Fire pvp in rated bg?

Not yet 85, so I wondered do I have to go frost to do serius pvp in bg? Or can I stay whith my favorite spec whith out discrimination from pvp guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunwrath View Post
    Not yet 85, so I wondered do I have to go frost to do serius pvp in bg? Or can I stay whith my favorite spec whith out discrimination from pvp guilds.
    I don't see why it would be a bad choice, personally I've always found fire to be superior in Rated BG's, I've used both equally within the few rated bg games I've had and my guild have not seemed to mind either way as both and I also think blast wave is a much better choice than the extra freeze you get from your pet, as that just say stops the efc/demo for half a second before everyone dps'ing the opposer is broken, whereas blast wave really does slow them. Also running with scorch is just so badass :3

You should just try and get acquainted to both in normal bg's beforehand, and see which one either: You enjoy more, or perform better with.

Good luck in your choice

Go frost you rbgs is all about interupting and peeling

aswell rbgs + serious isnt that common :P

rbg is all about general tactic and strategy, it doesnt matter if fire or frost, both can be usefull.
    IMHO frost is better for wsg, twin peaks and strand because u can better slow / root

The problem with fire is that it has no controlled burst. Even if you take shatter talents from frost tree, you only have two novas, both easily dispellable. So basically when you really have to kill someone, you usually have no procs and nothing crits, and you just spam scorch. Yeah.

Another thing is that it lacks slows. With no rank1 frostbolt, your only reliable slowing effect will be blast wave. As mage is all about CC'ing and slowing the enemies, I think it's very important.

Though on SotA, fire is superior, because of scorch-on-the-run spam

Another problem u play against healer and dps ur LB get dispeled witch is anoying