Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Reading is hard:
    In a thread that is currently 580 pages long, it is unreasonable and foolish to expect anyone to have read every page... or even most of the pages... so don't be an ass.

As for your link, while it comes from the BBC, it doesn't confirm what you said in the post that I quoted you. So I'm still calling bullshit.

Deleted
    1 - Will the new writers do a good job?.
    They have already failed in that.... they did not get a women becuse the manus called for it. They did get a women becuse of political pressure.
    Sure if they are good, they can do good manus under the circumstances, but they did start out on the wrong foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    In a thread that is currently 580 pages long, it is unreasonable and foolish to expect anyone to have read every page... or even most of the pages... so don't be an ass.

As for your link, while it comes from the BBC, it doesn't confirm what you said in the post that I quoted you. So I'm still calling bullshit.
    Don't be an idiot.

POST NUMBER: #11579:
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "Of course. (I thought I’d said that I was disappointed that it didn’t happen this time, and that there are some amazing actors out there. I was rather disappointed that Paterson Joseph didn’t get it last time, although I’ve loved Matt’s Eleven.) And yes, I have no doubt there will be. (I know one black actor who was already offered the part of the Doctor, and who turned it down.) Just as there will be a female Doctor."
    POST NUMBER: #11580:
    I call bullshit on that. What was said black actor's name?
    Seriously, not reading the immediately preceding post before ranting? Get over yourself.

Furthermore, here's Paterson Joseph trying for #11 AND 13:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/will...terson-joseph/

Its almost like there's this thing called the internet where you can look up shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    They have already failed in that.... they did not get a women becuse the manus called for it. They did get a women becuse of political pressure.
    Sure if they are good, they can do good manus under the circumstances, but they did start out on the wrong foot.
    Post proof of political pressure or shut the fuck up. She'll be good. Or she won't. We won't know till Christmas. In the mean time lighten up, not everything is a conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be an idiot.
    Take your own advice. That article you linked from the BBC was all rumor and conjecture.

Take your own advice. That article you linked from the BBC was all rumor and conjecture.
    I'll take Neil Gaimen's and the BBC's word over yours. Its almost like they have access to Who production staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take Neil Gaimen's and the BBC's word over yours. Its almost like they have access to Who production staff.
    Perhaps you could point out to me in that article you linked where Neil Gaimen (who has nothing to do with casting anyway) and anyone named at BBC actually corroborated your story that the reason Matt Smith got the part was because a black actor turned it down first. If memory serves, the article came right out and said this was all speculation and rumor.

Perhaps you could point out to me in that article you linked where Neil Gaimen (who has nothing to do with casting anyway) and anyone named at BBC actually corroborated your story that the reason Matt Smith got the part was because a black actor turned it down first. If memory serves, the article came right out and said this was all speculation and rumor.
    Immitis pointed out the Neil Gaiman thing. In any case, both Neil Gaiman and the BBC have contacts with the production staff for reasons that should be obvious.

Since things have to be spelled out for you, we'll use the website called "Google". You use it to find things. Like this:
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ack-doctor-who

Granted Steven Moffat might be full of shit because I am posting a Fake News website using the words from some nobody who has minimal contact with Dr. Who production.

Deleted
    I call bullshit on anyone who claims there was a casting for 13th. Chibnelle went with the actress because he knows here.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-07-30 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immitis pointed out the Neil Gaiman thing. In any case, both Neil Gaiman and the BBC have contacts with the production staff for reasons that should be obvious.
    Ah yes, the ever-present, ever-mysterious "contacts." Spooky!

Since things have to be spelled out for you, we'll use the website called "Google". You use it to find things. Like this:
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ack-doctor-who

Granted Steven Moffat might be full of shit because I am posting a Fake News website using the words from some nobody who has minimal contact with Dr. Who production.
    Oh he's definitely full of shit. Sounds like some revisionist history on his part to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally agree with Peter Davison's take on the concept of a female Doctor as well...

I call bullshit on that. What was said black actor's name?
    gaiman would not say the name of the actor because the actor is a close friend of his and told him in private. for whatever reason a deal couldnt be made.

it was most likely baron mordo

hes a close friend of gaimans, and he was in the front running during the 11th doctor rumors
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    But nobody knows for sure.

Personally, I would have been fine with any of the black actors mentioned in the aforementioned article.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I call bullshit on anyone who claims there was a casting for 13th. Chibnelle went with the actress because he knows here.
    except when they announced her he said it was her audition that won him over. he did ask her to audition for it but theres no inclination or evidence that they didnt audition other people, even if that was who he wanted, even when capaldi was moffats main pick they auditioned other actors incase a deal couldnt be worked out, they ALWAYS audition multiple people otherwise if someone dies or gets hurt or changes their minds before a contract is signed they dont have to start over.

russel tovey was also almost the 11th doctor

rtd gave him an audition but didnt get the part

- - - Updated - - -

ben daniels auditioned for the 12th doctor and production told him from the get go that someone was ahead of him but if it fell through he would get the part

Actor Ben Daniels has revealed to Digital Spy that he was under consideration to play the 12th Doctor.

He told the site: “It was more than rumour. I was approached and asked if it was something I’d be interested in doing. Apparently, usually when it’s announced that the [old] Doctor is leaving, the new Doctor’s already firmly in place. But a BBC email had apparently been leaked, talking about Matt Smith’s departure or something, so they had to announce it officially much sooner than they’d have liked.

“I don’t know whether my name was also on that e-mail as was stated in lots of those rumours, but I was one of the names on one of their many lists they had as a possible replacement.

“So I was asked, and when I eventually managed to peel myself off the ceiling, I said, ‘Yeah, of course it’d be something I’d be interested in doing,’ and I was hugely excited by it.

“I was a huge fan of the show as a kid, like we all were really. My era was Jon Pertwee into Tom Baker and then also when it returned, penned thrillingly by the amazing Russell T Davies with Christopher Eccleston. To be thrown into that mix as a possibility was fantastic.

“But I also knew from the outset that there was a name ahead of my own on that list that they were very interested in. So after that initial conversation that I had with them, it was just a waiting game.

“I was consumed by the idea, even though I was heavily involved filming The Paradise at the time – often I’d call my agent and make them call Doctor Who and ask if it’d gone away as a possibility.

“It was just so I could stop thinking about it, but then my agent would call me back and say, ‘No, you’re still on the list’. This went on for a couple of months.

“So I had a good two months to really think about the ramifications of… not being able to go to the local pub and so on. I sort of live in the middle of three schools, so it was like, ‘OK, maybe I’d have to move’.

“I think a lot of actors have no interest in doing that, but the Doctor is a fantastic character and… if you want to, there’s a huge scope for an actor to really sink your teeth into. It’d be an absolute privilege.

“Then – I think it was about two weeks before that live reveal event – I was told that their shortlist had got much shorter! But it didn’t mean I wouldn’t come back into the frame.

“So I took that to mean the deal was being done with whoever was the frontrunner and if it all fell through, then those of us who were trailing behind would be in with a chance.

“After that, all communications went into lock-down infuriatingly, but I suppose they have to, so nothing leaked. I found out about that BBC live reveal programme a couple of days before it [aired].

“It was a really exciting couple-and-a-half months. I was thoroughly entertained reading all those daily rumours online – first I was cast, then I’d filmed, then I had to pull out for personal reasons! All of which had no basis whatsoever in reality, but they’d obviously latched onto something and I don’t know where that all initially started. You never know with all those rumours.”

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/ben-dan...ctor-54069.htm
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I always like to think that if Chiwetel had gotten the part, he would have played the Doctor like a slightly kinder version of The Operative from Serenity. Could have been a LOT of fun.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiwetel was already too big a movie star to go back to the television grind at the time Smith was cast.

so, this is interesting, gallifreybase, considered to be one of the biggest doctor who forums has a poll

View Poll Results: On the casting of Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor

Thumbs Up 1,368 78.04%
    Thumbs Down 385 21.96%

i know not a huge amount of people but it shows that some of the most hardcore doctor who fans seem to like the casting

15+ Year Old Account
    so, this is interesting, gallifreybase, considered to be one of the biggest doctor who forums has a poll

View Poll Results: On the casting of Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor

Thumbs Up 1,368 78.04%
    Thumbs Down 385 21.96%

i know not a huge amount of people but it shows that some of the most hardcore doctor who fans seem to like the casting
    I just hope getting rid of Moffat makes the writing better.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't surprise me. It seems to be that the most vocal detractors AND supporters of the casting have been people who rarely, if ever, actually watch the show.

It's just people trying to score easy points and use the casting as a soapbox. The majority of actual fans that I know all think the same thing "Interesting casting, I can't really say anything till I've seen her debut though."

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I just hope getting rid of Moffat makes the writing better.
    Yeah, tbh I think this will be the more major change. As Capaldi sadly illustrated, it doesn't matter how good or bad the person playing The Doctor is, if the show runner is garbage.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take a moment to appreciate 50 years of the American Doctor Who.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take a moment to appreciate 50 years of the American Doctor Who.

I'm so confused..i don't even know anymore...

I would like susan to regenerate as a man and return to be his grandfather's companion