Hey - I am THE Warlock , have you also risen from the dead?

Ok, so i decided to dump my druid at 85 cuz Resto aint that fun in Cata, I will never play a Moonkin and i dont really enjoy ferar a the moment.

So, i started to level my lock a bit, sorted out glyphs and so on and then took a trip to Hyjal ( Havent played the lock for.....6 months i think )

Ofc, i pop'd a littl felguard with some bladestor shizzl, some stun shizzl and the good old charge.

This was fun, even when jumped - my precious felguard saved me over and over while pop away a lill soulfire and HoG.
    Ok - got raped by the awsome 85 paladin but HEY - shit happens.

So - will it still be this fun at 85? Well, you cant answer for me, but some inputs would be nice. I did love my lock back in the days - Did PvE with preist at 70 and PvP with the Lock ( Ofc with the famous SL/SL build together with a druid and steamrolled S2 ) - Check drake, check title. But then i just got off the hook, really - just to take it to 80 was pain and got some decent leveling gear at lest for the first 10 quests :P

But i would love some tips about the leveling now, atm i am on a Demo/Dest spec and will find my way down in the dest tree as the points comes and i assume thats correct. But is there anything else i really should think about?

Deleted
    yes as demo you won't be having alot of issues in pvp (1v1 anyway)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Ofc, i pop'd a littl felguard with some bladestor shizzl, some stun shizzl and the good old charge.
    Please don't say shizzl again.

Demonology is the leveling spec of choice. Grab 3 mobs w/ Corruption, Felstorm/Shadowflame, loot.

R.I.P. YARG

demonology at 85 is fun in PvP. In PvE is kinda hard coz of all the procs/uptimes/cd monitoring etc etc. Still, it all comes down to what you want to do.

As far as leveling goes, i leveled destruction just because i love the spec. if you want fast leveling i'd say that idd demonology is the way to go unless you are experience in how affliction works (glyph of soul swap is so OP) but since you have been off for at least 6 months just go demo.

The coolest thing about demonology is that you can solo group quests. Although there are not many in cata some can still be found (that mizathrin or w/e dragon in uldum for example)

Thank you for some good input. Also going to spend the gold on Engineering and... Not sure. Alchemy or Leatherworking i assume. Could just fly and farm with my druid - now even in azeroth!

Thing with Demo in raids would be that it would give me ( and others ) a challange. I did raid booth as Affli and Dest back in the days so it would be kinda cool to try demo just for the good sake.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Please don't say shizzl again.

Demonology is the leveling spec of choice. Grab 3 mobs w/ Corruption, Felstorm/Shadowflame, loot.
    FO SHIZZLE :P j/k

Only 3 mobs Gherkin? I think you meant 3 packs of mobs. I just started playing Demo again since SL/SL in BC. For some of the fights in Cata it is just so op if adds need to be nuked IE worms in Magmaw and adds on Maloriak. Saw a WoL of demo lock on Magmaw doing 27k doing nothing but hellfire, couple of dots on boss. The range on imp hellfire is half the room.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is my one true love when it comes to any spec for any class. The one thing I always say is keybind your pets talents (axe/felstorm). It makes everything a LOT easier.

Well, it's allready binded to ctrl-1-2-3-4-5

Deleted
    Also considering to give me lock another shot. Tbh its the only class I truly fell for and getting it up to 85 seems only fair. Like said before, demo seems like the best choice for leveling atm but I wonder if it would be a wise idea to aim for the good old SL/felguard build (which was THE leveling specc 71-80).

Oh and yeah, 3.5k JP is kinda nice too.