Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

To be fair, Capaldi is a known entity in the acting world whereas Tennant and Smith weren't (at least not in the U.S.). Maybe it means they're going with a little known actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be. I'm still hoping for Kris Marshall. I think he'd be a good half way point between Tennant/Smith and Capaldi.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Shame his tenure on the show never really lived up to it :'(
    Agree there. I will say the last 4 or so episodes have been his best. But overall he's been pretty disappointing, or my expectations for him were high.

IMO they will go with a young actor and that will be the formula till the show ends.

Like i said the faster pace of the new show requires a younger actor than the slower pace that was the classic show.

I must admit i liked Capaldi alot and i genuinely am sad to see him go though i did wish he couldve toned down that strong accent of his.

Deleted
    it's 100% Christmas. I'm not even 100% sure they've finalised who is taking the role next... There is literally 0% chance they had the actor locked in in time to film the finale.
    #1 its not much to film for a regen
    #2 its rumored to be locked in whos the next who since ~6 weeks

It is possible the Dr will die next week after all didnt we see him at the start about to regenerate with him screaming NOO!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    It is possible the Dr will die next week after all didnt we see him at the start about to regenerate with him screaming NOO!!!
    if i had to guess we will see another glimpse of the death next week, but the death itself wont take place til the christmas special.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if i had to guess we will see another glimpse of the death next week, but the death itself wont take place til the christmas special.
    To be fair we saw that Tennant got his first start in a christmas episode so its not out of the bounds of impossibility.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    IMO they will go with a young actor and that will be the formula till the show ends.

Like i said the faster pace of the new show requires a younger actor than the slower pace that was the classic show.

I must admit i liked Capaldi alot and i genuinely am sad to see him go though i did wish he couldve toned down that strong accent of his.
    The accent was toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn22 View Post
    The accent was toned down.
    I saw his performance in 'In the thick of it' and i have to say you aint kidding!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be one hell of a twist!

As long as it's Kris Marshal...
    Please for the love of god no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Agree there. I will say the last 4 or so episodes have been his best. But overall he's been pretty disappointing, or my expectations for him were high.
    He's had moments of brilliance (Listen, Heaven Sent, World Enough & Time) but the writing has been all over the place, and it just feels like they've not really utilised his skills as well as they could have. I don't blame him, he's done the best he could with what he was given... But Moffat and Clara just killed his first couple of seasons, and one season without her wasn't enough to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    #1 its not much to film for a regen
    #2 its rumored to be locked in whos the next who since ~6 weeks
    It's been rumoured to be about 4 different people , I've not heard a real cast iron rumour for a while. Also: I know it takes a couple of hours to stick the new Doctor in the end of the regeneration sequence... But given what Moffat said before this season about it being a "Non Standard" regeneration, I can't help but think we'll see the start, but not the end. Also, seeing as how this Doctor was picked by the new Show Runner, I can't help but think that he'd want to be in charge of the introduction, so that he can set the character up the way he means to continue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Please for the love of god no...
    LoL, come on! You know he'd be great!

Check out Death in Paradise for a taster of what his style (could) be.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's writing the Christmas episode? if it's Steven then he's 100% not going to die until the end of the Christmas episode :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Moffat is writing it, Rachel Talalay is directing. Incidentally the same writer/director combination that the current two-parter has.
    They also worked on the two part finale from last year. They're a great combination, except the second episode of their team ups tend to be rather lackluster.

Deleted
    They also worked on the two part finale from last year.
    And the one from Season 8 too iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    And the one from Season 8 too iirc
    You are right. It seems that MoffatXTalalay are the official sponsors of disappointing finale two parters .

Fingers crossed they'll break the chain this year.

Deleted
    just got round to watching episodes 9, 10 and 11.

9 and 10 were pretty 'meh', not bad episodes, but not really great episodes either.

I started to sigh a bit during episode 10 where Bill tells the Romans she doesn't like men, but the reaction of the Romans actually made it a pretty funny scene. Though it does feel a bit like every other episode has a bit about Bill being a Women/Black/Lesbian, its not been too much in your face yet though, which is good.

11 was really good, but it would have been so much better if they didn't reveal so much in the trailers, that goes for this show as a whole really, not just this episode. It would have been a lot more interesting if we didn't know Simm would be turning up soon, and we didn't know what the villain was going to be each week. It would be have been cool to work out for ourselves that it was cybermen for example.

For the actual episode, i really loved the bit will Bill exploring the hospital and especially the bit where she finds out all the nurse did was turn down the volume on that patient, and then discovering that all the patients volumes have been turned down, that was a really great scene imo.
    Im a bit confused about this whole master/missy thing though if im honest, hopefully next episode clears it up?
    Also the cybermen look so cool with the half bandaged / half metal look, if cybermen keep that creepy face for a bit, i'll be happy. (edit: i've never watched old who, and i just found out this is what the cybermen use to look like, still hope they keep this appearance. )

Anyway, 11 was a great episode.

edit: not sure if im alone or if this is unpopular thought, but i kind of hope Bill stays a cyberman, as far as i know there has never been a case of the doctor reversing the 'upgrade' and turning a cyberman back into a human, i hope there isn't some lame magic thing the doctor does that turns Bill back
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-06-27 at 01:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, was a good episode, but I am afraid of the Moffat curse and he will fuck it up, which is stopping me from enjoying it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    What caused the tardis to malfunction on episode 9? Was that ever explained, did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well, was a good episode, but I am afraid of the Moffat curse and he will fuck it up, which is stopping me from enjoying it.
    Most two-parters written by Moffat still have both parts being good, despite the last two season finale two-parters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    What caused the tardis to malfunction on episode 9? Was that ever explained, did i miss something?
    I thought Nardole just accidentally touched something and was unable to navigate back himself.