Is surv. hunter dps affected much by lag?

as a player who gets around 300-400ms contantly i have trouble with certain dps classes. spriest is unplayable due to mind flay being channeled, you end up clipping last tick, or lose a heap of cast time in between mind flays. affliction lock is bad with the gap between all its instants. feral/rogue dps is good as you arent really locked out by the gcd but more by your energy, chaining casts is fine with the cast queue mechanic.

Where does hunter fit? i know a lot of spells are instant, but how do the 'cast time' shots fit in? do you often have to go instant to instant after the initial set up? are you waiting on GCD often or are you more often waiting for cooldowns or focus? do the 'casted' shots behave like the spell queue system? How badly will my dps be affected with a high latency if i roll hunter?

With the new Queueing system ALL classes are a lot more forgiving of latency provided you know and push the next button in your rotation ahead of time, and should work with isntant abilities as well as casted ones. The only Occasional issue you may run into as a Survival hunter is when you want to queue up a Explosive Shot and its not *quite* off cooldown yet. latency may have a negative impact there. As for survival's "rotation" the basic portion is CS x3 ES so 3 casted shots then 1 instant. This is "altered" by Black Arrow on a 24 second CD and lock and load Procs. All of which introduce more instant shots into the mix.

I would say overall Survival is fairly latency forgiving as you'll usually have time to react to lnl procs and everything else is fairly predictable insofar as you can see your focus bar and cooldowns. Not to say you won't lose dps relative to a low latency player, but compared to some other classes where quick reaction to procs or some other factor might be punished with high latency the Survival hunter is fairly average.

Really, the most lag has affected me, as a sv hunter, is accidentally queuing up a cobra shot during lnl when i should have fired an explosive (and was mashing the explosive shot button) but that could probably be helped by setting the queue time lower. Im not waiting for the gcd very often, most being between 0.2 and 0.4 seconds for an explosive shot.

Yeah the only real MAIN fault you might have with Latency Lag would be ur CS/SS casts. Other than that you're pretty much fine for Surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignyo View Post
    as a player who gets around 300-400ms contantly i have trouble with certain dps classes. spriest is unplayable due to mind flay being channeled, you end up clipping last tick, or lose a heap of cast time in between mind flays.
    I thought they said changed the channeling system for cata so that if you start a new cast in the middle of a cast, it'll continue the ticks from where you left off in order to remove the possibility of clipping.

Deleted
    Yes if u have such a high ping you do much much much less dps. You can try to stack haste.