Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    So where you come from, when your Uncle tells you Zachary Quinto
    (and you know for a fact that has a schedule that wouldnt allow him any filming on the who sets or England at all)
    is going be in doctor who thats a rumor for you?
    Dude, he only said it was a rumor. The hell is your problem? Busy schedule or not, Jack could make an appearance. It's not impossible.

So where you come from, when your Uncle tells you Zachary Quinto
    (and you know for a fact that has a schedule that wouldnt allow him any filming on the who sets or England at all)
    is going be in doctor who thats a rumor for you?
    where john barrowman is now doesnt really mean fuck all dude. the new series has been filming for months and i dont know why you mentioned england. they have been filming in america, south africa and the majority of the time they film in Cardiff at bbc wales not england

- - - Updated - - -

filming for series 11 started november 2017. so saying "hes been x past couple weeks" when theres a span of almost a year where he couldve filmed something is kind of pointless
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Dude, he only said it was a rumor. The hell is your problem? Busy schedule or not, Jack could make an appearance. It's not impossible.
    And I said it wasnt a roumor but made up by him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    where john barrowman is now doesnt really mean fuck all dude. the new series has been filming for months and i dont know why you mentioned england. they have been filming in america, south africa and the majority of the time they film in Cardiff at bbc wales not england
    but it does - when Barrowman is nowhere NEAR where they film he can obviously NOT be in it right?
    but go on with your false claim ....

- - - Updated - - -

filming for series 11 started november 2017. so saying "hes been x past couple weeks" when theres a span of almost a year where he couldve filmed something is kind of pointless
    I know exactly when filming started and that is WHY I said it didnt fit barrowmans schedule for the last year.....

but it does - when Barrowman is nowhere NEAR where they film he can obviously NOT be in it right?
    but go on with your false claim ....

- - - Updated - - -

I know exactly when filming started and that is WHY I said it didnt fit barrowmans schedule for the last year.....
    No you said specifically past few weeks. Why would I say something is a rumour if I made it up?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    No, you said it wasn't possible and acted as if he was some kind of idiot. You are just an ass, and now you are desperately trying to justify it.

Deleted
    No you said specifically past few weeks. Why would I say something is a rumour if I made it up?
    so 51 weeks dont count for you? gotcha, just go one spreading your claims somewhere else please.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    No, you said it wasn't possible and acted as if he was some kind of idiot. You are just an ass, and now you are desperately trying to justify it.
    No I didnt acted as IF he was some kind of fool I pointed actually out that he is one by making up some claims that are not true.

Holy shit stop arguing about nonsense.

so 51 weeks dont count for you? gotcha, just go one spreading your claims somewhere else please.

No I didnt acted as IF he was some kind of fool I pointed actually out that he is one by making up some claims that are not true.
    Heard it here first folks, place to start doctor who rumours is mmochampion lol

Deleted
    Yes you did, the post is literally readable for everyone. You can't just lie to deny it. The proof is right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Tom Baker is the most iconic

My list

1. Tom Baker
    2. Patrick Troughton
    3. Jon Pertwee

I have seen every episode of Dr who including the ones that dont exist (TY audio department nerds who recorded every episode)

Without doubt Tom Baker is the most iconic though i will say Troughton and Pertwee share the stage for the best episodes of Who ever!
    Baker was fortunate, also, in having some really good, dark, episode material his first seasons on - stuff like brain of morbius or talons of weng chiang just wasn't done to that degree with Pertwee, or later after Mary Whitehouse & movement sorted the BBC out.

I started trying to watch the two doctors, and after they finally cut to colin, and 5 minutes of fishing, fishing discussion and jokes, I turned it off.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Baker was fortunate, also, in having some really good, dark, episode material his first seasons on - stuff like brain of morbius or talons of weng chiang just wasn't done to that degree with Pertwee, or later after Mary Whitehouse & movement sorted the BBC out.

I started trying to watch the two doctors, and after they finally cut to colin, and 5 minutes of fishing, fishing discussion and jokes, I turned it off.
    Doctor Who still struggles with its identity. Sometimes it seems like it wants to be a kids show and ruins the plot because the writers seem unwilling to go certain places. Then it turns around and does some very graphic gore unsuitable for kids. Always been a problem.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Teaser Trailer

after the horrible seasons with peter capaldi i gave up on this. especially the last season that went too sjw for my taste. changing the gender of the character isnt something that would bring me back to watching it sadly. i miss david tennant.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the leaked footage and I think she's going to be frakking fantastic. I don't think we have to worry about her run...it's what happens when she leaves. Are they now forced to have *insert agenda items here* as the next Doctor? If it goes back to being a white male will the show get trashed? Idk. Who cares though...going to be a fun bunch of episodes. I'm hoping female nerdom triples down on asking for this and supports it with more money than even Smith made the show.

My only concern is getting the show every year and not ever 2 years. Spend that money people.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    My only concern is getting the show every year and not ever 2 years. Spend that money people.
    I don't understand the BBC sometimes... They routinely fuck over big shows like Doctor Who, sold off Great British Bake Off and generally shit all over their most popular IP, all to "Make room for new talent" which generally boils down to quiz shows, panel shows, and reality TV. Fingers crossed the two year gap this time was because of the handover in show running, and from here on we'll be getting a more stable release schedule.

That said: Excited for this season, if only because Moffatt is gone and I can't wait to see what the new Show Runner can do! He's done some solid episodes in the past, and Broadchurch was EXCELLENT. If he can bring some of that intrigue and drama to Doctor Who, we're in for a treat. Although hopefully with less child murdering and rape... Not NONE. Just less.

I agree on your concerns though... I'm fine with a female Doctor, but what happens when she decides to leave? Will they be FORCED to hire a disable woman of colour, because anything less will be seen as not progressive enough? Will the people cheering the new female Doctor decry a male replacement, as much as the "The Doctor is a man!" crowd are crying about the current casting?

But I guess we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. No point getting worked up with talk of the next Doctor, when that is probably the problem of at least two years from now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Reality TV is unfortunately what television stations love. Cheap to produce, don't need to pay people for talent or multiple seasons, don't need to pay writers, just editors who know how to manufacture drama. And higher ratings than any scripted series.

It's the golden goose, and it's slowly killing mainstream television. For good television you are almost required to go beyond the networks. Brooklyn Nine-Nine was temporarily canceled by Fox this year despite being one of the better comedies in years, probably because Fox makes a shit ton more money on reality TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    the teaser trailer was kind of interesting. who are these new companions, and jodie looks breathtaking
    Hi

Deleted
    since yesterday, twitch present will show all of torchwood every sunday .)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine was temporarily canceled by Fox this year despite being one of the better comedies in years, probably because Fox makes a shit ton more money on reality TV.
    Apperently they wanted to drop one sitcom, so they said they'd cancel whichever had worse ratings, New Girl or Brooklyn 99. So even though B99 had good ratings, it didn't beat New Girl, so they cancelled it.

I think this perfectly illustrates how fucking stupid they are.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Teaser Trailer

Ive known and complained about these companions when i heard about them and seeing this teaser my complaints seem justified.

Where is the Scifi? Where is the outer space beyond time? To me this clip couldve been a trailer for the new Eastenders episode except they used some intern to paste some Scifi shitty CGI to make us care that whats going on could destroy the universe except they have done that storyline countless times!!!