Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow priest OP in arenas???

I have to say shadow priest are not as strong as of atm. My dots ticks for around 3k , while people have like 125k health. Not to mention the amount of CC the other classes have.I am not making this thread to QQ or anything,(just general discussion) its just I think spriest needs a bit of a buff for pvp. Some of you all may disagree with me, but some class/spec just can't be killed as a spriest. Such as dks,feral druids, and frost mages (depends on if the mage is not dumb) anyways. Maybe things will change later on in the expanison too soon to say anything for now.

Deleted
    not a lot of cc? eh... smells like a troll
    and mind spike is pretty violent if you're not focused.

Spriest face roll in pvp and in arena. 2 fears along with the dots bubble and self healing. all that w/o droping shadow form, S priest are mack trucks if played right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koranes View Post
    Spriest face roll in pvp and in arena. 2 fears along with the dots bubble and self healing. all that w/o droping shadow form, S priest are mack trucks if played right.
    Just to put things into perspective, that's 1 fear, dots that have no dispel protection atm, shield that didn't scale at all and still absorbs 6.5k, 6% of your damage as selfheal (down from the 15-25% it used to be).

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 10:58 AM ----------

Just to put things into perspective, that's 1 fear, dots that have no dispel protection atm, shield that didn't scale at all and still absorbs 6.5k, 6% of your damage as selfheal (down from the 15-25% it used to be).

Wait so you listed the 3 classes that are absolutely dominating in pvp... and the complaint was that because you can't beat them, that you're class isn't where it is supposed to be?
    ....Thread seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Berner View Post

Just to put things into perspective thats 2 fears dots that have dispell protection via vampiric touch, shield sucks indeed tho, selfheal is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

I count vampiric touch as a pretty decent dispellmechanic. If dispelled just drop another one and watch the healer run around like a headless chicken

On topic: Shadowplay is great for 2s.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Self healing is pathetic. Fears are meh, shield only lasts one hit from a warrior etc.

nonsense, warriors are OP in arena, but not SP.

Deleted
    Oh yeah 2 fears (actually only 1) are so good 'cause they don't break on 100k dmg - wait what do you say? Fear does break under 10k dmg all the time? Really? and what mind controll is a situational cc? No wayyyys!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqn View Post
    Just to put things into perspective thats 2 fears dots that have dispell protection via vampiric touch, shield sucks indeed tho, selfheal is awesome.
    Lying isn't really helping you make a point. Could you list me the 2 fears?

Dispel protection with VT is broken in so many ways right now. It only works if dispelled from self, it shares DR with itself, fear and horror. Dispel VT three times and you are immune Psychic sream, Psychic horror and free to dispel anything.

Selfheal with VE was got a nerf from 15% of damage done to 6%. Not to mention the indirect nerf it got from damage/healt -ratio dropping to about 1/3 going from lvl80 to 85. It effectiveness is about 1/8 of what it used to be, and that's math, not my personal opinion. My personal opinion is that it's so great I didn't notice a difference when not having VE on.
    Last edited by mmocfcaf95d648; 2010-12-24 at 12:05 PM.

Seriously all the people who say we have a dispell protection and our shields/self healing is great should l2p

Sin and Punishment couldn't be any worse right now..
    if they dispell VT they get feared for 3 seconds which has a DR so next dispell they will be only feared for 1.5 sec and then for like 0.5sec and then they are immune to that so they can dispell all the time..
    but WAIT THERE IS MORE!! the DR is shared with our Psychic Scream aswell! so thats mean they are immune to our so "OP" 23sec cd fear if specced and you wear gloves(if not then 30)

Vampiric Embrace heals for 6% of the damage right now LOL thatas like nothing because my dots are not that powerful anyway.

Power Word: Shield absorbs for a whooping 7k damage :O thats like one tick from feral dot.

I could've said so many other things about how Shadow priests are broken but I don't care I still enjoy my spriest and I still win most of the time
    and for people who say get some gear then my gear is pretty decent for now. ilvl 350 2600 resilience thats about 25% less damage taken

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Lol... I play a shadow priest at 2300... not super amazing.. but I can tell you shadow priests are overpowered as hell in arena.

First of all... DoTs are a thing of the past. With all the teams having a magic dispel... or 2, its impossible to get your DoTs up. Mind Spike is pretty much where its at. It is probably the most overpowered nuke in the game, 2400 mana and it hits for 7 - 10k and crits for 14 - 20K+... and it has a 1.3 second cast with minimal haste. I sat at a training dummy and spammed mind spike for 45 seconds and sustained 8 - 9k dps. That was without throwing in the instant cast / instant crit mind blast every time it was up.

Also being able to guarantee a mind blast crit to root a target in place for 4 seconds is an amazing peel that we never had before. Its really OP vs melee trains like a kanye cleave or a TSG.

Also Shadow priests enable any team there on to have 2 magic dispels which is 90% of the CC in the game.

The only time I EVER throw dots and mind flay spam is when we have there main dispel under CC... otherwise it just takes WAY to much mana to reapply.

On top of ALL of this... we have the most damage reduction in the game. I have about 45% damage reduction in shadow form in full blue PvP gear. I will easily break 50% in full epics... no one will want to be on you. It will just take them WAY to long to kill you.

So that is just our damage and utility... We also have really nice CC...

I currently play Shadow Priest / Frost Mage / Resto druid... with a gladiator frost mage and a duelist resto druid. We use my psychic scream to send teams to the middle of the arena so they can eat our CC chains. The silence is usually used to eather score a kill or stop a caster on the other team from free casting when someone gets low, this goes for psychic horror as well.
    Last edited by Catbert; 2010-12-24 at 01:37 PM.

Shadowpriests are OP solely on the classes they play with. As someone mentioned above me, shatterplay is out of control right now - catch someone in a deep freeze and turret mind spikes into them and they're likely to die if not first time, then second time. Similarly spriest/Mage in 2v2 is stronger than ever.

That's not to say it's all good though. My RMP (with me healing) shit all over a "traditional" shatteplay last night (resto shaman). I also met shadowpriest/resto shaman in 2v2 while playing holypriest / frost Mage and it was ridiculous how little pressure he could put out on his own. Blew all his cooldowns on me and I just dispelled his dps and ran away - he resorted to trying to mana burn halfway through the match by which time his shaman had got completely annihilated by my kage.

The strength of spriest really comes from defensive dispell (makes a pretty cc-immune 3v3 team)
    and playing alongside a class with a lot of control - mostly frost Mage but also rogue, feral etc. On their own I'd say they're definetly not OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05 View Post
    nonsense, warriors are OP in arena, but not SP.
    not really actualy now shadowpriest are even more over powered than warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    Wait so you listed the 3 classes that are absolutely dominating in pvp... and the complaint was that because you can't beat them, that you're class isn't where it is supposed to be?
    ....Thread seems legit
    I am not making a complaint all I am saying is spriest are not what they use to be, shield doesnt scale, good luck trying to heal and spam mindspike(or get a mindspike off) all I am saying spriest are not what they use to be. Although I must agree with others, mindspike is pretty useful and the stun is very beasty. But if you try dueling 1v1 for classes that has stuns locks,immune to magic dmg,kicks( like rogues/dks) you can't spam/use mindspike as much.And yes DoTs are in the past now,since dots ticks for like 4k w/o crit at best.(well mines ticks for this much). But I didn't start this thread to complain at all,just want to get everyones point of view of the situation.
    Last edited by beegee2010; 2010-12-24 at 10:25 PM.

I am playing shadow at 2350 mmr and I can honestly say we need a buff. Sin and Punishment is so bad. If anyone thinks shadow is OP, I dare you to try and play 2's as shadow.

Lying isn't really helping you make a point. Could you list me the 2 fears?

Dispel protection with VT is broken in so many ways right now. It only works if dispelled from self, it shares DR with itself, fear and horror. Dispel VT three times and you are immune Psychic sream, Psychic horror and free to dispel anything.

Selfheal with VE was got a nerf from 15% of damage done to 6%. Not to mention the indirect nerf it got from damage/healt -ratio dropping to about 1/3 going from lvl80 to 85. It effectiveness is about 1/8 of what it used to be, and that's math, not my personal opinion. My personal opinion is that it's so great I didn't notice a difference when not having VE on.
    my thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    Spriests are ok in terms of power both in arena and bg, it's just that class mechanics are broken and not funny at all. Mind Spike must be integrated into shadow gameplay, not just as an alternative to dots. It should proc shadow orbs instead of consuming them, it should not extinguish dots, and mind blast base damage should be increased by ~50%. That would just bring us on par with warriors, ferals, rogues and frost mages, except that we have half of their survivability and bigger resource issues, but i can live with that. Warlocks, dks and pallies are the most balanced classes imho. Shamans could use some buffs.
    Please remember that it's not only about balancing, it's mostly about fun. Otherwise we can just give deathwing's molten flame ability to all classes and remove stealth. That would be balanced, but not fun at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqn View Post
    You mean the fear proponent that shares DR with Psychic Horror and Psychic Scream, meaning the enemy can keep themselves DR immune to our fear if they keep dispelling VT? The passive selfheal of shadowpriests has been nerfed awhile ago and heals for very little. It'd be better if the selfheal worked on % of our health instead of % of our damage.