Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Some say it's boring and doomed since the start but i still love Eve Online, just for the sake of it's skill system :] Even when you're not gaming your character progresses! And this glorious Sci-Fi, music, space.... ^^

While it's not necessarily free or MASSIVELY Multiplayer, Minecraft has been addictingly fun for me and many others, and it has multiplayer. They just went into Beta, too. Expect updates to it to come.

Deleted
    I heard "Runes of Magic" or something like that is a clone of WoW, I looked at MMOHut, it did look quite alike, it's free to play and I will myself check it out sometime, when my internet connection can handle the pressure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Toss another vote up for Vindictus. It was a great break from WoW, and I'm still going back to it now and then even though I'm back into WoW with Cata.

My dad is addicted to Guild Wars. He doesn't get the concept of a subscription fee every month but he'll plop down cash for extra character slots and cosmetic armor. Go figure.

It has interesting story telling and you feel like your character is the one changing the world around him/her.

I thought Aion was decent, unfortunately my laptop practically melted trying to run it D:

^If only Aion was free, it was a good game though, just couldn't play both WoW and that at the same time

I've also heard League of Legends is pretty decent, surprised no one mentioned it yet (I'm pretty sure it's also free, but you can choose to buy extra heros and stuff)

Runes of magic. Completly free to download and play. About the same graphics as WoW

YES! LoL is amazing and is free. Through playing you can slowly earn in game currency and use it to buy characters, or you can choose to pay money for them. It does a free character rotation each week. It plays much like DotA and is really fun. I've only played a few matches though cause none of my friends want to pick it up with me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifra View Post
    ^If only Aion was free, it was a good game though, just couldn't play both WoW and that at the same time

I've also heard League of Legends is pretty decent, surprised no one mentioned it yet (I'm pretty sure it's also free, but you can choose to buy extra heros and stuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxontholos View Post
    YES! LoL is amazing and is free. Through playing you can slowly earn in game currency and use it to buy characters, or you can choose to pay money for them. It does a free character rotation each week. It plays much like DotA and is really fun. I've only played a few matches though cause none of my friends want to pick it up with me
    Ive been playing LoL for a month or so now and I love it, one thing though, its not an MMO, though I do reccomend the OP to try it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfix View Post
    While it's not necessarily free or MASSIVELY Multiplayer, Minecraft has been addictingly fun for me and many others, and it has multiplayer. They just went into Beta, too. Expect updates to it to come.
    Ha, didn't see this one at first. Minecraft is amazing and a great game, though one that requires some imagination. I'm a huge fan, as those who play can tell by my avatar.

LoTRO is fun. I'd give it a shot.

I always found Ragnarok Online to be a fun game haven't played it in a few years.

Allods is free but is kind of a mess. It'll still keep you busy, at least. Got me addicted for a little while.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for The Old Republic.

Be a Jedi.

Love life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiemus View Post
    Allods is free but is kind of a mess. It'll still keep you busy, at least. Got me addicted for a little while.
    Tried that for a time. I never got out of the first city. It was, as you say a mess. I lost interest pretty quick, it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Dream of Mirror Online (DoMo) is fairly decent. Has some interesting graphics as well as a multiclass system.

Deleted
    I played Lineage 2 for some times and its seemed to me quite nice. But for sure not as nice as WoW

I used to play a game called Dark Ages for years before I played WoW and it's corny 2D Korea graphics, but super fun! Still around at darkages.com

Quote Originally Posted by AboriginalFactory View Post
    Check out Vindictus
    its free
    its fun
    has great graphics
    its a bit of a change from the traditional mmo as it is an mmo action-rpg

-----------edit----------------
    above post beat me to it
    I have played this, and yes the graphics are freaking awesome, the controls are easy to pick up, attacks, heals ect.. are like an action game, lots of hack and slash. The down fall.. it is like guild wars. most of the game revolves around the main town. You take boats to instances, and what not, but there is no free roam on map how wow is. I have been pretty bored with cata, and I was looking for something new to play in the mean time while blizz fixed some of the bugs and unbalance, I came up dry.. Played LOTRO, BloodyMare, Guild wars, ect.. and like others have said, it just does not have the same charm as wow, maybe they put something in wow to make it so addictive, or maybe they just hit the nail on the head with making a MMO. My solution... MAKE A GOBLIN, lol their starting zone is a blast! I'm planning on now leveling all my 80s to 85, and if I still have some time, leveling my goblin mage to 85.