Macro Icons + Map Foglight Question~

First question:

Two of my macros lose their image everytime I log out of my character, and I don't know why.

The ones with the green square around them are the ones I lose. I was wondering if anyone knew why they disappeared whenever I logged out? The actual macro stays there, but the image becomes blank. Literally clear. >_<

And the second one:

Does anyone know of an addon that JUST removes the foglight on the map, with the ability to very lowly shade the areas you haven't uncovered? I'm having difficulty finding all the new flight paths, and this would be helpful for when I haven't discovered a FP on a flightless toon.

EDIT: And because someone will ask: I have that many random macros with all the same name because I lay out my abilities up to level 85 on my action bars (starting around level 45), and delete them as I learn the actual skill. It helps me prepare my mind for being used to the new spells being present on my action bar, so that my OCD doesn't bother me massively if something looks different.

What do the macros contain? I have macros for food that lose their image sometimes so it could be a similar issue.

Nothing, it has /sa Fire Orb and /sa Ring of Frost (the /sa is on all the macros, it's there in case I accidentally press it, nothing pops up in chat.)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use Mapster - it's the lightest addon I know of that has the option to remove/edit the mapfog.

Thanks, tried it, but I'm more looking for a map add on that allows me to keep the default map size, XD

And anyone have ideas about the macros?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Nothing, it has /sa Fire Orb and /sa Ring of Frost (the /sa is on all the macros, it's there in case I accidentally press it, nothing pops up in chat.)
    How do you mean? Those macros don't even cast anything/do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    How do you mean? Those macros don't even cast anything/do anything?
    I just typed random letters after the / :P

Otherwise, if I just put Fire Orb, it actually says something. My group yelled at me the first time I grouped after making all the macros cause I kept spamming them with "Deep Freeze".

Deleted
    You could try simply making macros with:
    Code:
    #show Ring of Frost
    Code:
    #show Fire Orb
    EDIT: I'm unsure though if those will actually work if you don't have the spell in question learned.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-12-26 at 10:50 AM.

Are you using these as the first line of the macros?

Code:
    #showtooltip Ring of Frost

Code:
    #showtooltip Flame Orb
    This should normally work, however, after testing I found that if you do not yet have the skill the icons will not appear. If you select the icons manually they will be removed after logging out. This also applies to icons of items you no longer have.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-26 at 06:07 PM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

So in other words, I'm stuck manually selecting it every time? ._.

I don't quite understand why it's just the level 80+ spells that do this. :S

The spell is called Flame Orb btw, not Fire Orb or Frostfire Orb, and are you level 85?.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

He was making the macros to train himself for when he reaches level 85.

Also, I tested Flame Orb first, the results were the same. If you don't have it, it won't let you use/save the icon or tool tip.

It honestly sounds like a bug imo.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-27 at 03:26 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    He was making the macros to train himself for when he reaches level 85.

Also, I tested Flame Orb first, the results were the same. If you don't have it, it won't let you use/save the icon or tool tip.

It honestly sounds like a bug imo.
    I would assume so. XD It won't let me post on the forums though, gives me a 404 error after I press Submit thread. o_o

And I call it Fire Orb because it makes it better to Frostfire Orb. And yes, it is Frostfire Orb after you talent it in deep frost. :P (It's still called Flame Orb, but it acts as a Frostfire Orb)