Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Yes, that all might be true. But in a Doctor Who RPG I played a Female Doctor.

I went with the premise 'What if the Doctor was a red headed female', I played her as if the actress playing the part was Felicia Day. I ended up being too good at it.
    i wouldnt mind a female timelord on equal or greater status then the doctor like romana or the rani in fact they should bring on more female characters like them but the doctor shouldnt be female.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    matt always said doing the show aged him terribly because its such hard work

Tell me about it... and that's only after what 4 years? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Hey guys, i just finished watching the Christmas Special and have a few questions:
    I'll try to answer this as best as possible. Not because I'm an expert but because I'm listening to Within Temptation (Ice Queen) and I feel like it.

1. In this episode, the Doctor clearly states that he has no regenerations left and is going to die of old age. If that's the case, why then he tells Amy that he's not aging (an episode where she tries to seduce him)? Why does the regeneration start in the Impossible Astronaut (i know that it happens to the fake body, but still)? Why, when poisoned by River, he starts talking that it may be better to regenerate? Where does the regeneration energy he used to heal River's wrist come from? And why is she so upset by him using it? What was keeping his body young for many centuries, and why did he suddenly start aging rapidly on Trenzalore?
    1. this Doctor likes to remind people he lies.
    2. When he says he's not aging technically a lie, however while he has his Tardis he can slow or stop his aging process.
    3. In the Impossible Astronaut he had the Teselecta put on a Show for the watching 'Silence'.
    4. Because the 11th was the Drama Queen Doctor, so he knowing he would die with out outside aid he put on a show, remeber he changed into a Tux because he was dying.
    5. They have sort of indicated that Time lord life force is shown as the yellow gold energy, so him healing her was more a case of using his life force to heal.
    6. She was upset because she knew he was on his last life, so he had a limited amount of life energy.
    7. He didn't have his Tardis, so the tricks he would normally use were not available to him. As a timelord they can live for about 300-400 years with out the time vortex, but they will age slowly and die normally. It was actually shown in the old show.

2. The Doctor really wants to bring the Time Lords back and says that they come in peace, the only thing that stops him is the inevitable start of the second Time War if he does so. But what about the Time Lords being crazy and wanting to destroy the Universe itself along with all life in it? This was the main reason why the 10th didn't allow Gallifrey to escape the Time War in the first place.
    Essentially the leadership of Gallifrey had become twisted by war, they sort of show this in the mini episodes just prior to the 50th special. Basically the Time Lords 'recruited' lesser races to become cyborg warriors. By Recruited I mean conscripted, or forced against your will, to fight the Daleks. By putting Galifry out of the Universe, and ending the Time War like that. He forced the People on Gallifrey to relax, which would allow them to go back to being the Ancient and peaceful race they were. Even Rassilon was only motivated to save his people, well the Doctor did that.

3. The Doctor says that he's bound to stay on Trenzalore for the rest of his life in order to keep enemy forces at bay thus saving civilians from being obliterated. But what stops the Church of Something from evacuating them? It's just a one small village after all, shouldn't be a problem to teleport them from the planet one by one so the Doctor may escape. If not the Church, the Doctor could do it himself at the very moment he re-acquired Tardis. Or even instead of sending Clara home. Surely, there is enough room for all those people inside, and if not, Tardis could easily create more space.
    Basically as long as the Time Lords were sending the Signal, there was a Small hole in the Universe in which the Daleks could exploit and they would cross over to the pocket where Gallifrey is to start the Time War over. So yes they could have evacuated the Planet, but they would have to still remain on guard. The solution is that Clara made it clear the timelords had to wait, so they ended up moving the hole someplace else, thous removing the importance of that planet.

4. Why did the enemy forces start a full-scale invasion on Trenzalore? They didn't do it for the first 300 years because they didn't want to provoke the Doctor to summon the Time Lords back. So, what has changed? And when the invasion started, what was keeping the Doctor from actually doing it? It's not like things could get any worse - on the contrary, Time Lords could've helped the Doctor to repel the invasion. And speaking of the invasion itself, how come a single village, even protected by the Doctor and the Church, could possibly survive under the pressue of an army of Daleks for so many years?
    The Church got there first, and they were technically the strongest force on site. What Changed, the Daleks slowly beat everyone else down, and then was able to finally defeat the Church.

As for summing the Timelords to fight, that would end just as badly as it did before. The Doctor needs to remove the Dalek threat before bringing back Gallifrey.

As to how the Doctor kept the town safe, he worked closely with the Church forces.

5. The Doctor is supposed to be a beacon for the Time Lords. If he answers the question and speaks his real name, the Time Lords will know they have found the right place and come back. Considering that the Time Lords have given the Doctor a new set of regenerations through the crack, they do acknowledge that he is there and they've found the right place. So, why didn't they come through?
    They would need the Doctor to do something with his Tardis to bring the planet through. Seems clear that the door needs to be opened by the Doctor.

6. If the Time Lords helped the Doctor to change the timeline and to survive the events of Trenzalore, then the future version of the planet (a wasteland with a giant dead Tardis serving as the Doctor's grave) does not exist. But what about "The Name of the Doctor" episode? It's based on the said future version of Trenzalore, and with it gone, none of the events of that episode should have happened.
    True, that Trenzalore will no longer become the Graveyard, as far as we know, but then the Doctor will die someday, and his constant meddling will mean it will probably be during a war, and it could still be on Tenzalore, only now it is a lot farther into the Doctors future. Basically the events on Trenzalore may still happen, but now they are put off to some future time.

Overall, i've found the Christmas Special quite enjoyable and a good ending for the 11th Doctor's story. However, the story of the episode, while being interesting, has many flaws and looks really weak in the way it was shown to us.
    Not so much as flaws, as they are not explained, and assumed you have followed the show for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the pocket universe is like..does it have time / a sun etc? 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It doesn't stop aging. It slows it. That was the longest time he was without the Tardis over his entire cycle. You have to remember that Smith lived in that body almost if not the longest of any Doctor. Once he was away from the mojo, it all started catching up with him.
    edit for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I don't think anything caught up with him, other than time itself. None of the other regenerations of the Dr. lasted anywhere near as long as Smith's did before he finally regeneratef. He had already been in that form for almost 300 years by the time (SPOILERS) of his "death" at the hands of River Song. Then he spends another 300 years on the planet Christmas befor Clara returns the first time and when he's finished he looks aged and a little weathered. When Clara returns the second time, he looks ancient and we soon learn that he is very near death, which leads me to believe that AT LEAST the same amount of time (300 years) passed again before the papal mainframe brought clara back. So Smith's version of the Dr. lasted at least 900 years, which was right about how old the Dr. was when Smith first took over.

1st life 600
    2-10 300
    11th 900
    so that makes him, 600+300+900=1800

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    but they know who the Doctor is he is one of them. Clara didnt clarify that they should know him but being in the truth field she could not lie so when she spoke of The Doctor even though she didnt know his real name they knew it was the Doctor because she couldnt lie
    She knows his birth name. His real name is the Doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I wonder what the pocket universe is like..does it have time / a sun etc? 0o
    Odds are it is the same pocket universe that he met Aldric in. So it would have plenty of star systems.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-12-28 at 07:43 PM.

you know what i think would be cool is if for a one off episode where the doctor ends up going to one of those alternate realities like in series 2 and meets a version of himself who was female or maybe a couple episodes where he meets a couple different versions of himself. maybe they all have to team up to defeat a doctor who is evil and threatens all universes
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and then our Doctor dies and we are stuck with alternative (in every way) one.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like will ferrell but i will consider watching anchorman 1/2 just because of the doctor who scene :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What they look like when they regenerate isn't a factor for now. It doesn't set them ahead in age or anything. Moffat has stated he will address why we've seen the new Doctor's face in both DW and Torchwood before. That there are reasons why he has 'lines on his face'. And Hurt I believe regenerated out of subconscious choice now that the Time War was over and his body was beaten up. I don't think he literally died of old age like Smith did. And like I said, as long as he's with the Tardis on a continual basis, he isn't going to be aging much. The War Doctor was not in the Tardis, instead was on a planet fighting a battle for tons of years.
    I am still not sure about it. If it worked for the doctor wouldn't it work for the companions?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i dont think the tardis slows down aging. i think it just takes timelords a really really long time to age

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think the tardis slows down aging. i think it just takes timelords a really really long time to age
    Smith had already spent hundreds of years in that form and hadn't really aged. It was his time away from the Tardis in which he aged at an accelerated (for a Time Lord) rate.
    BAD WOLF

Smith had already spent hundreds of years in that form and hadn't really aged. It was his time away from the Tardis in which he aged at an accelerated (for a Time Lord) rate.
    i wonder also because the regeneration juice he has in his body also has healing properties as we have seen before so if he had no more regenerations left he had to be low on the power which i think keeps the doctor young as well. When he got shot with new regenerations from the timelords he wnet back to his normal age and the regen cycle was reset so im sure the regeneration juice he has also makes him stay young.
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2013-12-29 at 12:29 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    i wonder also because the regeneration juice he has in his body also has healing properties as we have seen before so if he had no more regenerations left he had to be low on the power which i think keeps the doctor young as well. When he got shot with new regenerations from the timelords he wnet back to his normal age and the regen cycle was reset so im sure the regeneration juice he has also makes him stay young.
    This could also be a factor, yes.
    BAD WOLF

This could also be a factor, yes.
    also the Doctor choose the name because he is a healer and the only other time the Doctor aged alot was when he was the War Doctor and he did have the Tardis and he still had alot of regenerations left but he was constantly fighting and killing not healing so it aged him much like the 11th Doctor on Trenzalore constantly fighting and killing for hundreds of yrs.

well he was aging. even if it was just in real life he looks considerably older by the end of series 7. before trenzalore his body was around 300 years old and he looked alot older than in series 5. then he spent another 300 years and looked about 10 - 15 years older. then he spent an unknown amount of time and became an old man.

we dont know how long the 2nd stay was but it definitely was alot longer than 300 years.

- - - Updated - - -

we also have to remember that on trenzalore he was fighting a war, he wasnt just running or traveling like before so all that extra stress probably made him age even faster

Hmmm, so it looks like the TARDIS is set to travel to 1968. This is right before Matt Smith throws the switch & then regenerates. I wonder if they are actually travelling to '68 or if they'll crash somewhere inbetween. And who knows on what planet?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would tardis analog navigation system use Earth year system? Makes no sense.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why would tardis analog navigation system use Earth year system? Makes no sense.
    Because the Doctor visits Earth very often on his adventures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Because the Doctor visits Earth very often on his adventures?
    Er no? He doesn't. Most of his life-time he is ELSEWHERE.

And again it's ANALOG system. means it's a physical part of the tardis. Tardis has Digital systems too - and there he can setup year system to whatever or see all of them at once. But Analog system - means it's the system Tardis was built with - and Doctor stole it.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-12-31 at 11:44 AM.