Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    *snip*
    Yep. That's totally what happened. Welcome to MMO-C. I wish you the same growth I had, because it feels so much better not being angry all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nope nope nope missy 4eva
    I love her, but it will get old. She' not the Doctor and this isn't Master Who unfortunately. I say *final* because it would either actually happen and be incredibly astounding or *final* to mean not for 4-5 seasons sorta like Simm.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    More crap, BBC forever ruining my childhood memories (not that Dr Who was actually good back then, but I was a kid and didn't know any better).

I hope they just cancel Dr Who, as my childhood forces me to watch it lol.

Jesus Christ...

OMG huge spoiler... Not. They do this crap far too much, omg so and so died. Oh wait, they're not dead, it's so predictable.
    sorry, still cant hear you, awesomness too loud

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, still cant hear you, awesomness too loud

That's Capaldi on guitar and lead vocals. Craig Ferguson on drums. Not joking. Old punk band called the Dreamboys. They're actually pretty good. But yeah, Capaldi was really playing guitar in that episode. As a musician, I could tell right away b/c rhythm is always wrong not to mention they look like they're 'hacking' the guitar. Some of the notes in the final audio recording were a bit off compared to the visual, so obviously he did a couple of takes, but it was him.
    BAD WOLF

A few questions that come to mind that haven't been covered:

1) Why show the Shadow Proclamation/Karn? Do you think they'll have storylines this series?

2) Do you think the show will be meta enough for the Doctor to acknowledge the gun he's holding at the end of the episode is actually a toy? That people can buy? That would be kind of hilarious, I think.

3) Is there any possible way Clara's leaving the show involves her dying, and her dying is connected to this episode/this new companionship with Missy? I can easily see the Doctor being separated from Missy/Clara for awhile, and Missy enjoys having Clara around as her "puppy" (as described in the beginning of the episode), but then she becomes as psychotic as usual, and tries to get back to the Doctor using Clara somehow, and basically just throws Clara away? Mmmm, that's how I'd write it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some extra thought on the last episode. The effects looked rather poor. The big snake just looked fake, and the scene with the hands un the ground wide shot with the wind you can totally tell that the hands are not there, they are transparent.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Some extra thought on the last episode. The effects looked rather poor. The big snake just looked fake, and the scene with the hands un the ground wide shot with the wind you can totally tell that the hands are not there, they are transparent.
    Welcome to Doctor Who, new around here I guess?
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

That's Capaldi on guitar and lead vocals. Craig Ferguson on drums. Not joking. Old punk band called the Dreamboys. They're actually pretty good. But yeah, Capaldi was really playing guitar in that episode. As a musician, I could tell right away b/c rhythm is always wrong not to mention they look like they're 'hacking' the guitar. Some of the notes in the final audio recording were a bit off compared to the visual, so obviously he did a couple of takes, but it was him.
    Now I want to download this song but I can't find it ;S

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A few questions that come to mind that haven't been covered:

1) Why show the Shadow Proclamation/Karn? Do you think they'll have storylines this series?

2) Do you think the show will be meta enough for the Doctor to acknowledge the gun he's holding at the end of the episode is actually a toy? That people can buy? That would be kind of hilarious, I think.

3) Is there any possible way Clara's leaving the show involves her dying, and her dying is connected to this episode/this new companionship with Missy? I can easily see the Doctor being separated from Missy/Clara for awhile, and Missy enjoys having Clara around as her "puppy" (as described in the beginning of the episode), but then she becomes as psychotic as usual, and tries to get back to the Doctor using Clara somehow, and basically just throws Clara away? Mmmm, that's how I'd write it.
    I think it was just easter eggs for longtime fans. i dont see how the sisters of karn can play much of a role outside of maybe some time lordery involving the doctors will. the shadow proclamation kind of polices the universe i think but the papal mainframe also does this. personally if they do a shadow proclamation episode id like to see the shadow proclamation fight the papal mainframe. would be a good excuse to bring tasha lem back. would be even more fun if we can see tasha lem and missy interact. id also like to see missy interact with river song... basically i want missy to fight all the doctors girlfriends

from the trailers i dont think missy is in every episode, she might only be in the first two, and we know clara is in most of them, and this series is supposed to be clara and the doctors last hoorah. he convinces her to come back with him and they go full on into adventuring. which leads into her departure with hopefully dire consequences just like what happened to amy and rory when he convinced them to keep traveling.

I wonder if something from clara and the doctors interactions will end up being somewhat prophetic. like 11 trying to stop amy and rory from travelling because he doesnt want to stand over their graves only for it to end exactly as he said.

In orient express clara mentioned it being an addiction, and claras played doctor a few times. the only thing i can think of is her basically becoming the doctor or trying to do something he would do only shes human and cant regenerate. killed by her own arrogance or turned evil.

and now i just have the image of clara trying that stunt on the daleks

"clara doesnt exist, im the doctor"

"DALEK DNA SCANS SAY YOU ARE HUMAN! YOU HAVE ONE HEART! YOU HAVE NO BIOLOGICAL REMNANTS OF GALLIFREY YOU ARE NOT THE DOCTOR"

"ah but i was foolin-"

"EXTERMINATE"

~roll credits~

maybe thats how she became a dalek. she wanted to go adventuring, no doctor, no good, no getting out of her mess

- - - Updated - - -

i knew craigy ferg had been in a band but i had no idea it was with capaldi. this is amazing.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

[video=youtube;9P7e3PMear0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P7e3PMear0[video]

Yeah they kicked about Paisley and Glasgow for a bit, then just kinda stopped. My dad's roughly of his generation and although he didn't see them personally as far as I can recall (might be wrong), he knew people who did and they were apparently amazing live, like, could have made a career out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I hope so. Ever since they started quoting their conventions in the revival, I've been looking forward to actually seeing them. Even if they don't I guess I still got to see them :P
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-09-22 at 08:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Welcome to Doctor Who, new around here I guess?
    No? You new around here? Last season effects looked much better to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    i knew craigy ferg had been in a band but i had no idea it was with capaldi. this is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Yeah they kicked about Paisley and Glasgow for a bit, then just kinda stopped. My dad's roughly of his generation and although he didn't see them personally as far as I can recall (might be wrong), he knew people who did and they were apparently amazing live, like, could have made a career out of it
    I had seen that info floating around before, but never paid too much attention to it. I did listen to the entire run through their songs and it's no wonder people thought they could have been big. They would have been a very influential band in the punk scene at that time. They are very good. Just from those tracks I can agree they would have had a nice career, but then we wouldn't have had either of them becoming actors and I rather like the work they've done so I can live.

I was really surprised how much I liked the tracks in that video I linked though. It is pretty good stuff.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I hope so. Ever since they started quoting their conventions in the revival, I've been looking forward to actually seeing them. Even if they don't I guess I still got to see them :P
    See them again, I assume you mean; this is the second time we've visited the Shadow Proclamation in NewWho.

you mean there werent actual hands with eyeballs that grabbed people and pulled them under??!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    See them again, I assume you mean; this is the second time we've visited the Shadow Proclamation in NewWho.
    Yup, indeed I did. I actually could barely remember the Stolen Earth episode >< Time to rewatch everything post-eccleston!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    you mean there werent actual hands with eyeballs that grabbed people and pulled them under??!?!?!
    I just don't know why they did not put as much effort into the wide angle as much as they did in the close up. Is the hand things new in the Who or is to from classic?

10+ Year Old Account
    They always do in Dr Who.

It's a slight improvement from the 80s however.

Deleted
    I disliked the last series because even though I liked Capaldi's performance, that alone couldn't make up for the bad writing and storylines of a lot of the episodes. And it seemed like his portrayal of a darker version of the character (than 10 and 11 at least) was clashing with the writers, almost as if they were trying to pull him back to Tennant's preachy bullshit from the get go.

So far, it seems like more of the same to me. Good performances from Capaldi, Gomez and Julian Bleach, but I thought the episode was pretty weak overall. Most of it was spend arsing around and throwing in past stuff for fanservice. The first and last 5 minutes might as well have been the whole episode.

Deleted
    Clip from Saturday's episode : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0338dqk

10+ Year Old Account
    ddaammnn... Looks pretty hard core. Can't wait!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I don't like this doctor, I'm too used to having an young, funny doctor.
    This doctor is way too serious and dark. Maybe fans of the old series dig that.