Searing totem within 10 yards won't fire.

To give a better example, here is a screenshot I took. It shows the totem idol, but me attacking a target. The flameshock wasnt up at the time of the screenshot, but it was prior to the screeny.

As enhancement, this is a pretty big DPS nerf. My lava lash won't hit as hard as it should, and my DPS would drop by around 2-4k. Is anyone else having this problem?

The searing totem does not interact with the training dummies for some reason.

This happened to me on magmaw too. I was just doing it on the dummy to show. and it does fire on the dummy, but I have to lay the totems down literally on the dummy.

I had the same problem.. But, if you put your totems after engaging dummies it'll start attacking, at least that's what happened for me.

Yeah that is how it works, but I like to put totems down immediately to start stacking for lava lash. It should be hitting targets so long as it's in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you drop Searing when you aren't in combat, it by default doesn't attack anything, to prevent it pulling something by accident. If you drop it after combat starts, it should work pretty much fine.

It should detect that you've entered combat, but I'd rather have to drop it after combat than have it be set it to Aggressive by default, which is where it was at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Searing Totem should have a 30-40 yard range, like every other nuke spell.

Make it happen Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you drop Searing when you aren't in combat, it by default doesn't attack anything, to prevent it pulling something by accident. If you drop it after combat starts, it should work pretty much fine.

It should detect that you've entered combat, but I'd rather have to drop it after combat than have it be set it to Aggressive by default, which is where it was at one point.
    See I wish I could say this is 100% true, but I have dropped the totem on magmaw after the tank has pulled, and it seems anything outside 5-10 yards it doesnt want to shoot. I'll put in a GM ticket later and see if they can give me an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    Searing Totem should have a 30-40 yard range, like every other nuke spell.

Make it happen Blizzard!
    If you're Elemental, it does.

If you're Enhancement, you're supposed to be in melee range anyway, a 40 yard diameter circle is plenty of wiggle room as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    See I wish I could say this is 100% true, but I have dropped the totem on magmaw after the tank has pulled, and it seems anything outside 5-10 yards it doesnt want to shoot. I'll put in a GM ticket later and see if they can give me an answer.
    Didn't notice anything screwy last night on our Magmaw attempts, and I was hitting #1 or #2 on the DPS charts which I doubt I would've if it had been sitting there idle while I was busy keeping tabs on everything else. Could be a pathing/LoS issue with exactly where it got placed, which would be an issue unrelated to ST itself.

We DID have an Exposed Weak Point phase where Magmaw decided to look at the far corner of his hidey hole instead of landing on the spike, though, leaving him unable to be DPSed. The fight itself seems like it may be buggy, and if THAT's the issue, it's not ST's fault.

Yeah I'm usually on top myself, excluding the drop phases where our ret pally crits for 98k :/

I dunno, it really depends. If I notice it not shooting I do replace it, so my DPS normally doesnt change. it's when I dont notice that it does change.

I get similar issues. It really is broken.

i had the same problem on the dummy, i put it down then started bashing away with a confused look on my face when nothing happened. put it down after engaging and it should be fine