Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are more complimentary when they know the fights are a present danger. Not "Oh no. Mobs in Nexus before the boss. Guess I'll keep hitting 2 till they fall.", heheh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I always thanks anyone i meet in pugs but during wrath i never heard anyone compliment healers
    maybe because healing was easy
    come to think of it i never heard a healer say "mana break"

I got a few "nice heals" and so forth during wrath, but it stopped shortly after dungeon finder came out. I made a point of complimenting exceptional tanks, and occasionally healers, if I wasn't doing it. But most people didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I didn't. Mana was a non-issue all throughout Wrath.
    Thank you Kingslayer Warlock and Champ de Wastes Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    During Wrath I got told by quite a few people "Excellent tanking" I can't help it if I love paladins so much that I have two 80s and a 22 on one server

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was in a SFK hc run after 3rd boss without any deaths untill him some rogue said "nice heals dude", the tank also agreed.And then one dps died like... next second . But yeah, you don't really hear that to often.

As the healer you just have to know that you're the glue that keeps the group together. When people say its a good group it usually has a lot to do with a good healer keeping everyone topped off and not worried about using defensive cooldowns or bandaging themselves.

The thing is that healing is only as hard as your group makes it, and if they make it too hard its not really your fault. There's a small window where a skilled healer will be able to heal a group that an unskilled healer wouldn't be able to. The odds of you getting a group that you're just barely able to heal because of your skill is pretty small, but you'll know it when it happens. They probably won't tell you 'great job' and they'll never know how close they came to defeat. You'll finish the fight with your heart racing and no mana or cooldowns left and the rest of the group will be looking at loot like its no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I remember being complimented on healing in LK when I solo healed Val after our other healer d/c'ed on pull.

I've been complimented quite a few times since cata but...

They probably won't tell you 'great job' and they'll never know how close they came to defeat. You'll finish the fight with your heart racing and no mana or cooldowns left and the rest of the group will be looking at loot like its no big deal.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by asher1611 View Post
    "Great heals."
    I could not possibly disagree more. Complimenting the healer is an empty cliche that has always existed as long as PUGs have existed, and I have heard it more or less with the same frequency since the very beginning of the game.

The only difference is that now (versus WotLK) there is a chance that complimenting the healer actually means something, instead of just being a hollow gesture.

Most of the compliments I got was on shadow priest. When things got bad for the main healer I would actually drop out and throw some quick triage, or even when the healer went down I never thought twice about picking up the slack. Too many dps specs do not heal at all, and blame a wipe on the main healer. Granted it was never efficient, but sometimes a little bit can make the difference.

I've been complimented a few times as a healer...ironically by a group of people who didn't speak english at all save for one who spoke very little
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

I am so glad I get complimented at the end of every run by random people that say I am a good healer.. Usually the tank admits that he isn't the best, and some of the DPS are glad that I can heal through some of their CC mistakes and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norway, way way way way way way way way north.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOBrains View Post
    I'm sorry, but what?

When was the last time you saw anyone ever say "Great DPS ____". Never.

Healers are the only type of class that gets complimented, and maybe tanks.

Stop acting so victimized.

On topic though, I'll always tell a healer they've done good if they have. Just sucks that there are so many healers out there acting like it's still Wrath season.
    What I heard most during WotLK was my warrior alt's cleave/WW DPS getting complimented.
    Death Knight Main
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I click
    I keyboard turn
    I never go LoS

Oh, did I forget to say that I got glad as LSD?

@ the op. Maybe you were not a good healer in wrath. I got compliments all the time.