Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Crazy theory here, but could Capaldi's Doctor be, or become the Valeyard? The Valeyard is mentioned as taking place in between the Doctor's 12 and final incarnation. Now if we take incarnation to mean regenerations The Doctor is already on his 13th, but if we go by the faces he's took he's on his 12th (due to 10's two regenerations.). The Valeyard was mentioned in Name of the Doctor - seems pretty odd to bring up a plot point from decades ago imo. And the Valeyard is supposed to be an amalgamation of the Doctor's dark side, and Capaldi is apparently going to be "a snarling beast." And this could somehow tie into 11 (or 12, or 13) being out of regenerations.
    i dont think capaldi will be the valeyard. but i think that plot point will be an important one for 12s overarching plotline.

you can kind of see the beginning of that in 11's run
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    My assertion was when the Daleks are a threat to all of the cosmos they are a space born race. Nothing more, nothing less. They have world they might use ie prison/asylum worlds. But they have no use for primitive bio systems like planets. Once they moved to space they left Skaro behind as a dead world, they never looked back to it for any reason but a source of their hatred.
    The Daleks originated on Skaro and had their own cities. They did of course expand through space to cleanse the universe, and then all reality, of non-Dalek life. They learned space travel and then time travel and have continually advanced so yes, your second part is correct. But they *were* based originally on Skaro.

- - - Updated - - -

Capaldi will be the Doctor, not the Valeyard. But the Valeyard *could* be a persistent antagonist, much like the Master. Depending on what happens during the regeneration, the Valeyard could be born out of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Capaldi is not the Valeyard. Since the Doctor is on his last regeneration, perhaps when he tries to regenerate again (using the Eye in the TARDIS, probably) he will split in two. Thus, Capaldi becomes the next Doctor and the amalgamation of darkness that is the Valeyard also forms as a separate/clone entity. Boom, there's your villain. Then there is time pressure for finding Gallifrey before the other and score some new regenerations from the Time Lords as a reward for saving Gallifrey.

Deleted
    You're right it probably won't be Capaldi who becomes the Valeyard himself, but I definitely think that the Valeyard will come about from Capaldi's Doctor because of the whole snarling beast description Moffat gave us. It's the Master who says that The Valeyard comes between The Doctor's 12th and final regeneration right? So if you discount the War Doctor and Ten's first regeneration (both of which the Master could reasonably have missed when making that comment) Capaldi would be the perfect time for The Valeyard.

We know Capaldi will be a much darker Doctor, so perhaps that Dark Side gets ripped off somehow and amalgamates into the Valeyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Capaldi is not the Valeyard. Since the Doctor is on his last regeneration, perhaps when he tries to regenerate again (using the Eye in the TARDIS, probably) he will split in two. Thus, Capaldi becomes the next Doctor and the amalgamation of darkness that is the Valeyard also forms as a separate/clone entity. Boom, there's your villain. Then there is time pressure for finding Gallifrey before the other and score some new regenerations from the Time Lords as a reward for saving Gallifrey.
    i dont think gallifrey will reward him.

i think gallifrey will just open up a whole can of worms worth of new baddies for the doctor to fight.

the masters there, rassilon and the high council who intended to destory the entire universe is still there unless the master killed them, the rani could be there, the meddling monk, a whole parties worth of baddies could be there.

the doctor saved gallifrey because of the children. the people in charge were continually shown to be either corrupt, entirely selfish, or just major douchebags.

- - - Updated - - -

wouldnt it be awesome if the doctor finally gets back to gallifrey and the masters usurped the high council and elected himself lord president of gallifrey
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    will we ever see riversong again, or was the name of her doctor her goodbye?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    She'll be back. Name of the Doctor revealed that she was somehow communicating from the database in the Library - so after her death. Which imo is pretty disappointing. The mine that is River Song's story potential was exhausted long ago and should have finished in The Wedding of River Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i think she will pop in every once in a while but i dont think she will ever have a major focus in the show anymore.

like in angels take Manhattan. showing up when the doctor needs a little help

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wouldnt it be awesome if the doctor finally gets back to gallifrey and the masters usurped the high council and elected himself lord president of gallifrey
    Haha! Yes! That would be pretty fantastic. This reminds me though that Moffat had said a while ago that Timelords like Romana and the Rani would not show up because all the Timelords are dead. Well! Things have changed, who knows what a restored Gallifrey may release?

I agree that Gallifrey will likely not reward the Doctor; at this point they seem to view him with about as much esteem as they view the Master if even that much (the Doctor is more an antithesis of what the Timelords are than the Master is; the Master is a renegade more because the Timelords will not give him total control). Gallifrey returning is likely a more antagonistic plot point than beneficial for the Doctor.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The Daleks originated on Skaro and had their own cities. They did of course expand through space to cleanse the universe, and then all reality, of non-Dalek life. They learned space travel and then time travel and have continually advanced so yes, your second part is correct. But they *were* based originally on Skaro..
    You need to watch the old episodes again, once they gained space flight they left Skaro completely.
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_of_the_Daleks

I know they left Skaro, but to say they were never based there is plain wrong.

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I know they left Skaro, but to say they were never based there is plain wrong.
    i think she just meant it in the context of the timewar.

but i think they still used it though. they still use it in the new series in secret

Oh in the context of the Time War, sure, by this point the Daleks were spread throughout space and time and by virtue of that Skaro exists in different states and the Daleks have no need for a home planet.

"Okey dokey!"

now that we know the timewar wasnt locked i wonder if we will find out what the nightmare child, the couldve been king with his army of meanwhiles and never weres and the skaro degradations are

15+ Year Old Account
    now that we know the timewar wasnt locked i wonder if we will find out what the nightmare child, the couldve been king with his army of meanwhiles and never weres and the skaro degradations are
    Technically it has always been locked. The moment just let them through this time. It is still a fixed point in time, so even if you go there you still cant do anything.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Technically it has always been locked. The moment just let them through this time. It is still a fixed point in time, so even if you go there you still cant do anything.
    no they just thought it was timelocked

Deleted
    no they just thought it was timelocked
    No they thought that they'd destroyed Gallifrey but it wasn't. The timelock presumably happened separately to the Moment. I mean it's one thing to pretend that Gallifrey was destroyed as it disappeared. But if it wasn't actually timelocked then that would have gotten discovered pretty quickly. We've seen the effects of the Timelock with Dalek Caan and the events of End Time. I'm guessing the Doctor locked the Time war earlier so that when he did find out how to end it nobody could go back to undo his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    No they thought that they'd destroyed Gallifrey but it wasn't. The timelock presumably happened separately to the Moment. I mean it's one thing to pretend that Gallifrey was destroyed as it disappeared. But if it wasn't actually timelocked then that would have gotten discovered pretty quickly. We've seen the effects of the Timelock with Dalek Caan and the events of End Time. I'm guessing the Doctor locked the Time war earlier so that when he did find out how to end it nobody could go back to undo his work.
    we might have to wait for an official source to say whether its locked or not but im pretty sure its not locked

I hope they address the lightning that is seen striking the TARDIS

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    I hope they address the lightning that is seen striking the TARDIS
    what lightning?