Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

No more Matt Smith, bring back Tennant!
    Well damn that sucks. i thought he signed on for another year.

It really shows how much british talent is valued in this day and age.

Bye Matt you will be missed but now comes months and months of intensive speculation on the next Doctor

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Bye Matt you will be missed but now comes months and months of intensive speculation on the next Doctor
    inb4 "it should be a black guy" and/or "It should be a woman"

also, please god not Cumberbatch, he's a great actor, but he's too heavily invested in peoples minds as Sherlock, wouldn't work at ALL to make him the Doctor as well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh dear god no, I'd rather keep Smith forever than Cumberbatch.
    How about um.....Hugh Laurie? I am just saying it...I know all of you were thinking of it....

My knowledge of Britain actors is fairly lacking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    inb4 "it should be a black guy" and/or "It should be a woman"

also, please god not Cumberbatch, he's a great actor, but he's too heavily invested in peoples minds as Sherlock, wouldn't work at ALL to make him the Doctor as well.
    I think this day in age it is racist to pick people because of their skin color, just pick them because they will be good at the job, not because of their race to not be racist.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-06-01 at 10:38 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Cumberbatch has gone all hollywood , so i dont think he will be the next Doctor.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    How about um.....Hugh Laurie? I am just saying it...I know all of you were thinking of it....

My knowledge of Britain actors is fairly lacking though.

I think this day in age it is racist to pick people because of their skin color, just pick them because they will be good at the job, not because of their race to not be racist.
    lol Hugh Laurie would be fucking awesome. I highly doubt it could be though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Well damn that sucks. i thought he signed on for another year.
    Yeah..wtf....thought we already had confirmation on him doing S8. I'm....very not happy with this.
    BAD WOLF

im curious to see other peoples opinions of the next doctor IF they go to the female or black direction. i dont remember any names but theres only a couple women i can see pulling it off as well as black actors. what do others think?

"Matt Smith, the 11th Doctor, has announced plans to exit his role on the BBC's Doctor Who after four years on the show. Smith joined the show is 2010 and will depart following the upcoming, highly anticipated, 50th anniversary special and then the Christmas special in which he will be regenerated into what will become the 12th Doctor." -IGN

Matt Smith is leaving a lot sooner than we expected. The 50th and the Christmas Special better be some fantastic episodes to say goodbye!

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...uits-role.html

The Sun are terrible, but if it is actually a woman i'll most likely stop watching. It just doesn't suit the role, seeing the actor change often is bad enough but a gender change would be horrible.

Honestly, just no to a female Doctor. They already explored a female equivalent to him with River Song.
    Plus, it'd make their relationship rather.. awkward.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Honestly, just no to a female Doctor. They already explored a female equivalent to him with River Song.
    Plus, it'd make their relationship rather.. awkward.
    Nonononononono! The Doctor is a male alien who regenerates, not a regenerating cross-gender alien. Just stick to males please. >_<

Shame Matt Smith is going...bring back David Tennant, yum. :3

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

it should be a ginger! the doctor always wanted red hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt smith going out of it :<
    I'm so sad, I loved him as the doctor. Took me a while to get used to him though so it will take me a while to get used to whoever the new doctor is.

first matt smith lies twice and tells us he will be in series 8... then he leaves y u do dis matt? Y U DO DISS @_@

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:20 AM ----------

i am legit crying right now waking up to this i cant even imagine how the next doctor could replace matt

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:36 AM ----------

i knew he was gonna leave soon but i really thought we would get atleast one more series
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought season 7 too, get home to find out this is the last season I'll be seeing him in!

Only a Christmas special left to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I just bought season 7 too, get home to find out this is the last season I'll be seeing him in!

Only a Christmas special left to go.
    and the 50th so thats 2 episodes unless they make the christmas episode a 2 parter like davids
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Still yet to watch Doctor Who. I kind of want to, since I actually like some of the derivatives that have come from the shows history. Just don't know what season to start with, and which doctor. Any opinions on which would be the best to go for?

I have heard some good things about this, I want to start watching this, but I don't know where to begin at. Any advice?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

if you want to start right away you could start at the eleventh hour since its kind of a fresh start since theres a new doctor and a new companion.

however i strongly recommend starting with the first episode of series 1 rose.