Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Do you use addons? If so, have you turned them all off and tried playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhine View Post
    Do you use addons? If so, have you turned them all off and tried playing the game?
    Yeah. I just re-installed the game, same issue.

A fun little new issue happened, though. When I tried to install Cata, a new error comes up. The first one was it couldn't load the maps, then something about human casting form and finally worgen casting form. Does this help? It's not such a big deal because I'm spending time with the fam and my girl, but after the holidays when hockey is on it's annual 2 week break, I'm gonna want something to do.

Please, guys. If this has happened to you and you know what to do, respond here. Any suggestions are helpful!

Veev.

I had this exact problem after patch 4.0.1, and through some extensive research found that this was a fairly common problem due to packets being dropped between Blizzard's servers and people's computers. There was a 30+ page thread within 3 days of me having the problem, all from people in my area. While I did not see a blue post on this, apparently an announcement was made by Virgin Media in Europe that Blizzard had changed packet signatures, so that many ISPs identified them as P2P packets, resulting in huge packet losses. After reading this, I installed PingPlotter and saw for myself that packets were being lost after my ISP passed them to AT&T's routers (i.e. I can't even call up my ISP and complain, it's not their fault). I went and purchased an SSH tunneling service, which reroutes my WoW packets on a much shorter, faster path to Blizzard's servers, and it *completely* fixed the problem.

Judging by all of this, I would say Virgin Media is correct, and it sounds like not all ISPs have adapted to Blizzard's change yet. That is, WoW's gaming packets seem like P2P packets (lowest priority, highest drop rate). This is why it'll often be a particular geographical area that is affected by crazy in-game lag with zero chat lag (chat packets are probably signed differently, and not dropped so easily), since it has to do with the physical route taken between your computer and the server. This lag may even come and go with time, if the route changes.

Basically, nothing you can do, short of (a) signing up for an SSH tunneling service, or (b) somehow convincing your ISP to reroute your packets, if that's even something they can do. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    DC's seem to be lower now.... just 1-2 wow errors occasionally or nothing at all

When you have problems like this, make sure you've no viruses or malware, then do some system cleaning tools, then try reinstalling wow, then try reinstalling ur OS. after that if it still does not work, then it may be ur physical computer

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysia View Post
    I had this exact problem after patch 4.0.1, and through some extensive research found that this was a fairly common problem due to packets being dropped between Blizzard's servers and people's computers. There was a 30+ page thread within 3 days of me having the problem, all from people in my area. While I did not see a blue post on this, apparently an announcement was made by Virgin Media in Europe that Blizzard had changed packet signatures, so that many ISPs identified them as P2P packets, resulting in huge packet losses. After reading this, I installed PingPlotter and saw for myself that packets were being lost after my ISP passed them to AT&T's routers (i.e. I can't even call up my ISP and complain, it's not their fault). I went and purchased an SSH tunneling service, which reroutes my WoW packets on a much shorter, faster path to Blizzard's servers, and it *completely* fixed the problem.

Judging by all of this, I would say Virgin Media is correct, and it sounds like not all ISPs have adapted to Blizzard's change yet. That is, WoW's gaming packets seem like P2P packets (lowest priority, highest drop rate). This is why it'll often be a particular geographical area that is affected by crazy in-game lag with zero chat lag (chat packets are probably signed differently, and not dropped so easily), since it has to do with the physical route taken between your computer and the server. This lag may even come and go with time, if the route changes.

Basically, nothing you can do, short of (a) signing up for an SSH tunneling service, or (b) somehow convincing your ISP to reroute your packets, if that's even something they can do. Hope that helps.
    So, I'm shit out of luck? I just dropped over 4 grand on Christmas, I don't have the spare cash to buy a SSH tunneling service (?). Good ol' Blizzard.

Try disabling addons, reset internet, and delete cache folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    So, I'm shit out of luck? I just dropped over 4 grand on Christmas, I don't have the spare cash to buy a SSH tunneling service (?). Good ol' Blizzard.
    It is kind of ridiculous that for people whose connection suffers from this exact problem, that the only solution currently is to get the connection rerouted or wait for the problem to get cleared. That said, if you can afford to play WoW, you can probably afford to pay ~$5/mo for SSH tunneling -- it's just that it really shouldn't be necessary, and changes like this should have been announced and dealt with before going live.

You can also try waiting a couple weeks -- your packet route might change, the various ISPs that route your packets will eventually fix the issue on their end, etc.

Aw... I checked out this threat cause I thought it was a song parody.

Just a small time gnome
    Browser choice is Google Chrome
    WoW subscriptions paid but he can't log on...

Can't stop, D/Cing
    I'm offline and grieving
    Basement people....

I don't know...too much maybe too much Christmas cheer.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.