Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Wow, what a stupid episode. Let's literally ignore all Dr Who lore, including the fact the Dr also had the 12 regeneration limit and was given more regenerations by timelords. Oh, and is literally 100% genetically a timelord.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I don't think anyone is worried about the "dr is now special." the dr lost any meaning of special. Also, it completely ruins the whole trenzalore storyline, or how Timelords granted him regeneration. Oh, and it contradicts literally all established lore, which has been backed up in multiple places.
    the doctor is still a timelord. they created timelords by replicating their dna. regenerating came from them, perhaps other things like two hearts are also something unique to them, who knows.

also who says? the doctor? whos mind was wiped? he never died on trenzalor so whos to say he didnt just THINK he had 12, or perhaps when the timelords "decided there would only be 12" they didnt somehow limit the doctor? the blast of energy couldve been the timelords playing along, or perhaps the timelords didnt even know. theyre all dead, the extent to who knew about the timeless child is probably pretty small.

we saw multiple incarnations of the timeless child, even if we exclude the morbius doctors and the ruth doctor as possibly being season 6b doctors thats still a possiblity of hundreds of years. the timelords wanted a "foudning myth" perhaps tekteun rassilon and omega were the only ones to know the truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Chibnall made out Doctor Ruth would change everything.
    Reality any actor could have played the role, As it turned out Jo Martin did a really good job.
    RTD destroyed gallifrey moffat brought it back even basing the entire anniversary around it.
    Chibnall went and destroyed it again, Nothing groundbreaking and just like he axed UNIT robbing the show of good material.

Week on Week Yaz has a heart to heart.
    Graham acts the goat
    Ryan either argues with the doctor or given a storyline that highlights how weak an actor Tosin is.
    we still dont know who the ruth doctor is. i firmly believe shes season 6b. inbetween 2 and 3 and part of whatever the division is.

we know shes a past doctor. thats it. her mystery is still untold, even the doctor comments on where ruth fits and still doesnt know

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, before Clara interfered, he did die of old age on Trenzalore, which kinda proves the whole regeneration thing.

Also, River Song also proves the timelords were created by the untempered Schism.
    before the timeline changed he died in battle but we dont know how because we never see that version of events playout only the aftermath.

river song is something that needs to be explained.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the doctor is still a timelord. they created timelords by replicating their dna. regenerating came from them, perhaps other things like two hearts are also something unique to them, who knows.

also who says? the doctor? whos mind was wiped? he never died on trenzalor so whos to say he didnt just THINK he had 12, or perhaps when the timelords "decided there would only be 12" they didnt somehow limit the doctor? the blast of energy couldve been the timelords playing along, or perhaps the timelords didnt even know. theyre all dead, the extent to who knew about the timeless child is probably pretty small.

we saw multiple incarnations of the timeless child, even if we exclude the morbius doctors and the ruth doctor as possibly being season 6b doctors thats still a possiblity of hundreds of years. the timelords wanted a "foudning myth" perhaps tekteun rassilon and omega were the only ones to know the truth

- - - Updated - - -

we still dont know who the ruth doctor is. i firmly believe shes season 6b. inbetween 2 and 3 and part of whatever the division is.

we know shes a past doctor. thats it. her mystery is still untold, even the doctor comments on where ruth fits and still doesnt know

- - - Updated - - -

before the timeline changed he died in battle but we dont know how because we never see that version of events playout only the aftermath.

river song is something that needs to be explained.
    I think that the Gallifreyans have always had 2 hearts, but yeah it does raise a question: if they gene spliced the timeless's child dna to give them regenerations, then how did they get time travel? maybe the timeless child's dna also assisted with that? in every TARDIS went the dna which allows time travel. would also explain why River Song turned out the way she did, because she absorbed the energies of the timeless child. or, maybe, Amy and/or Rory were actually Time Lords but a part of the secret society and had been mind wiped to think they were human.

the whole giving Matt Smith's doctor 12 new regenerations on Trenzalore was a total fake out; they knew he would regenerate and needed to find a way to ensure that the lie could be kept going

I quite enjoyed the episode; it was a ballsy move to change something so monumental as that. I don't think there is a problem when it comes to changing established lore as long as it is a good reason behind it - and it doesn't even have to change much because everything that the Time Lords did that is still canon, just their motivation changed. hell, we don't even know who among them knew the true origins. as for the final scene I wonder if the Master set her up for the Gallifrey genocide

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean, before Clara interfered, he did die of old age on Trenzalore, which kinda proves the whole regeneration thing.

Also, River Song also proves the timelords were created by the untempered Schism.
    We don't really know he died in the original timeline concerning Trenzalore - regeneration isn't necessarily effective invulnerability, the process can and has been stopped by sufficiently powerful beings and/or forces. It's likely that prior to Clara and the Time Lords' interference that the Doctor was killed by the forces assaulting Trenzalore, probably the Daleks, regenerated and was killed again mid-regeneration or by a weapon that prohibited regeneration.

The paradox concerning River/Melody Song's birth as a Time Lady is more confusing, but who really knows what was done to Amy Pond by Madame Kovaria and the Silence - it's possible that the regeneration imprimatur was added by them based off of the Doctor's very genetics, or whatever else. It always seemed odd to me that two humans plus the Time Vortex could just random produce a Time Lady given that Gallifreyan biology and human biology are so different (and in more ways than just regeneration).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Ratings for the series 12 finale were terrible. It pulled a 3.78 overnight which is the second lowest for the series, only higher than last week.

Some have speculated that with the ratings so terrible, they are going to have to break the emergency glass to attract an audience. That means series 13 *must* bring back David Tennant, Matt Smith, Billie Piper, etc. *If* they can get them. I mean I doubt they can get Karen Gillan (shes too big of a star now) nor Chris Eccelston (he hates Doctor Who). Its an interesting theory I've heard so I thought I'd mention it here and see if it actually happens. Speculation also is that series 13 will release in fall 2021, which makes sense of course.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

so new news are that aparently actors playing Jodie's companions are quiting the series because of abysmal ratings and the possiblity that it can negatively affect their careers.

but im sure Chibnal will just double down on the direction that show has taken in next season .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so new news are that aparently actors playing Jodie's companions are quiting the series because of abysmal ratings and the possiblity that it can negatively affect their careers.

but im sure Chibnal will just double down on the direction that show has taken in next season .
    Oh yeah, because its totally not normal for companions to leave after 1 to 2 series.

Lets see
    Rose 2 series
    Martha 1
    Donna 1
    Amy and rory 2 and 5 episodes
    Clara 2 and half
    Bob 1
    Graham, ryan, yaz currently sitting at 2

Yeah totally because of "abysmal ratings" let me guess jodie is leaving after three series because of abysmal ratings too and not because almost every single doctor since troughton leaves after 3?

Also the current rumour is ryan and Graham are leaving after revolution of the daleks but yaz is staying not that all of them are leaving.

Which imo is great. Having three companions has hurt the series. None of them stand out or get adequate screen time.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ratings for the series 12 finale were terrible. It pulled a 3.78 overnight which is the second lowest for the series, only higher than last week.

Some have speculated that with the ratings so terrible, they are going to have to break the emergency glass to attract an audience. That means series 13 *must* bring back David Tennant, Matt Smith, Billie Piper, etc. *If* they can get them. I mean I doubt they can get Karen Gillan (shes too big of a star now) nor Chris Eccelston (he hates Doctor Who). Its an interesting theory I've heard so I thought I'd mention it here and see if it actually happens. Speculation also is that series 13 will release in fall 2021, which makes sense of course.
    I'm still holding out for a Hugh Laurie doctor sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Oh yeah, because its totally not normal for companions to leave after 1 to 2 series.

Lets see
    Rose 2 series
    Martha 1
    Donna 1
    Amy and rory 2 and 5 episodes
    Clara 2 and half
    Bob 1
    Graham, ryan, yaz currently sitting at 2

Yeah totally because of "abysmal ratings" let me guess jodie is leaving after three series because of abysmal ratings too and not because almost every single doctor since troughton leaves after 3?

Also the current rumour is ryan and Graham are leaving after revolution of the daleks but yaz is staying not that all of them are leaving.

Which imo is great. Having three companions has hurt the series. None of them stand out or get adequate screen time.
    Also, sucks if Bradley leaves, he's the only companion in the last two series I've liked. Never expected to like a former Coronation Street star, but man he's been the main reason for me to watch to be honest.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I'm still holding out for a Hugh Laurie doctor sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, sucks if Bradley leaves, he's the only companion in the last two series I've liked. Never expected to like a former Coronation Street star, but man he's been the main reason for me to watch to be honest.
    Yeah hes my favorite of the three as well. But tosin has a new show hes the lead of and it doesnt really make sense imo for graham to stay if ryan is leaving but yaz doesn't really have that so i can see why she might be the one to stay

I just now realized that i called bills bob lol.

Well in my defense i do have the flu rn

Corrie was his low point, the guy can be very serious or comedic when he needs to be. Law and Order UK seems to be his more serious role where he did well in.

But Walsh has basically confirmed he's out, not because of ratings but because he does so much the gruelling schedule is just too much for him.

Anyone thinking ratings are those who are desperate for it to fail because super progressive show since the 60s suddenly got too progressive for them and now they have to jump on the internet bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But Walsh has basically confirmed he's out, not because of ratings but because he does so much the gruelling schedule is just too much for him.
    He's got a good thing going, with The Chase. No need to kill himself making Doctor Who.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He's got a good thing going, with The Chase. No need to kill himself making Doctor Who.
    Yep, best thing on TV between the hours of 5pm and 6pm in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, best thing on TV between the hours of 5pm and 6pm in the UK.
    Yup. And the best Quiz/Game show on UK TV, at any hour.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Oh my goodness. Are you *that* naive? Actors will almost never, ever tell you they are leaving because the show is awful. And if they do, its really bad for their career. Its a job like anything else and they'll toe the company line to keep working.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Oh my goodness. Are you *that* naive? Actors will almost never, ever tell you they are leaving because the show is awful. And if they do, its really bad for their career. Its a job like anything else and they'll toe the company line to keep working.
    No I'm just not looking under the desk for ways to surrender to the far right, or treating introverts as the ultimate evil as you love to post or whatever conspiracy theory you love next). If you knew anything about Bradley Walsh you'd know he basically hasn't had a day off in about 4 years. If you knew anything about Doctor who, you'd know companions barely hang around.

Except Occam's Razor.
    And Walsh's "company line" is over at ITV, the BBC isn't considered his home.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    the BBC isn't considered his home.
    Very humorous.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    3 companions was always too much. maybe if they had kept the episode count at 13 then yeah that would've helped with character development but they cut the number of episodes while boosting the amount of characters. that is never good

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup. And the best Quiz/Game show on UK TV, at any hour.
    Ehh, only connect and pointless are the big ones as far as I'm concerned.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, only connect and pointless are the big ones as far as I'm concerned.
    I like OC, but I'm way too stupid for it. Never get any questions right...

I used to be OBSESSED with Pointless. But they've kind of painted themselves into a corner, IMO. The questions are getting kinda silly now, which ruins the fun for me.