Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No, you're not. Without resilience they tick for about 5k each, every third and second second.

1667 + 2500 = 4167 DPS.

A little over 5000 dps if you include crits. This is before resilience.

Lots of bullshit and little fact in this thread.
    Like every thread complaining about Frost Mages? Ugh, it's sad when people just resort to complaining and pouting instead of fixing shit.
    BfA Beta Time

Dam, 2900 resil. No way to get more than that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slyy View Post
    Dam, 2900 resil. No way to get more than that...
    I cant tell if your being sarcastic.. anyhow, ill bite:

at max, if you get 2x 2-set bonus, you can get ~4000.

What's the point of playing a healer if you can't even last against ONE dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    You're bad if you can't kite (assassination) rogue or DK..
    Last time i checked crippling was slowing me by 70% on ghost wolf. Dont know if that bug is fixed yet. So yeah, rogues stick on me as if i have glue on my ass. Everytime i had a rogue on me id just get up and get myself a beer. No point in delaying the inevitable, it could take a while but at the very least he would kill me by depleting all my mana. Besides you have sprint on a 1min CD and we dont have defensive CDs to pop, like pain sup/barskin to tank the damage.
    DKs are so hard i usually /dance with them and have a bit of fun untill they give up believe me they all give up eventually ^^

all in all, healing is fun. you cant handle two good DPS on BGs anymore wich is good. you can heal good DPSers fine if they know what they are doing, and you will go OOM healing bads/badly geared ppl that wont care about survival. all good except of course when you get slowed bellow 100% while in ghost wolf -.-' and kitties are doing way too much damage right now
    Last edited by mmocd0e843edf6; 2010-12-25 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    All this talk about " if u played in wrath as a pvper only you're gonna find it hard" and "healing has gone back to the days of bc and vanilla". All that is a load of shit. I played in vanilla, not till around the end, but long enough to watch pvp and if u got attacked as a healer u were pretty screwed. In BC once I got resil on my shaman, I could take on 2 sometimes 3 melee dps at a time. Near the end of wrath, if the healer had great gear and the dps had great gear, the fights were very even, now im talkng about the pre-cata abilitys patch. But in cata, people who dont play healers dont get it, our casts take longer to get off, heal for less, cost more, heal larger health pools, and the dmg being put on us is more than what was at the end of wrath.

Healing as a whole is a joke atm. Larger health pools didnt fix the "issue" that was there. And to be honest the only people I saw bitching in wrath were the ones in their furious gear getting rolled by someone in full T10.5 with SM. While pvp was goofy in wrath, I would gladly take that playstyle over the current. Healers shouldnt be a free kill in pvp, they shold be able to stand up 1v1 for a while, and 2v1 in certain situations if called upon for short periods of time. I havent pvpd much at all so far because I'm just not going to put myself thru the stress of it atm. I will, like many others, wait untill they fix the issues with healing. Also the "triage" philosphy of healing is fucking retarded, I find myself standing around with my thumb in my ass trying to regen mana while I watch everyone else have fun.
    U seem mad. This week, I lost 2 arenas and won 8, on 2k+ MMR since it was reseted, I only lost against feral/dk/holy pala because they are just ridiculously OP, and 1 due to my teammate's major fuck up and the fact the other team outplayed us. I was able to take on even 3 dps teams with the help of my teammates, and I only have 1.5k resi. I was losing hardly any mana, there was 1 arena against double healer with feral (as sick as it sounds...), where we barely won because of my mana. Against 1-2 teams I was above 90% mana without using Mana Tide after we beat them... And yeah, they sucked, since MMR was reseted we weren't meeting people equal to us. But still, if PvP was so broken I'd be OOM after every arena.

Suggestion to all those whiners here: Change your playstyle or your team mates, PvP is not broken, the only thing broken is feral, and I'm sure they are going to get nerfed soon enough.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No, you're not. Without resilience they tick for about 5k each, every third and every other second.

1667 + 2500 = 4167 DPS.

A little over 5000 dps if you include crits. This is before resilience.

Lots of bullshit and little fact in this thread.

A PVE geared might get 10k DPS from bleeds, but that's with very good gear, and both trinkets procced (also before resilience).
    Are you talking about WotLK? It sure seems like it. I am getting critted for 10k each tick from both Rip and Rake, even though I have -50% physical dmg thanks to mail armor, and 1.5k resi which should nerf bleeds by another 13%. I still am getting critted for 10k+, and I'm not making it up. If you think you are hitting for 5k maybe you should level up or stop trying to dps naked? Seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    Are you talking about WotLK? It sure seems like it. I am getting critted for 10k each tick from both Rip and Rake, even though I have -50% physical dmg thanks to mail armor, and 1.5k resi which should nerf bleeds by another 13%. I still am getting critted for 10k+, and I'm not making it up. If you think you are hitting for 5k maybe you should level up or stop trying to dps naked? Seriously...
    Getting crit for 10k you say. You do realise there's a difference between hits and crits right, and our bleeds have a 30-35% chance to crit.
    Armor doesn't reduce bleeds.

You're a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    i'm guessing the OP plays a priest?

i won't lie, though, DKs and ferals are putting out more damage than anything right now. a lot of it is gear dependency, DKs and feral basically don't need gear to do damage, while healers atm don't have the gear to withstand it.

what's ridiculous is the skill-cap on these classes with DoTs as their main source of damage. it's set and forget with very little thought involved - all you have to do is interrupt casts, the damage basically goes on autopilot, otherwise.
    Dk arent a dot class, dk have Ok dmg not like OP feral, and yes DK are gear dependant since every attack is based on a % o weapon dmg, and the diesease damg from dk is ridiculous atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by disturbiaa View Post
    Idk ive seen resto shamans take on 3 ppl with ease..a pally too if they are really good. Mainly just priests and resto druids that need the buff big time lol Priests are so easy to kill in pvp now :[ Esp since they oom so quick and the resil i find it just as equal to wrath. Also realize 50% of dmg but only 30k health is almost equivalent to 110k health with almost 30% dmg reduction
    So you think its good that a resto shammy or holy pally can take on 3 people? You think thats balanced, and because priests and resto druids can't do that, they need a buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutual Slump View Post
    I love it.
    I loved waiting all through the months of beta, people saying "It's just beta!" or when 4.0.1 came out "ITS BALANCED FOR 85!" Now we're 85, getting the pvp gear and guess what, it's not balanced. What's the next excuse? It's balanced for 4.3? Balanced for 80% damage reduction?
    you knwo nothign will never be perfect right?

Deleted
    I wasnt suprised you died by some fotm feral bleed's, just suck it up and wait for a nerf,

10+ Year Old Account
    Merry Christmas!

As a feral in PvP gear, I'd just like to say that I don't kill people with bleeds. Looking over my logs, bleeds account for 20-30% of my total damage. At least in arena. And that's with a ~86% uptime.

But that takes into account long losses and such. Most of my wins with my team, my bleeds are like 10% of my damage because people die 4-5sec into the first rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    You're bad if you can't kite (assassination) rogue or DK..
    death grip->chains of ice>strangulate>dead

Most major leagues have dropped WoW as an esport for 2011 because it's gone from a popular competitive game(with arenas) to being horribly unbalanced with no signs from blizzard that they even care to balance it. Druid bleeds have hit me for 9k... I have less than 500 res so I expect that but even with 30% damage reduction it would still be doing ridiculous amounts. Mage ice lances hitting for 25k+ while you can do nothing but stand there frozen, interrupted or stunned. Warriors completely ignoring armor with colossus smash(didn't they get rid of ArPen for a reason?). Rogues smoke bomb making them a one trick pony. Constantly being CC'd and not actually being able to play the game... pvp is in an extremely sad state.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Most major leagues have dropped WoW as an esport for 2011 because it's gone from a popular competitive game(with arenas) to being horribly unbalanced with no signs from blizzard that they even care to balance it. Druid bleeds have hit me for 9k... I have less than 500 res so I expect that but even with 30% damage reduction it would still be doing ridiculous amounts. Mage ice lances hitting for 25k+ while you can do nothing but stand there frozen, interrupted or stunned. Warriors completely ignoring armor with colossus smash(didn't they get rid of ArPen for a reason?). Rogues smoke bomb making them a one trick pony. Constantly being CC'd and not actually being able to play the game... pvp is in an extremely sad state.
    I have yet to see WoW PvP being dropped from leagues, and I doubt it will be seeing as how PvP is a bit more balanced than it was in the previous expansion.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    No class should be able to survive three dps nuking him.
    ...Which is exactly what I wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    A note to all the dps people saying stop qqing and lol pay back time from wotlk, just please remember who are the ones that keep you alive in bg's... I'd think you would appreciate it a little more if your team mate healer were not dieing in like a few seconds... Christ how can you be so stupid in saying some or the things you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Are you trying to claim that Blizzard had balanced PVP at some point in the games lifetime?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Are you trying to claim that Blizzard had balanced PVP at some point in the games lifetime?
    Mid-to-late S3 through S4 (pre-4 piece/4 piece of course) was pretty damn balanced, and that's coming from a Mage.
    BfA Beta Time

Im a ret pally, need i say more? Pvp can be fun but I basically need a healer with me and not be focused at all to do much in a BG. One on one i can handle most classes, but in groups im not much use it seems.