Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Well.. that WAS an episode, I was NOT expecting it to end like that :O I can't wait for the final 2 episodes..
    Although, just for argument sake
    Why couldn't they save Clara? Why couldn't Doctor take the tatoo, die and regenerate? Or force Ashildr to take it.. She can't die, after all, she should just regenerate back?

Also, as for Miss C. I really doubt it's the final end of her.. She died 2 times on screen already, just to pop back in his life.. We sure will see her in one of the 2 remaining episodes.. At least that's what my guts tell me..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, trying to stay as spoiler free as possible is proving very satisfying for me. Hard, but it's much more enjoyable to watch this season without checing leaks and spoilers.. i can't wait for the season end :O

- - - Updated - - -

As for the episode itself, I love how it, connected to Flatline. Both by Rigsy's character and general theme of the episode. In both Clara wanted/was the Doctor. In Flatline she succeded in outsmarting the enemy, used her 'rules of the Doctor' to justify what she was doing and pulled it off. But Doctor warned her, that, even though she was a exceptional doctor, she didn't do good. This time, she again, believed she is Doctor 2.0. She tried to outsmart the enemy, but this time reality bit her, and she paid her price.. She essentionally overstepped her role, as so many people on this forums (and not only) have been expressing for quite some time.. And she died.

It also goes way back to her origin story, as a girl who dies, even though Doctor tries to save her.. So maybe it is the end of Clara Oswald?
    Still sad though, I still hoped she would get to live a life with Danny somehow :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Only thing i have to say about this episode is Yay finally and also a nice little quote that works very well for this episode that kept running in my head as i was watching was

madame kovarian - "What have you heard dorium"
    dorium maldovar - " That you pricked the side of a mighty beast Madame kovarian and entirely failed to run"

i want The Doctor to soooooo rain hell down on her and her shitty attitude :P

Quote Originally Posted by cylerco View Post
    i want The Doctor to soooooo rain hell down on her and her shitty attitude :P
    Family of Blood style? ;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Family of Blood style? ;]
    Family of blood deserves it's own little award because it was done in a way that so beyond what anyone thought would happen :P

But with this one is just like . . . you had 2 chances to do something good with the gift i gave you Now i will show you why there are stories of me being brutal . . . enjoy the time you have left!

I have been waiting for moffat to kick the doctor back to his more angry self ever since David tennant's Waters of mars speech " There's only me now the laws of time are mine AND THEY WILL OBEY ME!"

I have this strange feeling that we are gonna be seeing a much darker doctor in S10 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Well.. that WAS an episode, I was NOT expecting it to end like that :O I can't wait for the final 2 episodes..
    Although, just for argument sake
    Why couldn't they save Clara? Why couldn't Doctor take the tatoo, die and regenerate? Or force Ashildr to take it.. She can't die, after all, she should just regenerate back?
    because it has to be willingly given, and she would not give it to someone else to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    because it has to be willingly given, and she would not give it to someone else to die.
    I am also assuming by the look on Me's face, that it may only be transferable once, otherwise she would not have been upset by it. Remember you cannot cheat death, it will take a life. So it must take the life or the next life, if you could just keep passing it around then that would be the definition of cheating death, as everyone taking turns would make sure to pass it along.

Deleted
    Clara better stay dead. If not, that is probably the end of me watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Yeah agreed but this really isn't the case of like amy and her pointless return in matt's regen at least clara's story is based on her being scattered on his timeline still i wont be mad if we see random versions of her down the line but if she comes back fully( which she wont) i will be upset

10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i disliked Clara i was a little sad at seeing her die. ALthough, her chest was very distracting in that kill shot.

I'm excited to see an angry doctor, and i really hope he unleashes a shitstorm on Arya Stark. and i really hope the new companion is awesome.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    as much as i disliked Clara i was a little sad at seeing her die. ALthough, her chest was very distracting in that kill shot.

I'm excited to see an angry doctor, and i really hope he unleashes a shitstorm on Arya Stark. and i really hope the new companion is awesome.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who appreciated that lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    At some point in tomorrow's episode, Clara will "Face the Raven" and we will see her no more.
    Fucking called it. Just saying... Posted this yesterday and look what happened today .

Decent episode overall, little strange, fairly Gaiman-esque, can't really complain...

Then finally after all this time Clara is ttooaassttttttt. What makes me laugh... She's faced down Zygons, Daleks, Cybermen, The Time War (although only very briefly) and even The Moment and in the end... It was her own overconfidence that finally killed her. She thought she was SSOOOOO clever, she thought that she could totally be the Doctor and even if she couldn't she thought the Doctor would save her... LoLnope. See ya later bitch.

Although I must say... At the end there... I did get a little emotional.

And then VERY scared. If I was Ashildr right now, I would be fucking RUNNING. I would never stop running...

Can't wait for next week's episode. This final two-parter needs to be the best finalé we've had yet, to cap off this fairly monstrous season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Was a bit worried after the terrible thing we saw last week, but everything in that episode was amazing, filming, acting, script, music, etc. (and yes, even Ashildr). It's like we suddenly went from the worst of Doctor Who 2005 to somewhere close to the top in just a week.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? ;_;

COME BACK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!

REVEEEEENNNNNNGEEEEEEE!!!!
    EXCEPT HE CAN'T EVEN, BECAUSE OF HER.

GAAH.

That was so good.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I am also assuming by the look on Me's face, that it may only be transferable once, otherwise she would not have been upset by it. Remember you cannot cheat death, it will take a life. So it must take the life or the next life, if you could just keep passing it around then that would be the definition of cheating death, as everyone taking turns would make sure to pass it along.
    They actually spell this out. Ashildr's made a deal with the wraith, and part of that deal was that a willing volunteer could take it on, or she, Ashildr, could end the death clock. When Clara took it over, she made a [I]new[/I] deal with the wraith, with no such exceptions, because she didn't know any better. They don't explicitly state this, but Ashildr was likely able to get that concession from the wraith in exchange for its security and uncontested right to hunt those whose clocks expire, as it was serving as the street's executioner.

That all said, it felt kind of shoehorned to me. Enough so that I expect Clara to "get better" by the finale, even if the Doctor realizes she's way too risk-oriented to keep letting her tag along.

Good episode but it didn't do much to alleviate my disliking of Maisie Williams or my borderline hatred of Ashildir. I didn't mind Clara though so I'm probably out of step with the majority of fans :P

I don't know about you guys on this one but i wasn't a huge fan of rigsy in Flatline like at all and when people were saying he might be the companion i was like HECK NO but after this one . . . idk i kind of like him now not sure why but he has grown on me ( since he picked up on clara's omg im the doctor crap like really fast " she is enjoying that too much")

Also i couldn't stop laughing at ashildr's face when he told her " The universe can be quite small when im angry with you" she just nods and is basically thinking yes sir yes sir 3 bags full^_^. i think after he yelled at her she kind of figured oh crap this is the one person who can actually kill me.

I agree it was kind of shoehorned in. As far as I can tell, the general agreement (as seen with the man and his wife whose clock runs out at the beginning of the episode) is that you can pass it to a willing participant, but only once, and once you pass it, that's it. It's non-transferable after that. That being said, a "get out of jail but only once" caveat is kind of silly in this sort of world where everything is able to be revised.

Clara was counting on Me to not be able to harm her because of her promise, but in reality, it was a contract with the Raven, and not Me, so yeah. Too clever by half. Serves her right, she's been reckless far too long.

I'm actually curious who Me's trap was set for. She kept saying "they" this, and "they" that, so it's probably not Missy.....maybe Gallifrey finally shows up again? I think they'd be interested in bringing the Doctor back into the fold, and also maybe even punish him a little. Requiring his disc seems like a bit convoluted for your standard enemy like the Daleks or Cybermen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Goodby to you then sir
    I somehow doubt this will be the last we saw of her....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm actually curious who Me's trap was set for. She kept saying "they" this, and "they" that, so it's probably not Missy.....maybe Gallifrey finally shows up again? I think they'd be interested in bringing the Doctor back into the fold, and also maybe even punish him a little. Requiring his disc seems like a bit convoluted for your standard enemy like the Daleks or Cybermen.
    Agree with this, doesn't look like Daleks/Cybermen or most "classic" enemies, seems much more vicious than their usual plans. Don't think it could be Missy either, she'd definitely have been there to see it happen (and comment at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by cylerco View Post
    Also i couldn't stop laughing at ashildr's face when he told her " The universe can be quite small when im angry with you" she just nods and is basically thinking yes sir yes sir 3 bags full^_^. i think after he yelled at her she kind of figured oh crap this is the one person who can actually kill me.
    I'd love to see her face if she could meet Jack too. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for her to change from her "queen" mindset to feeling insignificant/unremarkable. I mean, he spent more time chain-dying while buried under Cardiff than she spent living <- Torchwood spoiler if you haven't seen it (if you haven't, you should). She definitely need someone to put her back to her place (well, granted, The Doctor REALLY started to in the end of the episode).

And her story would make a really good reason to bring Jack back. He's definitely the expert in very-long-life-can't-die thingies.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    ALthough, her chest was very distracting in that kill shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one who appreciated that lol
    Signed 100%. Damned boobage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Goodby to you then sir
    I somehow doubt this will be the last we saw of her....
    Clara is dead, not likely the last we'll see of Jenna Coleman though