New skinning spots?

After the infamous stone bats hotfix, does anyone have a new spot to skin? I read in another thread about the tigers inside of the lost city but I ran it too many times already and am not sure where else I can go. I'm looking for a place where the mobs have the least amount of life possible (the stone bats only have 5k =/), but ALWAYS skin for 1 savage leather. I do not want any savage scraps, so, can anyone help me?

Deleted
    Stone bats are the best at least i haven't found anything bether

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlct View Post
    Problem is they can't be skinned anymore though

Quote Originally Posted by Adlct View Post
    They also aren't skinnable anymore.

Try the dragonkin in Twilight Highlands in the Obsidian forest you can get scales while you get leather too!

Finally got my DK to deepholme, only to have them hotfix the stonebats D:

Vashj'ir has tons of things to skin, but you get a lot of scraps in that zone. The sheer amount of skinnable creatures helps to make up for it though.
    The dragons as mentioned above in Twilight, and also the Dragons and Basilisks in Deepholm are a decent source of leather.

Since they made the change to the bats, leather on my server has gone from 250ish a stack, up to 350+ a stack. It really screwed the people that need the leather for Leatherworking.

I found a GREAT spot in Vas'jir, its around the broken ship where all the snakes swim around, with the BIG snake quest mob you need to kill. Stand there and kill the quest mob + the other mobs around. Did this with a shaman(Elemental) Did never go OOM and i looted around 20-30 mobs at a time. They spawned to fast to even skin everything, also a great place to small farm Voltaile(earth,fire,life,wind)

yea was with my GF trying to farm leather. We were a that exact ship in Vas'jir and the hardest part of it was the snakes re-spawn so fast that we couldn't even skin them all some were disappearing before we could skin because too many corpses lol wen ended up out of there with about 12 stacks of leather even after converting scraps in like 2 hrs it was pretty nice. Not to mention all the greens i got to DE and the gold that added up for our guild achieve. lol =P not the best but next time we are going to have a lower person there to help pull mobs and get exp lol grind and earn at the same time bonus bonus not sure how much exp he will get.

if your max level, go into reg lost city and kill the one elite with 5 tigers on either side, each tiger drops 2-3 leather once got 4 from one, easy way is the CC elite then down tigers then kill elite, I did this as a BM hunt with a shale spider, works great, quick fast leather though hit dungeon limit sometimes fast

I've found the Twilight Highlands area workable myself, and with leatehr on my server being about 450g, i really need it for my LW.

I farmed the dragonkin in the Twilight Highlands the obsidian forest. Not as fast as the stone bats but still pretty easy and you get dragonscales if you need them.

dragonkin in Twilight Highlands works fine.

Yeah with bats gone i don't really know any fast and reliable farming spots

The Twilight Highlands spot works decently. Also, the Dragonscales are needed in later on recipes that come in handy.

I've heard people suggest the Savage Garden (possibly its name?) out in Uldum where you had to kill the Coyotes. Issue: if you fully quest out the zone, you phase out of that. Perhaps the crocodiles there?

I find that the dragonkin in the southern portion of Hyjal, (the ones along the ridge, in the area of the quest chain to save the egg and kill the armored ones) to be a great spot. I get plenty of scales, even if most of it is scraps. They respawn faster than I can kill them currently, and are very easy to take down, great for anyone not max level.

If you're just looking for leather(no scales) the Crocolisk's in Tol Barad are decent especially if you're out there after the battle while people are doing their dailies.

As people have said before, Twilight Highlands is a very decent spot, the owls around trees, along the rocky cliffs work well. + worg and deer roaming about the grass.

On a side note, I've noticed something very strange, in Twilight Highlands in the Obsidian Forest upon the high tree, is some black dragon-flight, just drakes hovering upon the very top of the tree, these mobs do not attack or move, I cant remember off by heart, but there's around 7 or 8 there which have very low re spawn timers, which often get one shot by passing by Npcs, now as these do not attack, your able to sit there, and dot / tag each one as off your own free will, I've done this for about 2 solid hours and gotten about x100 black dragon scales, with alot of slacking inbetween. However, this was about one week ago and I'm not sure if this remains the same, happy hunting if you require black dragon scales too = )

I personally like the crocolisk's in Tol Barad.