Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Return of Illidan Stormrage (Discussion)

Well based on Metzen seemingly becoming hyper excited when asked when we will see Illidan's redemption and resurrection on BlizzCon 2010 i think it's safe to say he'll be back in...an expansion or WarCraft 4. Then there's also the fact that Illidan is one of the most popular WarCraft heroes and Blizz has an addiction to corruption and redemption themes and it's passed due for Illidan to be a badass that isn't always being shown as a bad person. What are some peoples thoughts on this though? How do we think Blizzard should handle the character? I think they honestly did him some disservice in BC in how he was as a character. IMO, the Titans may very well be the reasoning behind his return. It's hinted that the Old Gods used and corrupted Illidan to their own goals. Considering Illidan has been "marked" for greatness since birth it would make sense that he has the capability to be a 'champion' of sorts for the Titans. Why not make a Demon Hunter class with his resurrection for WoW (if done so in WoW). However for the Titans im sure at this point they must be taking notice of the events on Azeroth. Their old machines are acting up Old Gods stirring and Sargeras is well...who knows what that nut job is doing. I personally dont think the Titans will play a direct intervention easily so why not resurrect/purify/heal Illidan train him/give him power/knowledge and have him and his Demon Hunters be not only a counter to Old Gods but to Sargeras as well - Demon Hunters that answer, in the end, to the Titans themselves.

But that's just one possible way in my head they could do it. In the end I just hope they bring the badass back and no more "zomg you preserved magic by making another well of eternity thats now mount hyjal and the sunwell two major sources of powerrrr. and like zomg your taking in all this power to save our livezzz you so baaad illidan!!!"

War of the Ancients raid, Caverns of Time. We run into Illidan in the past, and somehow he finds out what's going to happen at Black Temple... so he takes steps to change his future. When we come back, suddenly he never really died at BT anymore, because he was...

*sunglasses*

PREPARED.

(YEAAAHHHH!)
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/War_of_the_Ancients_(instance)

This instance is supposedly going to have Illidan in it, if it is real.
    Last edited by Luphy; 2010-12-24 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    I did feel sorry for Illidan when reading The war of the ancients books and I hope we see him in the CoT instance. But please no more ressurections and setbacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainell View Post
    suddenly he never really died at BT anymore, because he was...

*sunglasses*

PREPARED.

(YEAAAHHHH!)
    I loled.

I stopped agreeing with OP the second he said warcraft 4. It's not gonna happen folks XD

10+ Year Old Account
    War of the Ancients raid, Caverns of Time. We run into Illidan in the past, and somehow he finds out what's going to happen at Black Temple... so he takes steps to change his future. When we come back, suddenly he never really died at BT anymore, because he was...

*sunglasses*

PREPARED.

(YEAAAHHHH!)
    Fantastic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windblade View Post
    Well based on Metzen seemingly becoming hyper excited when asked when we will see Illidan's redemption and resurrection on BlizzCon 2010 i think it's safe to say he'll be back in...an expansion or WarCraft 4.
    Where could i find this its making my blood boil. (In a good way)

I expect Illidan not only to return (in the present), but also be redeemed. I am expecting his spirit to exist inside the Emerald Dream, and feature heavily in an expansion that takes place there.

*sigh* From a business standpoint and lore standpoint WC 4 will and must happen.

SC2 will be done WoW will be done, for MMO we have "Titan" what about RTS? Diablo will be burning through the hack n slash so for RTS we have WC4. WarCraft is originally an RTS and thats where all the lore of WoW originates from. So for WoW 2 you need to push WC story forward with WC4.

But the fact you stopped reading just because of WarCraft 4 is pretty retarded, you can bring Illidan back just in WoW if they want. As for his spirit, if the Old Gods and Burning Legion are involved i suspect we may have to save him first or the Titans free him in the background. idk the more i play cata the more i feel that the good guys need Illidan back to fill up some kind of hole haha....or maybe malfurion just annoys me.

I hope he'll be back in the War of Ancients raid later on, that would be pretty bad ass.
    So is War of the Ancients like Ulduar? 2nd patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub;9891525 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************9891525******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************9891525******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    I hope he'll be back in the War of Ancients raid later on, that would be pretty bad ass.
    So is War of the Ancients like Ulduar? 2nd patch?
    No, next patch is going to be focused around Ragnaros and him realm-Firelands.
    Then War of the Ancients.

So by WoTKL meters WotA is going to be like ToTC, before we kill DW.
    Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
    this is false
    I know i am better than everyone else
    So in end of day, most ppl not even good

*sunglasses*

PREPARED.

(YEAAAHHHH!)
    Made head hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    No, next patch is going to be focused around Ragnaros and him realm-Firelands.
    Then War of the Ancients.

So by WoTKL meters WotA is going to be like ToTC, before we kill DW.
    Source on that? If i remember correctly Blizzard stated they will include more raids per patch, but less bosses in the raid (Not less bosses per patch), so maybe Firelands and WotA is going in the same patch?
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The *@@! was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

*sunglasses*

PREPARED.

(YEAAAHHHH!)
    Epic win
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll all be turned into Nightelves in this instance? Like other coT instances turn u into humans

Quote Originally Posted by Leeróy View Post
    Source on that? If i remember correctly Blizzard stated they will include more raids per patch, but less bosses in the raid (Not less bosses per patch), so maybe Firelands and WotA is going in the same patch?
    Well Blizz confirmed the next content patch is Firelands and the new 5 man, war of the ancients has been confirmed for "A future patch", if that is included for next patch or one after that has yet to be determined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I guess we'll all be turned into Nightelves in this instance? Like other coT instances turn u into humans
    NOOOOO!! We´re all doomed!

Could be worse. They could make a 'Fall of Gnomeregan' CoT instance where we all get turned into gnomes.
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeróy View Post
    Believe it will be Firelands + Abyssal Maw raids for the next patch. Abyssal maw is to be totally underwater and pick up where Throne of the Tides left off. Bosses Neptulon, Ozumat, N'Zoth, and something else...

OT: I want to say no. Illidan is dead. Maiev destroyed her own life (not literally) working towards ending Illidan. How is it nice to just toss that away? He died, and she realizes she's absolutely nothing.

But then, everyone wants to see Illidan back, Demon Hunters are probably on the way, what with the easter egg from the book in the mini maelstrom in Darkshore and all, and Illidan would be the only Demon Hunter that could teach someone. Except Atruis, but he's a nobody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate CoT instances ..........uuurgh