Should I wait to solve archaelogy projects until 525?

I am working on my archaeology right now and I am just curious if I should save up all my fragments from races that I actually want the rares from (night elf for trinket, etc) and only solve from races I don't care about (fossil) until i hit 525? Do the epic rares require lvl 525 to discover? Do you have an increased chance of getting rares at lvl 525?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    you can't.. as no digs give any skill points beyond 100, so you'll need to solve a fair few just to get to 525. The epic rares appear at 450+ so its worth solving whatever you can beyond 100

Deleted
    I would say check which epic you want, and where it comes from, and keep those fragments, solve the rest, and once you hit 525, just solve them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    you can't.. as no digs give any skill points beyond 100, so you'll need to solve a fair few just to get to 525. The epic rares appear at 450+ so its worth solving whatever you can beyond 100
    Sounds like someone just read the title.

OT: You can solve only fossils up to 450 and then solve the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    The time taken to level from only a few types of dig, plus the risk that your first NE solve above 450 is the epic you want, is a pain. Pick one race to not solve until 450, solve the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    The time taken to level from only a few types of dig, plus the risk that your first NE solve above 450 is the epic you want, is a pain. Pick one race to not solve until 450, solve the rest.
    This.

I wouldn't hold on to more than 1 type... Otherwise it's going to be tough to actually get to 450.
    I've been holding on to all Night-elf ones from skill 250, or something.

/ww out

apparently, some of the better rares have a higher chance to be learnt after u hit a certain lvl eg.450 for the dwarf staff. so if u keep ur relics for a certain race unsolved till u hit that lvl in archy then u might have a better chance of getting the particular rare.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're going for Tyrante's Fav Doll, then I might tell you that I had to solve each and every single Night Elf rare before getting it. It's gonna be really hard for you to level it to 450. REALLY hard. Cause it's quite easy in Kalimdor. Just do it normally, you'll start getting the rares at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    If you're going for Tyrante's Fav Doll, then I might tell you that I had to solve each and every single Night Elf rare before getting it. It's gonna be really hard for you to level it to 450. REALLY hard. Cause it's quite easy in Kalimdor. Just do it normally, you'll start getting the rares at some point.
    Yes sir, just solve everything you can to increase your skill (cause its much more fun)

look at it like this:
    to get your skill to 525 without solving nighelf (f.e) and then use every nightelf fragment and you get your item (if your lucky!!!) it takes, lets say, 6 days

if you just use every fragment when you can to increase your skill you'll be at 525 in 3 days and from that on it takes another 3 days to get your item (again if your lucky!!!)

In the end you've won nothing

Deleted
    Start solving Night Elf at 450 and you will definitely be at 525.

Personally, I wanted the trinket so saved my Night Elf fragments. I would say saving one set of fragments is a pretty solid strategy, but don't be surprised when you don't get the trinket anyway. Additionally, if you want more than say 1 Tol'Vir rare, don't save Night Elf fragments. You will probably get more than enough by the time you get your Tol'Vir target.

Yeah, not really any point saving Night Elf fragments. I'm already at 525 trying to get Tol'vir rares, and am doing 4-8 Night Elf dig sites before the next Tol'vir site appears.

Thanks for the replies. Think I'n gonna try to save dwarf and spend all my night elf. If all the horror stories are true I'm sure I'll have more than enough night elf while I search for my vial of the sands....