Thread: Trap Launcher

Trap Launcher

I have been having trouble with this trap launcher macro from wowwiki.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap
    /castsequence [mod:alt] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Ice Trap
    /castsequence [mod:shift] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Freezing Trap
    /castsequence [mod:ctrl] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Snake Trap

I press the macro once and it enables trap launcher then I press it again to select the trap and I get a "Invalid target" error. Does anyone know a solution to this?

you need the long names for the traps, you'll see it if you enable the trap launcher and hover the mouse over the traps, check the tooltip and use the names written there in the macro

Thanks the macro's worked great
    Bull

Thank you very much for your help.

That Macros is like uber confuseing, can anyone explain what is actually going on?

it performs a cast sequence (that resets to "trap launcher" after 3 seconds) of the "trap launcher" ability followed by the specific trap ability, depending on what modifier key you are pressing (ctrl, shift, alt, or none)

hunterman: can you post your new macro with the changed trap spell names?
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-12-24 at 07:49 AM.

kewl! That should help me in pvp

I had the same issue with a addon (Opie) that put traps on a ring, All I had to do was put the traps on an action bar somewhere =X

Deleted
    thanks for the macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterman View Post
    I have been having trouble with this trap launcher macro from wowwiki.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap
    /castsequence [mod:alt] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Ice Trap
    /castsequence [mod:shift] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Freezing Trap
    /castsequence [mod:ctrl] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Snake Trap

I press the macro once and it enables trap launcher then I press it again to select the trap and I get a "Invalid target" error. Does anyone know a solution to this?
    Holy sweet mother of pineapples!
    Major confuzzle looking at that, although after some seconds of looking closer I understood it.
    Iunno, am I the only one who likes to bind all my traps to 5 different keys and launch them manually - That just feels more convenient for me. Then again, I'm old school. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Holy sweet mother of pineapples!
    Major confuzzle looking at that, although after some seconds of looking closer I understood it.
    Iunno, am I the only one who likes to bind all my traps to 5 different keys and launch them manually - That just feels more convenient for me. Then again, I'm old school. O.o
    No, I'm the same way. Ctrl 1 to Trap Launcher, Ctrl 2-5 Freezing, Ice, Snake, Immolation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    No, I'm the same way. Ctrl 1 to Trap Launcher, Ctrl 2-5 Freezing, Ice, Snake, Immolation
    Thank god, I was starting to feel like a 40 year old virgin.