Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Music] My band made a song about being Horde, what do you think?!

My band Burning Twilight just recently signed a record deal with a label out of California (BLKheartGroup) and our song "Blood and Thunder" made it onto our first EP in stores and online! This is my first time on MMO champs forums so they won't let me post the link. You can find us on Itunes, Zune, Youtube, etc.

What do ya'll think? It doesn't violate any copyright laws in case anyone is wondering. I realize loud obnoxious hardcore music isn't for everyone, so don't worry about hurting my feelings! I need some feedback from some hardcore players that are into the lore of warcraft!

P.S. This song also got us a merchandise deal with J!NX clothing!

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Congrats bro

i really like it alot and the rest of your songs rock also

Thanks! It was a surprise, but we've been at it for about 6 years now so its taken some time!

I took a listen on your myspace because you said it was harder music. I am into a multitude of genres and am always looking for good music to listen to for every genre. With the slew of shitty "hardcore" bands coming up now a days only a few have been able to pull it off well. (The Word Alive, Jamie's Elsewhere's They Said a Storm was coming. The song "The Resolve of Cowards" is fantastic and I like the breakbeat influence in the beginning. Good vocals all around and you guys can actually play your instruments pretty well. Props to you

10+ Year Old Account
    The lyrics are nice and I like that it was a tribute to the Horde, but it's just too screamo for me unfortunately. (And I listen to bands like Pantera etc) It just sounds like that deathcore stuff you see these days, no offense. If it wasn't so screamo and more like L80ETC, I'd actually like it.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-12-24 at 02:17 AM.

Duheif: We actually had a tour planned with Jamie's Elsewhere this summer but with they had a change in management and cancelled the tour with us but we still went on it and had a blast. We recorded our music video during that tour We just finished a small tour with a band called Mozart Season, not sure if you've heard of them. Thanks for the compliments

NatePsychotic: My parents hate it

I am guessing it's also 2 people doing screams. The highs are really good. The lows are alright. Since you were looking for honest opinions too. There's one. Sounds like he might be using too much of his throat sounds a bit too growly.

It makes me laugh mid-screamo song when you guys go "For the Horde," but that's because of the high level of awesome.
    Great music, I might have to keep listening! :P

Ahahah. Good ol' Mozart Season. They were good about 4 years ago. Now they are just terrible in my honest opinion. But that's killer that you toured with them though. Jamie's Elsewhere really just had one of the best albums of the year with that one.

Duheif: It's only one screamer, he's been working on his range. I prefer his highs as well I'm sure in a few years he wont have a voice left, but its all good haha
    I hadn't heard of Mozart Season until my manager told us about the tour. They are pretty cool guys, put on a great live show as well. Haven't listened to their new CD tho lol.

Tiglits: Thanks!

I bet more then one will benefit of lyrics:

Blood And Thunder
    This is our quest, this is our journey
    Go forth to victory with every step we take
    Tonight could be our last
    With feet of iron we'll stand our ground
    With hearts of fire we'll burn this down
    For the Horde, we live our lives

The threads are tearing, the bend is breaking
    We are living in a world of war
    It's time we draw the line, answer our call to rise
    I hear it louder than ever before

Stay the course, our enemies will fall
    You'll never see us turn and run
    You can never quench our hunger for blood
    We will pave the ground with your dead
    Until these rivers run red

My skin, my bones, my breath, my blood
    Will win this fight, will win this war
    Our blood will win this war

--

I took a liberty to cross-post lyrics from facebook page (http://ko-kr.facebook.com/topic.php?...9964&topic=190). I guess author won't mind, since it's pretty hard to decipher screams if you're not native English speaker.

BTW lyrics are incomplete as far as I hear, they omit few lines in the end, where' I can hear something about Alliance.
    Last edited by Zargzak; 2010-12-24 at 02:43 AM.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Seriously. Reroll.
    This, screams and usual breakdowns like dozen of those bands these days. I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by mmocaa030a30b1; 2010-12-24 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks Zargzak! I was alliance... then I saw the light! Haha jk.

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 02:45 AM ----------

I do realize it isn't for everyone... everyone is entitled to their opinions tho!

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    The lyrics are nice and I like that it was a tribute to the Horde, but it's just too screamo for me unfortunately. (And I listen to bands like Pantera etc) It just sounds like that deathcore stuff you see these days, no offense. If it wasn't so screamo and more like L80ETC, I'd actually like it.
    I have to go with NatePsychotic, it's just too screamo for me. I did really like the other vocal voice. Wish I had such a voice, ghehe.
    If it was more l80ETC I'd also like it.

also congrats with the deals Gues you can't send me one of those shiny epic loot from J!nx eh? ;D
    Last edited by Rodian; 2010-12-24 at 02:50 AM. Reason: edit

Rodian: Well if we ever come through your area, I can hook u up for super cheap :P

Not bad, much better than I was expecting. Good to see a song about Warcraft, heh.

I'm going to take a moment to hijack the thread, and plug a link in for my friends band, A Faylene Sky. They've played with just about every signed band in the thread, and are in the process of talking with labels to work something out.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Holy crap those guys are good! Hopefully soon I will get to play with them The singer's voice is legit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing! I love the combination you guys have.. Doesn't hurt that you are also Horde xD

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for you guys should you come to Kansas though

The label is planning a tour here in March that should cross your path I can't post links yet, but we have a facebook, myspace, all that jazz. Just google us