Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I havent' watched the new season yet. Though I"m curious. now that The Doctor is a woman how does River song fit into this? Is the Doctor now a lesbian?
    the doctor still keeps accidentally referring to themselves as a man they got a new body they arent a different person. plus the doctor has kissed enough guys that im pretty sure he doesnt care either way.

once youve kissed a zygon gender doesnt really matter anymore, bet he even kissed jim the fish once
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually watched my first Colin Baker episode yesterday (the first one), and was pleasantly surprised. I had quickly just given up on the Peter Davison, Tegan, Adric and Nyssa shows and skipped forward, and Baker actually makes this interesting (he is not saddled with worst companion combo ever either).

The clothing is terrible and I have only seen a couple of segments but I like it already.

by contrast, Four to Doomsday (the last Davison episode I watched), it was as if the doctor wasn't even present. I know the script was written for Tom Baker and can imagine him acing the role, but I just got bored (and sick of the companions)

Thoughts on Colin Baker's episodes?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I find it weird that you guys are so hung up over the sexuality of an alien from a very pansexual species, and aren't more interested/concerned about the seismic shift in the themes/roles the Doctor portrays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I find it weird that you guys are so hung up over the sexuality of an alien from a very pansexual species, and aren't more interested/concerned about the seismic shift in the themes/roles the Doctor portrays.
    "You guys" thank you very much. Try "the game" and yeah, you know his deal here.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Absolutely love the new Tardis look!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Jodie looked way better in Capaldi's old vest and coat then she did in the suspenders and long coat she ended up with?
    Agreed, my only gripe with her so far is that her outfit is awful and gives me no Whovian vibes whatsoever. Well, that and her lines feel cheesy AF but she can hardly be blamed for that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I haven't noticed a major shift tbh. Still feels very doctory to me
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Agreed, my only gripe with her so far is that her outfit is awful and gives me no Whovian vibes whatsoever.
    Yeah... I like the CONCEPT of her costume: that it’s something thrown together in a second hand store up north... but that joke can only get us so far. Now that she’s got her TARDIS back, it doesn’t really scan that she’d keep wearing that rubbish. I’d much prefer her to get back into her clothes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah... I like the CONCEPT of her costume: that it’s something thrown together in a second hand store up north... but that joke can only get us so far. Now that she’s got her TARDIS back, it doesn’t really scan that she’d keep wearing that rubbish. I’d much prefer her to get back into her clothes.
    Eh it's better tthan wearing a vegetable, walking around with a question mark, or a rrainbow clown suit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Eh it's better tthan wearing a vegetable, walking around with a question mark, or a rrainbow clown suit
    I am not sure if JNT was worse with dr. wardrobe or companion choices. He did bring in Adric & Tegan....he may have had no choice on casting an australian but he certainly seems to have liked to create 'annoying' companion characters, certainly compared to any prior companions.

trivia - did you know the doctor cost Tegan her job? She needed to get back to LHR! I feel this was something that should have been focused on more! As it was if you were not paying very close attention you never would have known!
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-10-19 at 01:41 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yea, I would love to see her get back in a "doctor" type outfit personally.

I love her, the scene when she says for the first time "I'm the Doctor" gave me chills.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Well yes... obviously. She could be walking around in a potato sack, or a dress made totally of duct tape... but within the realms of reality her outfit served a purpose, in the plot, and now it’s time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    I love her, the scene when she says for the first time "I'm the Doctor" gave me chills.
    Yeah, that first “I’m the Doctor!” Moment is very important, and she TOTALLY nailed it. Always a good start.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I was at least hoping they would try to disguise this as a Doctor Who episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely one off episode, shame they didn't mention riversong, it's what everyone was thinking when stormcage was mentioned :P

I'm guessing we will see douchey mcdouchebag again seen as he sent him as far back as he possibly could...

Next time- spiders in Sheffield...ok, looks like i'm moving...

this episode was incredible

legit 100% respectful and still amazing

What was that ending? She changed the universe! Look! someone even named a small space rock after her!

That's the best they could come up with?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    this episode was incredible

legit 100% respectful and still amazing
    Yeah - was quite amazed by this episode as well! They didn't pull any punches... MAD props to Chinball so far! =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    What was that ending? She changed the universe! Look! someone even named a small space rock after her!

That's the best they could come up with?
    Yeah, I was kinda feeling the same way a bit about that asteroid. I was expecting them to go to the 75th century to see what douchey was talking about...

on that topic, I'm kinda surprised any of the companions didn't point out that apparently Racism is still around 5,000+ years into the future for some reason... >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    That was just about the best we could have hoped for. Respectful, but unflinching. They have the doctor some agency in the events, but she wasn’t in any way responsible for them... yeah, I think that was pretty damn good. I might almost be inclined to say that was the best historical episode New Who has done.

And next week, to balance it out, a classic monster story. Noice.

Just saying, so far Chibnall and Whittaker are batting 100.

A few things about this episode. I'm surprised everyone was ok with sending the guy into the past. He can still do damage to the timeline. The asteroid thing was a little weird. And I'm still not feeling the redesign of the TARDIS. Just seems kind of bland and featureless. All through Tenant's, Smith's & Capaldi's run the TARDIS was visually interesting. Of those three I think Capaldi's struck a nice balance between space/timeship and a collection of interesting objects. Almost reminded me of McGann's iteration in the tv movie. Whittaker's is just some pillars and crystals. And everything is brownish orange

Loved the episode so much. This season is doing amazing thus far! My two issues with that episode is how sudden the "bad guy" was taken care of and the rock at the end.