Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What I've been trying to say the whole time is that it's not a random episode. I'm not sure why that's not clear. I think it's hilarious that you're trying to call me out on picking apart people's posts while doing the exact same thing.

Don't worry Dass that's all he does honestly. i asked him to show me proof that amy was useful and his reply was

" It's quite shameful to be this degree of biased that you can't even watch all of a show you supposedly enjoy","Clearly you're having a go to cause some drama in the Who thread, but whatever."

^ Doesn't sound like he is describing how Useful she was in any fashion . Also Kelimbror if we all wanted a headstrong red head we would get the best one out there Donna Noble ( amy was a bargain bin Donna just accept that ) Donna saved all of creation what did Amy do ? get married and immediately wants to cheat on rory !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah on the usefulness scale i would say

Donna (most important person in the uni) > Clara (saved the doctor which allowed him to save the uni) > Rose (badwolf)> Martha (saved the earth from the master/ possible future wars with other aliens) > Amy (indirectly caused the tardis to explode) :S

Though, there is a nice moment in the new episode where the doctor comments on how amy was better than clara :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah on the usefulness scale i would say

Donna (most important person in the uni) > Clara (saved the doctor which allowed him to save the uni) > Rose (badwolf)> Martha (saved the earth from the master/ possible future wars with other aliens) > Amy (indirectly caused the tardis to explode) :S

Though, there is a nice moment in the new episode where the doctor comments on how amy was better than clara :S
    I don't remember that part, is it in the first episode? Must have passed by it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I don't remember that part, is it in the first episode? Must have passed by it.
    It's when they are strapped to the chairs under the restaurant and clara is trying to roll the sonic towards her with her feet, the doctor says under his breath 'it's times like this i miss Amy' Clara says 'who?' then the doctor says 'nothing' again under his breath :S

stop discussing spoilers guys its making capaldi sad

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Capaldi is interviewed in today’s Sunday Times and provides some interesting insight into Series 8.

Despite being a life-long fan Capaldi said he needed to be convinced before accepting the role: “I didn’t want to be Doctor Who in a Doctor Who I didn’t like. I had to be convinced the I show was going in a direction I was interested in.”

Speaking about the Doctor and Clara’s relationship, he says: “There’ll be no flirting, that’s for sure. It’s not what this Doctor’s concerned with. It’s quite a fun relationship, but no. I did call and say, ‘I want no Papa-Nicole moments.’ I think there was a bit of tension with that at first, but I was absolutely adamant.”

Capaldi says the costume took a long time to settle on: “I tried on everything anybody suggested. We’d go to a costume house and have huge, exhausting sessions of getting dressed up. It’s fine for about 15 minutes, but by the time we’ve done 3.5 hours, it’s like, get me out of this. The most ridiculous outfit, the one I loved, I looked like Count Arthur Strong with a real, old cardigan.”

His thoughts on the costume they finally settled on: “I think it’s quite a hard look. I always wanted him to be in black — I always just saw the Doctor in dark colours. Not tweed. Matt’s a really young cool guy — he can wear anything, but I wanted to strip it back and be very stark.”

In response to criticisms of recent stories becoming too ‘over the top’: “We still blow a lot of s*** up. That’s very important, but it’s going to be a bit different from what we’ve seen over recent years. A bit more gravity. Some situations are more sombre and I think there are more rooted dramatic scenes. Over the past two or three years, which I’ve loved, there has often been a breathless vigour; we still have that attack, but we have another level of drama, another tone. And the scenes are longer.”

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi-was-adamant-about-no-flirting-in-series-8-64861.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DoctorWhoTv+%28Doc tor+Who+TV%29
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, that's JUST what I wanted to hear. I knew Capaldi was the right man for the job and that interview confirms it for me.

Now we just need to see him work
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

This might be the first Doctor of the new series I like from the very start. I was lukewarm towards Eccleston, but liked him so much by the end that I hated Tennant when he showed up with his pretty boy looks. And then he grew on me, and I hated Matt Smith when he showed up. And then he grew on me.

But I do agree, things have gotten over-the-top, and the more somber Doctor is just what the show needs.

i had to warm up to tennant because he was so different from eccelston and the fact that he slept through his whole first episode didnt help (seriously whos idea was that shit?)

matt however i liked right off the bat. i remember him saying "hello im the doctor" and i was like yep lets go take me on this ride doctor where we goin.

and capaldi i like right off the bat mostly because ive loved him in everything hes done.

also comicon makes me want to cosplay.

so much good cosplay

- - - Updated - - -

makes it seem like the monsters are singing
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Great interview with Capaldi in the post up above. I'm glad that the tone will be a bit more somber and melancholy. Matt Smith fantastically portrayed The Doctor but it was ever-so-clear he was a playful kid running from his past... and now he's a grizzled adult turning to face his demons. Looking forward to Capaldi!

also apparently they made some sort of ring that goes over capaldis wedding ring. so they wont be making some excuse as to why the doctor is wearing a wedding ring it will just be part of his costume.

(for those who dont know capaldi refuses to take off his weddding ring for jobs)

All they need to do is occasionally have someone notice and ask if he's married and have him look at them all confused or puzzled and say "No.." and carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More on this:http://www.warpedfactor.com/2014/03/...ith-peter.html It has a picture of this Time-Lordified ring. It actually adds on to his real wedding ring. It may just be a costume, but it's likely a good plot device for some episodes.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Great interview with Capaldi in the post up above. I'm glad that the tone will be a bit more somber and melancholy. Matt Smith fantastically portrayed The Doctor but it was ever-so-clear he was a playful kid running from his past... and now he's a grizzled adult turning to face his demons. Looking forward to Capaldi!
    Yup, even since 9th, Doctor has always been running away (and running). I've been waiting for the time he will no longer run since then.

Would love to see a situation where the companion asks something like "What should we do now ? Run ?" and to see his answer
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he running because of looking into the time vortex rather than because of the time war? Like he said some run, some are inspired and some go insane

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Isn't he running because of looking into the time vortex rather than because of the time war? Like he said some run, some are inspired and some go insane
    nah he just ran away because he was fed up with timelord society/his family was really weird

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman are interviewed in the upcoming issue of Empire and provide some thoughts on the new Doctor.

Capaldi said: “It can become a kind of franchise where it’s not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie… I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who.”

Expanding on his Doctor: “He’s more alien than he’s been for a while. He doesn’t quite understand human beings or really care very much about their approval.”

Jenna Coleman adds: “With Matt’s Doctor [Clara] felt quite safe, really. She knew she’d be caught if she was in danger, but this guy is a lot less human-friendly and a lot less patient. He’s more removed and accessible. You can’t quite access him in the same way.”

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldis-doctor-more-alien-less-human-friendly-64917.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, the more I hear about this season the more excited I become... I really can't wait.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Awesome, the more I hear about this season the more excited I become... I really can't wait.
    Same for me... though I have to admit this pic of Clara holding chains helped a bit for the excitement.

Sorry.

I'm out.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Jenna Coleman adds: “With Matt’s Doctor [Clara] felt quite safe, really. She knew she’d be caught if she was in danger, but this guy is a lot less human-friendly and a lot less patient. He’s more removed and accessible. You can’t quite access him in the same way.”
    I wonder if we're edging closer and closer to 6th/7th Doctor territory, where companions would be actively afraid of the Doctor.
    Last edited by Khime; 2014-07-29 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I wonder if we're edging closer and closer to 6th/7th Doctor territory, where companions would be actively afraid of the Doctor.
    The seventh never instilled fear in his companions that I recall. Annoyance, irritation, frustration, sure, but not fear. Ace and the Doctor got on fantastically, and Mel just ran around being Mel (aka screaming a lot).

Sixth Doctor for sure, Peri was terrified of him (given that he tried to kill her) and he was very harsh and arrogant. Going from the very compassionate and soft-spoken (fifth) Doctor to a deranged egomaniac certainly contributed to that fear. Eventually they got on well, though that required Peri being pretty much subservient and obedient to the Doctor's will.

From what I've read, I'm getting a 1/3/6 feeling from the Doctor's persona, which is great, and what I've wanted for some time now. A more alien, detached, Doctor; a Time Lord, not a lovable rogue.

The episode plot descriptions sound iffy, but it's all in the delivery. If you were to describe the majority of Doctor Who episodes with one line they'd all sound pretty bad. I still want a wholly new creative team though but that's not going to happen any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"