Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they boarded the vessel to retrieve the other dalek and i think to recover the ship, they said the ship was originally a dalek ship that they had stolen so maybe they wanted the ship back.

and no i didnt notice that about missy. i watched deep breath a couple times and she seemed normal but ill keep a look out next time she shows up.
    I thought I heard something about retrieval but wasn't sure. It's not like the Daleks to try to rescue one of their own, and the ship didn't look like Dalek design, so either are odd.
    Maybe I'll catch it on a re-watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would have to rewatch, but I don't think it was the radiation causing the issue as opposed to the breach in an important component of the Dalek. Basically it was like a Dalek stroke which leaves your brain wonky as well as messing up your body. While the effect was to release internal radiation (b/c it's not external, which is what you mean when you say they like radiation), that wasn't the cause of the problem. The breach allowed the Dalek to override the limiters in their thought bank which means the good memory was front and center. When it was repaired, the systems were fully functional and the good emotions were pushed into disuse.
    Ok, this makes sense, hadn't thought about it in that way, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

The Daleks boarded the human ship because they intended to rescue "Rusty." In the screener, Rusty returns to the Dalek ship and suicide bombs his comrades, blowing up the entire ship. Obviously, this didn't make it into the final cut probably for CGI cost reasons. I guess it also leaves the door open for Rusty to come back later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    well that pretty much confirms who it is then.
    Not really, it confirms Technology, and tech level. It strong suggests a timelord. But to jump out and say "the Master" it's a wait and see, moffet has tossed us a lot of curve balls over the years.

"Anthony Horowitz has responded to rumours that he will be replacing Steven Moffat when he eventually departs the show.

The writer, known for the Alex Rider series of novels (and less so for 90s TV series Crime Traveller), stated it was “unlikely” when quizzed on Twitter.

The rumour appears to have originated from missing episode recoverer Philip Morris who apparently claimed: “The guy i’m told is Anthony Horowitz. He will replace Steven Moffat and has been endorsed by Philip Hinchcliffe.”

Moffat previously suggested he had mapped out a large chunk of Series 9 back in June. He said: “I’ve figured out the cliffhanger to the penultimate episode of the next series. And it’s a whopper. Ohh, I don’t think you’ll see this coming!”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/horowit...ctor+Who+TV%29
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    "Anthony Horowitz has responded to rumours that he will be replacing Steven Moffat when he eventually departs the show.

The writer, known for the Alex Rider series of novels (and less so for 90s TV series Crime Traveller), stated it was “unlikely” when quizzed on Twitter.

The rumour appears to have originated from missing episode recoverer Philip Morris who apparently claimed: “The guy i’m told is Anthony Horowitz. He will replace Steven Moffat and has been endorsed by Philip Hinchcliffe.”

Moffat previously suggested he had mapped out a large chunk of Series 9 back in June. He said: “I’ve figured out the cliffhanger to the penultimate episode of the next series. And it’s a whopper. Ohh, I don’t think you’ll see this coming!”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/horowit...ctor+Who+TV%29
    I can see the gaping plotholes coming. Does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice that the radiation leak looked like the "crack in time and space"? Maybe me just over thinking, but it sure did look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basedqt View Post
    Anyone notice that the radiation leak looked like the "crack in time and space"? Maybe me just over thinking, but it sure did look like it.
    nah the cracks in space time are always sideways. i think the doctor wouldve noticed if it were anything to do with that.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crack in a wall looks like crack in a wall? Crack in Timey-Wimey was horizontal.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what I thought.

As for when the Doctor told River his name, I always thought that was when they went on their date to Darillium .
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually met Anthony Horowitz, when I was working at Waterstones last Christmas... Weirdly he was buying his own book... But I can't really see his style working well for Doctor Who.

When Moffat finally lays down his pen, I think the best bet is to either hand it over to his writing partner Mark Gatiss OR if Capaldi is still the Doctor and they REALLY want to go dark, bring in Toby Whithouse (of Being Human fame), who I think would be freaking amazing.

Of course best case scenario, they let Neil Gaiman take over, but that's never going to happen .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I actually met Anthony Horowitz, when I was working at Waterstones last Christmas... Weirdly he was buying his own book... But I can't really see his style working well for Doctor Who.

When Moffat finally lays down his pen, I think the best bet is to either hand it over to his writing partner Mark Gatiss OR if Capaldi is still the Doctor and they REALLY want to go dark, bring in Toby Whithouse (of Being Human fame), who I think would be freaking amazing.

Of course best case scenario, they let Neil Gaiman take over, but that's never going to happen .
    Yeah, I would not mind if Gaiman would do it, I still have not finished his book though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, just been reading comments on facebook that say doctor who should be cancelled/ steven moffat+ peter capaldi should quit because of the interspecies lesbian kiss >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's a massive improvement on the last doctor, I'm still not convinced Capaldi was the right choice.

The show does need better writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    lol, just been reading comments on facebook that say doctor who should be cancelled/ steven moffat+ peter capaldi should quit because of the interspecies lesbian kiss >.<
    Some folks, sheesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    While it's a massive improvement on the last doctor, I'm still not convinced Capaldi was the right choice.

Burn the witch!

Deleted
    bring in Toby Whithouse (of Being Human fame), who I think would be freaking amazing..
    I'm not sure they let Irony lead their hiring procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

12 is good but as a massive improvement over 11 i just dont see it yet but we have alot of stories to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not really, it confirms Technology, and tech level. It strong suggests a timelord. But to jump out and say "the Master" it's a wait and see, moffet has tossed us a lot of curve balls over the years.
    I never said the master.

i also think it will be one of those two. as far as i know horowitz hasnt even ever written anything who related

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    don let them watch torchwood :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I would not mind if Gaiman would do it, I still have not finished his book though.
    Which one? Gaiman is one of my favourite people ever... But his books are SUPER hit and miss.

Also worth a note Peter Capaldi win's GQ's TV personality of the year: woot
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Which one? Gaiman is one of my favourite people ever... But his books are SUPER hit and miss.
    I like Gaiman's books, I wish he'd write more of them. But he's all over doing kids' books and young adult novellas these days. The novellas are good, very good (Graveyard Book and Ocean at the End of the Lane for example) but his last proper book was Anansi Boys and that was published in 2005!
    He should write more Doctor Who as well and in so doing should not have his storied messed up by the production team (ie Nightmare in Silver). And get Stephen Fry, too. He'd started a Who story but it was canned by the BBC, claiming it would be too expensive.

Anyway.
    Capaldi continues to completely sell me on the Doctor and I think he's in the running to create a very definitive portrayal. Regarding the crack in the Dalek, I had the same thought re: the crack in time. They probably recycled the CGI template for the visual.

And Kelimbror, when my wife got home from work I said I'd posted in a Doctor Who discussion (before I finished the sentence she exclaimed "About the radiation?!") and relayed your explanation, which she concurs, it makes good sense. So thank you for settling this for a couple of Doctor Who canon lore dorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"