Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Michelle Gomez confirms Missy is returning to ‘Doctor Who’ next season

Doctor Who actress Michelle Gomez has announced that she’ll be back as Missy in Season 10.

The Scottish actress revealed the news at MegaCon in Orlando over the weekend.

She also said that she wants Missy to kiss Captain Jack – something we’re sure John Barrowman would be up for.

Gomez made her debut as Missy, a female incarnation of the Master, in 2014 and reappeared in last season’s opening two-part story, ‘The Magician’s Apprentice’ and ‘The Witch’s Familiar’.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headli...-to-doctor-who
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/michell...s-10-80664.htm

Aaaww yesss !

10+ Year Old Account
    Nnniiiiiicccceeeeeeee! She's awesome as Missy, and we left it all a bit up in the air, so I, glad we'll be seeing more of her.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "So there’ll be somebody else – a different, guest companion – this Christmas, like how River Song played the companion role in last year’s special.”
    Jack and Missy shipping this Christmas. There may or may not be mistletoe involved.

first thing i spent my money on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Michelle Gomez confirms Missy is returning to ‘Doctor Who’ next season
    muh waifu

/excite
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I came across this on Imgur, thought to share it here.

Enjoy!

Peter Capaldi has revealed he has filmed ‘something’ new concerning former companion Clara Oswald.

Speaking at a recent Awesome Con panel he teases: “I’m not sure how successfully Clara was able to wipe his mind. In fact I just did a… I was about to tell you something I can’t tell you.”

He adds: “I just shot something that Clara was still there in…”

However given that Capaldi has not yet started filming Doctor Who, it seems he was probably talking about his rumoured appearance in spin-off Class where -- potential spoiler:
    The Doctor returns to Coal Hill School and sees a memorial wall dedicated to Clara, triggering his memory of her briefly.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... Really not sure about Class. If the Doctor cameo rumours prove to be true, outside of a quick showing in the pilot and finalè, I mig stick around.

But honestly the description of the show leaves me cold.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We could never see Clara again and it would still be too soon.
    BAD WOLF

Isnt it about time the Doctor had an actual alien as an companion? i mean FFS why are we getting another human from london in our timeframe as a companion?

I want a real alien not some humanoid like Adric or Nyssa i mean a real balls to the wall alien. Its not like the doctor can fuck up our history cause he has been doing that since Hartnell. I want to see some real changes not the same old millennial cockney girl from the year 2016 but a real alien who the doctor can teach and learn. And dont tell me that a alien would cause alarm cause they must be so used to it cause Earth has been invaded by aliens so many fucking times that its unreal! Or maybe the Doctor can avoid going to earth altogether for a season GASP!
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-06-12 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is budget. Sure they probably could afford to have an alien companion.

But in so doing that would cut money from the budget for villains and locations.

So the question you need to ask yourself: do you want an alien companion that helps the doctor fight humans on earth.... Or do you want a human companion that goes with the Doctor to strange places and meet weird races?

Also, from a storytelling angle, the companion is meant to be our proxy in the show. The reason they're always human millenials is because that is probably the target audience for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The problem with that is budget. Sure they probably could afford to have an alien companion.

But in so doing that would cut money from the budget for villains and locations.

So the question you need to ask yourself: do you want an alien companion that helps the doctor fight humans on earth.... Or do you want a human companion that goes with the Doctor to strange places and meet weird races?

Also, from a storytelling angle, the companion is meant to be our proxy in the show. The reason they're always human millenials is because that is probably the target audience for the show.
    I know the companion will have to be somewhat humaniod cause of the poor actor/actress that will have to play it but in the whole of doctor who history he has never gone around with an actual alien. I know adric, Nyssa, Turlough was aliens but they was all human looking. Now sure the alien doesnt have to look like the blob but damn if Star Trek could get away with sticking some forehead bumps on a actor and calling it a alien iam sure Dr Who could get away with it too!

That whole we need a human as a proxy has been so played out that its just positively boring now.
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-06-13 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could yes... But they don't want too.

Out of interest, would you be okay with an alien that looked like a person most of the time, but then when needed could "unleash" their alien side/looks. When it was required for plot lines?

Deleted
    Some news about s10 :

Following his hilarious appearance in The Husbands of River Song, Matt Lucas returns to Doctor Who from the opening episode of series 10 which starts filming next week in Cardiff (Monday 20 June).

Commenting on his return to Doctor Who, Matt Lucas, said:

“I’m chuffed to bits that Nardole is returning to the TARDIS for some more adventures. I loved acting with Peter and I’m excited to work with Pearl.”

Bringing her energy and zest to the show, Pearl Mackie embarks on her first week of filming as she takes up the role of the Doctor’s companion. In her first major television role following her West End appearance in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, she’ll be bursting on to screens in the opening episode.

Steven Moffat, lead writer and Executive Producer, added:

“Delighted and slightly amazed to be welcoming Matt Lucas back on to the TARDIS - and this time it’s not just for Christmas, he’s sticking around. One of the greatest comedy talents on planet Earth is being unleashed on all of time and space.”

Stephanie Hyam will play a guest cast role in the new series and is recognised for her performance as Lily Clarke in Jekyll & Hyde. She’s also appeared in Peaky Blinders, Murdered by My Boyfriend, and Sherlock.

The opening episode of series 10 is written by Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat,executive produced by Brian Minchin, produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Lawrence Gough. The second episode in the new series has been crafted by award winning screenwriter Frank Cottrell-Boyce.

Block 2 writers are Sarah Dollard (writer of acclaimed episode Face the Raven) and Mike Bartlett (multi award winning Doctor Foster).

Doctor Who is a BBC Cymru Wales produced drama for BBC One. It will return in December 2016 with a Christmas Special, followed by the new series in 2017.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...e-cd0ad94b4a59

I really, really hope that Frank Cottrell-Boyce will make a better episode than "In the Forest of the Night"...

first thing i spent my money on

- - - Updated - - -

muh waifu

/excite
    They have a K-9 funko pop out now. I have to stop into gamestop and get one.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Some news about s10 :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...e-cd0ad94b4a59

I really, really hope that Frank Cottrell-Boyce will make a better episode than "In the Forest of the Night"...

I'm curious to see how they work him back in to the show, because the last we saw of him he had his head removed from his body and placed into a giant red robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not buying that the Mistress is the Master. It wouldn't surprise me if that's retconned by the new showrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm still not buying that the Mistress is the Master. It wouldn't surprise me if that's retconned by the new showrunner.
    i doubt that. maybe if it were someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt that. maybe if it were someone else.
    We'll see. I'm still hoping they'll wise up and reveal she's actually the Rani.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    We'll see. I'm still hoping they'll wise up and reveal she's actually the Rani.
    Why? So we can keep our gender bending to a minimum? B/c I mean, how dare such an important character do it! /s
    BAD WOLF

i just dont see the point of retconning missy.

the fans love her, i love her,

if she goes away ill cut a bitch @_@