Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    We got a whole hour of Capaldi being awesome just to himself, what more do people want?
    A season of Capaldi being awesome
    And less of the Clara Who show. And none of the fuckin Clara Who with her companion Me in their own goddamn TARDIS. God I hope we just forget about that or retcon it out of the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Capaldi would be great, but if noone writes him anything good we won't ever know.

The antiwar speech was the greatest scene in Nuwho, but that was the only one for Capaldi. Matt had Stonehenge, Rings of Akathen, Good man goes to war, the decleration of war against the Silence and probably a lot more. But I couldn't choose any scene from Capaldi that gave me goosebumbs.
    I can think of better scenes than that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Those as well. The point is I can't think of any from Capaldi wich is a shame, because I think he could be great.
    And I think Matt's music was better as well.

Those as well. The point is I can't think of any from Capaldi wich is a shame, because I think he could be great.
    And I think Matt's music was better as well.
    Yeah, while I LOVE the visuals of Capaldi's intro - the horrible version of the themesong really ruins it. >_<

Deleted
    But I couldn't choose any scene from Capaldi that gave me goosebumbs.
    Flatline ("The man that stops the monsters"). This scene still gives me chill everytime I watch it.

Mummy in the Orient Express

And the speech at the end ("Sometimes the only choices you have are bad")

The Girl Who Died : face reveal scene, while short, also gives me massive goosebumps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    snip

The Girl Who Died : face reveal scene, while short, also gives me massive goosebumps.
    These are good as well, but I just don't get the goosebumbs like from Matt or Tennant. But that might be because of his music as well, because listening to I am the Doctor alone can usually do it for me without any speech.

I've gotta also say that Day of the Doctor would have to be my favorite episode.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah, while I LOVE the visuals of Capaldi's intro - the horrible version of the themesong really ruins it. >_<
    That is one of my biggest complaints is the music sucks and is anti climatic. When 11's theme dropped you knew shit was about to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post

Ughhhhhh this scene was one of the best ever imo. I only wish I was given a few more seconds of the regeneration to cry my eyes out. The snap into Capaldi took me out of the moment. I mean, I guess that's what they wanted, but I kinda wanted to dwell in the goodbye for a little longer.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Flatline ("The man that stops the monsters"). This scene still gives me chill everytime I watch it.

Mummy in the Orient Express

And the speech at the end ("Sometimes the only choices you have are bad")

They dont do anything for me especially the 1st one with Clara trying to be the Doctor.

I am the doctor was awesome but whenever it came on it got to the point you instantly knew "okay, hes bout to do a thing or say a whatsit and win"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

While Matt Smith's theme was fantastic, I think Capaldi's is absolutely great too. They fit the spirit of both incarnations of the Doctor perfectly, with Smith's being a little more upbeat and adventurous, while Capaldi's is more intense and powerful. But both have that dramatic "save the day" energy to them that lends itself so well to punctuating a climactic moment. Eccleston and Tennant's themes weren't very distinct by comparison and tended to blend together with the rest of the soundtrack, and neither of them felt like they reflected those incarnations of the Doctor particularly well, at least not to me.

(the memorable part starts at around 2:10)

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I am the doctor was awesome but whenever it came on it got to the point you instantly knew "okay, hes bout to do a thing or say a whatsit and win"
    And thats why i loved it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know Capaldi had a theme. To me that's a complete failure of a repetitive musical score. I knew Tennant's/Rose's (b/c let's be honest woooeeeooeooo bad wolf totes rose feels) and Smith's was like getting a kick in the pants with awesome sauce. In any case, it's beautiful to listen to...like...phenomenally beautiful, but I can't even remember hearing it at any point in this season.

Even the 'batman portion' which should be recognizable any time it is used...just escapes me. Did they use new sound mixing this season or just not use this theme a lot? I don't know. The music definitely doesn't fit the character at all to me. It doesn't evoke Capaldi's Doctor at all. It just sounds like really great, if not generic movie scoring. This could be the trailer to independence day or the new Mirror's Edge, it wouldn't make a difference. Whereas Smith's theme screamed Doctor Who from start to finish.

Ehh *shrug* it's not like the theme makes or breaks anything for me. I like changing things up, it's what keeps the show fresh. They just need some better writing to pick up these last two seasons. Capaldi deserves better.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I like Capaldi's theme, I think it's very memorable. It's not as good as I Am The Doctor, but that theme really doesn't fit 12. It's light, fun, adventurous. 12 needed something more serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baker, Tom not Colin, will always be my favorite Doctor. It was who was playing the part when I first started watching it and will always be the Doctor in my mind. Smith never really grew on me. Tennant did though and is in second place for me. Previously the rest kind of jostled about for third place. However, lately, Capaldi has really grown on me. Even with the, in my opinion, less than stellar scripts he's been handed. He's pretty much pushed the blob into fourth place and securely taken third.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like Smith's score...but every time I heard it I knew that the problem was fixing to be over.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I like Smith's score...but every time I heard it I knew that the problem was fixing to be over.
    This never bothered me because you can usually tell anyway from the time. The only exception is two parters.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    People say that a lot like it's a bad thing, but if we are honest with ourselves that's just what the modern Doctor does. Like, always. Even the Clara 'failure' couldn't last more than an episode before she's right back like nothing ever happened. I think people like to associate Smith with that b/c he had the catchiest jingle when it happened lol.

Personally I watch Doctor Who to watch him be cleverer than everyone else and save the day. Sure he'll have setbacks, but he's a superhero for me. I don't want to spend lots of time watching him suck at everything.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    People say that a lot like it's a bad thing, but if we are honest with ourselves that's just what the modern Doctor does. Like, always. Even the Clara 'failure' couldn't last more than an episode before she's right back like nothing ever happened. I think people like to associate Smith with that b/c he had the catchiest jingle when it happened lol.

Personally I watch Doctor Who to watch him be cleverer than everyone else and save the day. Sure he'll have setbacks, but he's a superhero for me. I don't want to spend lots of time watching him suck at everything.
    while thats true, i feel like having a huge swell of music is a bit much, dont get me wrong theres plenty of episodes where that theme comes on and you're like FUCK YEAH @_@ but theres other episodes where that didnt work. i just feel they overused it alot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552