn

Arythorn was the name of this druid two race changes ago when he was a nelf.

Happy Booming,

-Calc-
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-04-22 at 03:16 PM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Very nice collection, bump music volume down a little for very constructive vent convo.

Yeah, I tried to keep it in the background but some people are LOUD vent talkers and some are soft vent talkers so the softer ones get drowned out at times. Thought about just leaving music out all together -- probably should've, just seemed like too much dead space.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide

I liked the music. It was very relaxing. Btw, what addon is that bar right above your raid frames and dps meters that shows all your cds move across it? It looks pretty sweet.

Anyway, I really liked these videos. Good job!

what addons are you using all together?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sertano View Post
    I liked the music. It was very relaxing. Btw, what addon is that bar right above your raid frames and dps meters that shows all your cds move across it? It looks pretty sweet.

Anyway, I really liked these videos. Good job!
    That addon would be sexycooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Tdakara View Post
    That addon would be sexycooldown
    actually it's part of ForteXorcist. Sexycooldown may be a lookalike I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fupaa View Post
    what addons are you using all together?
    hm, major ones I'm using are:

BalancePowerTracker: that's the Eclipse bar
    PowerAuras: all the dot, cooldown tracking, shooting stars proc tracking, trinket and haste effect tracking, etc.
    Tidy Plates Threat Plates: v-bar mod that shows cleaner nameplates above mobs, dot tracking and cast bar on nameplate Don't raid without v-bars up.
    ForteXorcist: cooldown bar with icons moving from one side to the other.
    kgPanels: this is what I used to form the boxes at the bottom and around my power aura tracking
    Grid: that's the raid frame I'm using bottom center
    Recount: Damage meter section on bottom right
    IceHUD: heads up display center screen with my health/mana and targets health/mana/range.
    Bartender: you don't see it much because I hide or fade all my bars but that's where I do all my keybinds.
    Pitbull: my unit frame and target frame
    Viewporter: not something your really see but reformats my screen to render game data only above the bottom instrument panel (the black area).

Some other things like Prat for chat formatting, SexyMap for the map, etc., etc. but the ones above are the key ones that keep everything going.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2010-12-29 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    sweet vids btw :P i liked the music to it!

Sorry to say but I can barely see anything of the fight with all that space just being filled with add-ons.

At least 70% of your screen is covered. Personally I'd ditch at least the Grid or make it way way smaller, hide buffs with the blizz UI (consolidate buffs) , tone down the map scale and get rid of the awful IceHuD.

It'd be great to see the fights and not some random numbers spawning on the screen and 40% of with covered just with Grid, Chat, double recount and map and then another 30% with buffs, IceHud, timers & huge unitframes.

The only thing I can see well is the upper left corner, everything else is just a haze.

I hope you take this criticism in a positive way I do not mean anything bad about video quality, skill level, music background. It's great that you want to offer a PoV video, but having so much of the screen covered makes it hard to tell what's really going on.

Nice! Just what I was looking for Boomkins for life!

@ Gunslinger:

I'm not trying to be defensive but I guess I'm going to be a little -- or at the very least explain and defend my choices. First off, while it's clear you are watching my vids, it's equally clear you are greatly exaggerating percentages. Maybe 15-20% of my screen (i.e. the bottom viewport) has the lion's share of my addons. Also, the key word there is viewport - which means anything in that black area of screen is covering exactly 0% of rendered game area. In fact by doing this, my field of view of rendered game area is wider than if I didn't have a viewport (like watching a 16:9 TV vs a 4:3, I see more not less).

The main area of the screen (above the black area) where game data is actually rendered, I try to keep as clean as possible (hiding all of my bars as I don't need to see them), using one Fortexorcist bar for cooldown tracking, etc. The power aura timers and cooldown tracking are invaluable and with my camera zoomed as far as I play and their placement at the bottom of rendered area, they don't cover a thing that is useful for me to see.

In terms of combat text, fair enough, I could get rid of msbt floating combat text but what I've done instead is suppress alot of it. It may still be too spammy for you and that's fair. IceHUD is a personal preference as is honestly most of what we are talking about. Clearly, my UI is not to your tastes, but having watched a ton of kill vids over the last six years, I can say I am definitely not a prime offender when it comes to blocking field of view with addons.

I am going to remove the second recount raid dps tracking -- been meaning to for awhile. That information is actually handy while playing back progression attempt vids to see where dps dropped and try to see what was the exact event that caused it . . . but I can get that same data from WoL reports and I definitely don't use that info while facing the encounter. I'll likely move the DXE raid mod into that space. As to the big grid bottom center, not as critical for a dps spec, I agree as well -- however I offspec raid heal (actually main spec raid healed much of wotlk) and this UI has to do double-duty heals and dps.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2010-12-24 at 01:05 AM.

Updated thread with Magmaw and Argaloth videos.

Also, as many have been asking, below is the power aura export for my dot and cooldown tracking. Just import this set for all the auras in that kgpanel plus the shooting stars proc midscreen. You can always turn of what you don't have (say berserking aura if you aren't troll) or don't use plus move them / resize them as necessary. At least most of the heavy lifting of setting them up is done. This set has moonfire/sunfire/insect swarm, nature's grace haste proc, starsurge cooldown, force of nature cooldown, innervate cooldown, hurricane and hyperspeed accelerator haste procs, berserking haste counter, and heart of ignacious trink haste proc (it would have Synapse Springs but Blizzard hates me and this is the one tinker I didn't learn before 525 and Engi discoveries are bugged after that):

Set=Page 3@
    Aura[49]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Shaman_ElementalOath; buffname:Hyperspeed Acceleration; begin:1; x:-97; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; off:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-105; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[50]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Shaman_ElementalOath; buffname:Hyperspeed; x:-97; bufftype:7; owntex:true; off:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
    Aura[51]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Spell_Nature_InsectSwarm; buffname:Insect Swarm; x:-25; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-33; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[52]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Druid_Starfall; buffname:Starfall; x:-167; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
    Aura[53]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Arcane_Arcane03; buffname:Starsurge; x:-132; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; sound:23; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
    Aura[54]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Nature_NaturesBlessing; buffname:Nature's Grace; x:-61; alpha:1; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-68@
    Aura[55]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Ability_Mage_FireStarter; buffname:Sunfire; x:11; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:6; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[56]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Mage_ArcaneBarrage; buffname:Shooting Stars; x:-8; alpha:1; owntex:true; sound:23; PowerType:0; size:0.3; y:-37; timer.h:1.16; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-14; timer.x:-30@
    Aura[57]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Druid_ForceofNature; buffname:Force of Nature; x:122; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
    Aura[58]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Nature_Lightning; buffname:Innervate; x:158; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
    Aura[59]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Spell_Nature_StarFall; buffname:Moonfire; x:11; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:6; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[60]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Nature_Cyclone; buffname:Hurricane; begin:1; x:85; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:79; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[61]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Ability_Paladin_JudgementRed; buffname:Heart's Judgement; begin:1; x:49; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:40; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
    Aura[62]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:4; icon:inv_misc_cat_trinket08; buffname:Heart of Ignacious; begin:1; x:279; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; alpha:1; owntex:true; sound:11; stacksOperator:=; off:true; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.4; y:-103; anim2:7@
    Aura[63]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Racial_Troll_Berserk; buffname:Berserking; begin:1; x:-97; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-105; timer.UseOwnColor:true@

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    I'll look to keep this thread updated with the new arrivals . . .
    Added Conclave of Wind. Also, added a boomkin rotation and strategy vid for the what's wrong with my rotation, how to deal with aoe type questions.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2010-12-30 at 02:14 PM.

Updated with Nefarian kill.

These are some great videos you have here, I have a couple questions:

For adds like the Magmaw worms who have ~120k HP (I think), do you IS/MF all of them, Starfall if it's up and use Hurricane? Or do you just IS/MF, Starfall if it's up and continue spamming MF?

Also, I use Squawk and Awe, I'm pretty sure someone like you has heard of it by now, and I noticed you don't use it. I've been looking for an alternative to keep track of my buffs since It's gotten to be pretty disrupting to me, what addon do you use to tell you when the targets MF/IS is about to come off?

I think your UI is amazing as well (that guy above is just a hater!) I'm going to grab BalancePowerTracker as well, since I constantly find myself looking at my Eclipse Bar (I use the default one.) and I notice that I cast an extra Wrath/Starfire when I shouldn't. ForteXorcist looks really useful too.

Anyway, thanks for posting these videos. They really help, hope you continue posting up more whenever you are available. Bookmarked!

Deleted
    I agree the video's are excellent and provided me with some excellent addons.

I have been using Quartz and Balance tracker for some time but needed some timers that really stand in your face. As one of the hardest things I find is keeping on top of the timers, for ss, is etc. And this really puts them in my line of sight.

Many thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great videos! Thank you for sharing them.

I do have one question though... in the "solo rotation" video... what's the name of the song playing? I'm guessing it's a Marcus Miller song... but what's the name?

Thanks for the comments -- appreciated. To answer some of the questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephriem View Post
    T
    For adds like the Magmaw worms who have ~120k HP (I think), do you IS/MF all of them, Starfall if it's up and use Hurricane? Or do you just IS/MF, Starfall if it's up and continue spamming MF?

what addon do you use to tell you when the targets MF/IS is about to come off?
    usually it's just starfall and some tab-dot Moonfire/Sunfire Spam. I may Hurricane but more often than not for AoE I'm tab-dotting.

The addon tracking dots and some other cooldowns is power auras. It's all custom auras but I linked my exports above in post #12 if you want to grab my config and then tweak it as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandymon View Post
    Great videos! Thank you for sharing them.

I do have one question though... in the "solo rotation" video... what's the name of the song playing? I'm guessing it's a Marcus Miller song... but what's the name?
    Marcus Miller is correct -- good ear! Name of the song is Blast! This particular version of it is off one of his live albums (maybe Montreux -- can't recall atm and I'm traveling so can't check and verify).

Why are you forging spirit to hit rating?

Nice vids btw
    Last edited by Mang; 2011-01-05 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Why are you forging spirit to hit rating?

Nice vids btw
    Dunno why he does that, u can get hit from talent ( Balence Of Power ) But that is only 50% though.

Nice videos can finnaly see a good look how moonkins are doing at 85

Quote Originally Posted by Agrostini View Post
    Dunno why he does that, u can get hit from talent ( Balence Of Power ) But that is only 50% though.

Nice videos can finnaly see a good look how moonkins are doing at 85
    It's 100% with 2 points, which he has...