Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Resil didn't fix it; Time for a break

Its what I was told for so long, and I tried to hold out on it.

Now at nearly 2900resil later, as a HEALER, while fake casting my ass off, I cant outlive a SINGLE feral druids facerolling bleed damage.

Taking a break from this game; rated BG was a massive let down, TB is pathetic, cant even do arena thanks to this being the shit all over healers season and allowing every feral/arms/dk and their mom in crappy blues easily solo healers without getting a single cast off, if not forcing oom in secs.

Beginning of a expac, I know; but they've been testing this for many months and have two previous expacs of experience.

Needless to say, I honestly dont expect any kind of balance ever in game. But what I do expect is that people arent given divine godmode especially with no acknowledgement from the developers that they have a issue with what they've created and will be working to fix it in time, even when people are putting in all the effort to stack the shit out of the oh so original advice of 'resil will fix it, L2P' just for a band-aid for a severed torso.

I've been a PvP healer since Patch 2.5, this is the saddest excuse for WoW PvP as a whole that Ive ever seen, which is saying a lot with how horrible wrath was, along with a patch in BC.

Ill be back the day I see a massive overhaul of patch notes, till then Ill be elsewhere.

Have fun everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    I've been a PvP healer since Patch 2.5
    Really? Patch 2.5?
    <Insert image larger than anything I usually post, most likely with details of my toons, which nobody cares about but me>

Deleted
    Are you, by chance, a Priest?

But what I do expect is that people arent given divine godmode
    Ah, you mean like healers in wotlk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggle View Post
    Ah, you mean like healers in wotlk?
    I remember that...High resil disc Priest or Resto druid could run a flag unassisted with half a team on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm guessing the OP plays a priest?

i won't lie, though, DKs and ferals are putting out more damage than anything right now. a lot of it is gear dependency, DKs and feral basically don't need gear to do damage, while healers atm don't have the gear to withstand it.

what's ridiculous is the skill-cap on these classes with DoTs as their main source of damage. it's set and forget with very little thought involved - all you have to do is interrupt casts, the damage basically goes on autopilot, otherwise.

Know what they should've done? Made crit scale ridiculously more when you level where a SUPER high crit rating would be 10% or less like Vanilla. Crit is whats effing with PvP since BC. A critical strike should be uncommon and rewarding, not a necessity.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Healers aren't supposed to outlive dps 1vs1 indefinetly, ask your arena teammate to help you in critical moments. Charge/disarm/CC/slows or anyother way which could help you live thru.

Quote Originally Posted by sykur View Post
    Healers aren't supposed to outlive dps 1vs1 indefinetly, ask your arena teammate to help you in critical moments. Charge/disarm/CC/slows or anyother way which could help you live thru.
    Yeah, but they should be able to live long enough to cast a spell. Melee dps have WAY too much CC and interrupt ability, and it's ridiculously OP now that all CC reduction talents are gone.

15+ Year Old Account

Now at nearly 2900resil later, as a HEALER, while fake casting my ass off, I cant outlive a SINGLE feral druids facerolling bleed damage.

Taking a break from this game; rated BG was a massive let down, TB is pathetic, cant even do arena thanks to this being the shit all over healers season and allowing every feral/arms/dk and their mom in crappy blues easily solo healers without getting a single cast off, if not forcing oom in secs.

Beginning of a expac, I know; but they've been testing this for many months and have two previous expacs of experience.

Needless to say, I honestly dont expect any kind of balance ever in game. But what I do expect is that people arent given divine godmode especially with no acknowledgement from the developers that they have a issue with what they've created and will be working to fix it in time, even when people are putting in all the effort to stack the shit out of the oh so original advice of 'resil will fix it, L2P' just for a band-aid for a severed torso.

I've been a PvP healer since Patch 2.5, this is the saddest excuse for WoW PvP as a whole that Ive ever seen, which is saying a lot with how horrible wrath was, along with a patch in BC.

Ill be back the day I see a massive overhaul of patch notes, till then Ill be elsewhere.

Have fun everyone.
    So you're sitting at 30.46% damage reduction and you're still being killed by bleeds? I find that slightly hard to believe.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    So you're sitting at 30.46% damage reduction and you're still being killed by bleeds? I find that slightly hard to believe.
    You seen druid's bleeds? ^^ getting 19k per sec here with 2.3k resi.

OT: If your a WOTLK Priest pvp'r, then your gona have it tough, because thats the point of it now. They thought it was too easy in WOTLK so they mad it harde, your easy tme is over im affriad

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

"Living in a fight against someone doing damage is hard" is what I got from this. It would seem to me that....thats the idea? I'm sorry but I feel that killing someone should be easier than healing and keeping them alive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Yeah, but they should be able to live long enough to cast a spell. Melee dps have WAY too much CC and interrupt ability, and it's ridiculously OP now that all CC reduction talents are gone.
    I have to agree on this one. I think that casters are having it bad with the long casts and with all the extra interrupt classes got this expansion, while the physical dps can still do their dmg without any realy interruption.
    What they should fix in next balance patch:
    Feral can dot someone up and let it die - takes no effort to kill someone with unavoidable dots. Some dmg must be shifted toward other abilities
    DK dps is too high single target
    Hunter dps isn't affected much by moving
    Hunter aoe is higher than it should be (my hurricane ticks less than their explosive trap dot + they have that retarded improved serpent sting)
    Warlock aoe is out of controll
    DK dps is slightly too good
    Ret paladins are non-existent, all I see is prot.

in my humble opinion a healer should die fast if he has no assistance

right now if thats what is happening then il be happy to do a little more pvp again

i always hated the fact that if i saw a lone disc priest i knew i could never kill him before a few others would show up even if it was 2-3 mins later

it was like banging ure head against a wall and i was an OP heavy geared frost mage :P (before 4.0)

i hope it stays like this. if a healers weakness is melee then so be it

I've been a PvP healer since Patch 2.5, this is the saddest excuse for WoW PvP as a whole that Ive ever seen, which is saying a lot with how horrible wrath was, along with a patch in BC

Have fun everyone.

No healer can out heal a feral druid, they're how you say it... OP? They use to have high damage and no interurpt which was balanced, now they have both which is over the top, slowly (slowly being hopefully before s10) their damage gets normalized, then we can focus on warriors being op!

I love it.
    I loved waiting all through the months of beta, people saying "It's just beta!" or when 4.0.1 came out "ITS BALANCED FOR 85!" Now we're 85, getting the pvp gear and guess what, it's not balanced. What's the next excuse? It's balanced for 4.3? Balanced for 80% damage reduction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDHEU View Post
    You seen druid's bleeds? ^^ getting 19k per sec here with 2.3k resi.

OT: If your a WOTLK Priest pvp'r, then your gona have it tough, because thats the point of it now. They thought it was too easy in WOTLK so they mad it harde, your easy tme is over im affriad
    alright to some point it should be harder but disc priests are just COMPLETELY underpowered, they need more mobility/healing

Healers were godmode in Wrath - that was a huge mistake. DPS vs Healer should almost always be the DPS as the victor.

I actually giggle now that Disc Priests can't run around with full health and mana all the while killing most any DPS 1v1. Paybacks a you know what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Idk ive seen resto shamans take on 3 ppl with ease..a pally too if they are really good. Mainly just priests and resto druids that need the buff big time lol Priests are so easy to kill in pvp now :[ Esp since they oom so quick and the resil i find it just as equal to wrath. Also realize 50% of dmg but only 30k health is almost equivalent to 110k health with almost 30% dmg reduction

darn, because all healers weren't op during wotlk...except holy priests...but srsly lol@healers QQing