Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have just stayed old

Deleted
    Ugh she's still here? le sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg... Fucking Moffat.

Was a great christmas special, up until the clearly hastily rewritten ending where she's not old anymore and we're stuck with her for another half season at least.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Id like the episode - Santa - and I like that Clara stays!More rage and tears to feed on next year ;D

As if the manic rush to the TARDIS at the end wasn't enough, "THE DOCTOR AND CLARA RETURN" was plastered on the screen so everyone knows Clara is coming back. I hope she gets more development but also IS NOT the center of the damn show any more. The Doctor should be the main character.

This episode was an Alien / Inception crossover into Doctor Who. I liked it okay; I figured out most of it pretty quickly as soon as the word dream was spoken. Didnt like the fake ending with old Clara. Also, are we really intended to believe that out of seven billion people on Earth, the Doctor and Clara were both targeted by the crabs? I guess I'll just go with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    As if the manic rush to the TARDIS at the end wasn't enough, "THE DOCTOR AND CLARA RETURN" was plastered on the screen so everyone knows Clara is coming back. I hope she gets more development but also IS NOT the center of the damn show any more. The Doctor should be the main character.

This episode was an Alien / Inception crossover into Doctor Who. I liked it okay; I figured out most of it pretty quickly as soon as the word dream was spoken. Didnt like the fake ending with old Clara. Also, are we really intended to believe that out of seven billion people on Earth, the Doctor and Clara were both targeted by the crabs? I guess I'll just go with it.
    They did say after getting Clara the thing seeked him out or something because they were linked.

I pretty much figured it out after that guy was eating the piece of chicken. I wish they just kept Clara old, but eh. What I really wanted to happen was that Clara ended up dreaming the Doctor and the Doctor was never there to begin with, the Doctor took the reigns of the slay and Santa disappears because she believes in the doctor, not Santa, then she realizes that he was never there the whole time and was her 'Santa' because all other other people in the dream believed in Santa and she didn't.

I liked that dancerish girl, maybe a possible future companion?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Too complicated. She forgave her BF
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Same she was great in fresh meat and REALLY amazing in Glue (tbh everyone is amazing in Glue, if you haven't already you need to watch it.)

Sadly whoever we get as a companion... It seems it won't be for a while

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Same she was great in fresh meat and REALLY amazing in Glue (tbh everyone is amazing in Glue, if you haven't already you need to watch it.)

Sadly whoever we get as a companion... It seems it won't be for a while
    Hopefully we'll get another secondary companion like Rory. I mean Clara was supposed to be out of S9 until Coleman changed her mind at the last second - so logically some other companion was planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Hopefully we'll get another secondary companion like Rory. I mean Clara was supposed to be out of S9 until Coleman changed her mind at the last second - so logically some other companion was planned.
    That's an excellent point. They're filming next month so they must at least have a basic outline for the episode and even though Jenna pussied out and didn't leave like she was meant to they could still run the episodes, just with a little extra Jenna.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Doctor Who Magazine Issue 481, Steven Moffat stated that Orson was a lateral descendant of Danny's. He said that Clara got in touch with Danny's relatives after his death, told them of his sacrifice and gave them Dan the Soldier Man.
    oh guess danny won't be coming back then

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    oh guess danny won't be coming back then
    i dont know where you got that, but he didnt say that. he said thats ONE OF the possibilities of where he came from.

he never ruled out danny returning in the future, in fact with clara staying its almost guaranteed he will be back at some point now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know where you got that, but he didnt say that. he said thats ONE OF the possibilities of where he came from.

he never ruled out danny returning in the future, in fact with clara staying its almost guaranteed he will be back at some point now
    How so? At most Orson might make a reappearance. But I think Dany is probably dead for good. Which is a shame, his interactions with the Doctor had so much interesting potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    How so? At most Orson might make a reappearance. But I think Dany is probably dead for good. Which is a shame, his interactions with the Doctor had so much interesting potential.
    the fact that he was on the other side of some sort of portal instead of actually dead
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the fact that he was on the other side of some sort of portal instead of actually dead
    Well I don't really know what was going on with that. Isn't every dead person on the other side of that portal? Establishing it as a one time event stopped the story implications of anyone potentially being able to be bought back. Resurrecting Dany would reopen those floodgates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg, Moffat has revealed that Clara will be the companion for all of season 9

Add in him saying that now they've "Shocked" us with how dark the new Doctor is, he feels they can tone it down a little and not be so in your face with it for the next season and pretty much all my hopes for season 9 have been dashed...

Potential spoilers ahead!

I still do hope that Doctor finds a way to bring Danny back..
    Like.. Come on, how many times can Clara loose him?
    He died while talking to her through the phone. Came back as Cybermen and she had to 'kill' him, by killing his emotions. He then died saving the world. SHe was told he can come back, just to sacrifice himself for some kid (taking hope from Clara again).. Now she dreamed him and their happy life - just to loose it again? That's getting to a point of just plain cruelty for the character >.>'

Although I would understand if this xmas special was a "good bye" from Clara to Danny, even though I do hope it's not their final farewell...

Especially with Doctor's "2nd chances that he never gets"..
    S9 -wrap up Clara/Danny story, let them be together and let her leave the Tardis forever (after the duo travel a bit, like Ponds?:P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

No. Danny should stay dead especially now that we have confirmation from Moffat himself that Orson is not a direct descendant of Danny/Clara. That story is done and served it's purpose, now let's focus on the actual story that Clara's a part of - Finding Gallifrey.

Deleted
    If Clara is just a well-behaved side-kick I think I can cope with another year of her.

Deleted
    Loved the episode, it was great. Thought it was going to end with Clara as an old lady, would have been a great ending and brilliant send off for Clara, but then they went and ruined it. Didn't like the ending!