Question Planing to Upgrade few parts .

like the title say im want/need to upgrade my computer because i can't no longer run Ultra setting w/o some Lag .

so i got my idea on what to upgrade but here what i have need your feedback and your help ^_^.

mobo: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
    PSU: CORSAIR HX Series 850w
    HD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz
    RAM: OCZ Platinum 4g ddr3 1600
    GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (my guess is here with the new projected texture and use of new graphic stuff that this card not suporting and it's stuck on Dx10 dunno if wow now use dx11)

Turn shadows few steps down and it'll work just fine. Also you could consider overclocking the CPU.

Your graphics card do not support DX11, but other than that it's still pretty fast for WoW's needs.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Greetings. World of Warcraft has an "experimental" DirectX 11 mode that has made quite an improvement for us DX11 card holders. It will boost your FPS by 25%-30% (there's a review on tomshardware.com about it).

You could try the following:

1. OC your CPU to 3.5-3.6 GHz (it should go swell, it's a Black Edition so just use the multiplier, not the FSB)
    2. OC your GPU a little. In that idea, just OC the Core and the Shader clock, leave the memory alone. Memory on GPU's tends to be a little MEH about OC.

That should do the trick. If you don't know how to OC your GPU, try searching for MSI Afterburner. It will do everything for you. For the CPU OC, use AMD Overdrive (because you have an AMD Chipset), or just plain simple BIOS tweaking. You can increase the voltage to the CPU a bit if it refuses to OC to 3.5-3.6 GHz, but you should be ok.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Getting a DX11 card would be a pretty good boost. Although a 4870 should still be able to handle near ultra without an issue.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrafted View Post
    Greetings. World of Warcraft has an "experimental" DirectX 11 mode that has made quite an improvement for us DX11 card holders. It will boost your FPS by 25%-30% (there's a review on tomshardware.com about it).

You could try the following:

1. OC your CPU to 3.5-3.6 GHz (it should go swell, it's a Black Edition so just use the multiplier, not the FSB)
    2. OC your GPU a little. In that idea, just OC the Core and the Shader clock, leave the memory alone. Memory on GPU's tends to be a little MEH about OC.

That should do the trick. If you don't know how to OC your GPU, try searching for MSI Afterburner. It will do everything for you. For the CPU OC, use AMD Overdrive (because you have an AMD Chipset), or just plain simple BIOS tweaking. You can increase the voltage to the CPU a bit if it refuses to OC to 3.5-3.6 GHz, but you should be ok.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm quite noobish at overclocking.
    On my Phenom x2 560 BE when I go past 3.6'ish it shuts itself down or bluescreens. Would bumping the voltage up a little fix this? Temperatures seem to be fine idle, around 35°C.
    If so, by how much should I overvolt?

yea i know how to OC did it already for gpu and not yet cpu (still not running full so i guess not there) i know the probleme that card have with shadow i had it near max just had to scale 1 down to run flawless.

i know my card is way enough im just planing to upgrade anyway and im the kinda perfectionist guy meh i like to put somthing to its max and have it to run flawless even if it's minor upgrade. So yea i was considering getting a new dx11 card but i wonder if i should wait the new 6990 and be set for couple year or if it would be better to get a single gpu solution now and upgrade to the 6990 later.

and Prixie yea cpu have a limit at wich u can oc w/o uping the voltage a litle i can't tell you exactly at what u have to put it because each cpu and computer set up are different but im sure it have quite a good load of site that could explain you how to find the good value.

Thansk to all your answer always good to talk those kind of stuff with people that know what they say ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrafted View Post
    Overclocking your GPU will give little to no benefit in WoW. In other games, it's a great idea, but for WoW it's nearly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Overclocking your GPU will give little to no benefit in WoW. In other games, it's a great idea, but for WoW it's nearly pointless.
    it's general for all card ? or i guess it depend of the card if that card is limited only by her compatibility and feature it provide then it's useless but if it's your card overall speed it could help ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0vergil0 View Post
    it's general for all card ? or i guess it depend of the card if that card is limited only by her compatibility and feature it provide then it's useless but if it's your card overall speed it could help ?
    For any mid-range or higher card, it's true. For the bottom of the barrel cards, some overclocking might help, but they're typically not designed to handle any form of overclocking.