Thread: Name theft !

Name theft !

Well , i know the title is kind of misleading ... but anyways here is my issue:

I've been gaming for a long time , and since i started it my nick-name was always one , which is Oblivion ... even in World of Warcraft when i was playing on EU realms , my account got hacked once and i never got it back , so i decided to try out US servers . as a force of habit i went to name my character Oblivion , it was taken , i didn't give it much of an attention , but after a while i found out it was taken by a lvl 17 character . now after three years it pisses me off that the character still exists in my server and it is still at lvl 17 !!!

But ...

A friend of mine in-game told me that you can report that issue to a GM , who will look into it and if it was true that the owner of the lvl 17 character had not logged into his account for ages he will make the name available to any player , but ofcourse ill be the one who is taking it .

Now the question is .. Is that thing true ? i mean can a GM provide me with the name ? i want to know whether it was true or not so i dont make any foolish moves .

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't hurt to ask them anyway.

I had a name i liked saved on a few servers. I got an email from blizzard a few weeks ago saying they gave the name, I had on one of the servers, to someone else. When I asked why they said the character i had was level 1 and inactive for 5 years, so they gave the name to an active player. So yes, if you send in a request they will look into it, and possibly give you the name.

It works i tried and i got the name for my hunter carbon
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

If the character is inactive, yeah, they'll do it. You might have to pay but probably not if you don't change your character's name.