Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm with Russell on this one. You can't have a 50th year anniversary blowout and then try to have a 10 year one, it doesn't make sense. Plus even if they did a 10 year one, it wouldn't make any sense with Christopher Eccleston being there (and that's not happening).
    It's not that hard to understand. 50th anniversary of the show, 10th of the reboot. It wouldn't even have to advertised as such to the general public if they're that concerned that people are complete idiots, just as a multi-doctor special. The fans would understand the significance.

dr who tv recently posted one of their opinion post thingies and it made me wonder what you guys think.

would you like to see a multi master special? weve had multi doctor episodes, and since new who has started weve gotten 4 new masters

(1 new incarnation from the audio series with mcgann, and 3 from the show)

obviously delgado is dead and most of the other masters are too old but they could get the 4 newest masters and could probably recreate the burnt up version of the master by recasting
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be pretty good. They could have a LOT of fun with it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Doctor who musical, made me smile :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dr who tv recently posted one of their opinion post thingies and it made me wonder what you guys think.

would you like to see a multi master special? weve had multi doctor episodes, and since new who has started weve gotten 4 new masters

(1 new incarnation from the audio series with mcgann, and 3 from the show)

obviously delgado is dead and most of the other masters are too old but they could get the 4 newest masters and could probably recreate the burnt up version of the master by recasting
    That'd be awesome. Even if it was just Gomez and Simm.

Remember lads Spoilers!

I'd like just a little fan service for the 10th anniversary, nothing gratuitous or heavily advertised, simple references like bad wolf making a return would enough for me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzill View Post
    Remember lads Spoilers!
    Don't worry, we'll post as many as we can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Don't worry, we'll post as many as we can.
    Rose is badwolf! :s

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yana is the Master!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Who was he in Game of Thrones?

- - - Updated - - -

gaaa, all spoiled, no chance I can watch those episodes again.

p.s. Lost the game, bad wolf is a marker for me and the game.

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That'd be awesome. Even if it was just Gomez and Simm.
    Hmm... actually... considering his personality... this might end up as rated for adults only...

I'm all for it.

100%.

Go go go! Do want!
    Oh, hi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doctor who musical, made me smile :S

Now that is a hot doctor. :}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10th anniversary would make sense if they could have Eccleston back, because he's the Doctor that brought the show back. As much as I am Tennant's fanboy, who I think made this show so popular now, but it's Eccleston that started it all, and introduced a whole new generation into the Whoniverse.
    And far as we know he doesn't want to go back to Doctor Who, and without his character, it would feel empty.. Damn, even 50th anniversary's storyline felt empty without 9th
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    10th anniversary would make sense if they could have Eccleston back, because he's the Doctor that brought the show back. As much as I am Tennant's fanboy, who I think made this show so popular now, but it's Eccleston that started it all, and introduced a whole new generation into the Whoniverse.
    And far as we know he doesn't want to go back to Doctor Who, and without his character, it would feel empty.. Damn, even 50th anniversary's storyline felt empty without 9th
    i think getting mcgann back or (if possible) john hurt, or both would be great.

mostly mcgann though. he never got his time to shine, hes got a shit ton of stories and companions from the audio series. they could even bring in the new incarnation of the master and have him interact with missy.

2 doctors versus 2 masters

- - - Updated - - -

also i was just thinking, wouldnt it be kind of cool for one of the doctors to wear full timelord clothes all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think getting mcgann back or (if possible) john hurt, or both would be great.

mostly mcgann though. he never got his time to shine, hes got a shit ton of stories and companions from the audio series.
    I forgot about McGann. That movie was just awful, but the short prequel for the 50th anniversary was amazing. I'd be totally down with McGann coming back for another episode with multiple Doctors. He's got that still-hopeful aura about him that maybe everything will turn out okay, in regards to the pre or early days of the Time War. I think he would work well with Capaldi.

I went back and watched Angels Take Manhattan with Matt Smith. Wow, it's crazy weird now to watch him play the Doctor. Was he always so awkward? And young? He was my first Doctor when I started watching this series and the show flowed just so much better overall, but he was on cocaine or something. Capaldi is way more chill, but the stories are whack. I seriously hope next season has an actual storyline arc to it and not a bunch of random nonsense.

ok so..I've been watching Dr. Who. Started with classic Dr. Who. I'm up to the one now with Amy Pond and I have one question to ask....is she like..really slutty or is that my imagination? I mean she seems like she is..is she supposed to be?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    ok so..I've been watching Dr. Who. Started with classic Dr. Who. I'm up to the one now with Amy Pond and I have one question to ask....is she like..really slutty or is that my imagination? I mean she seems like she is..is she supposed to be?
    I wouldn't call her slutty. She's damaged, the Scottish girl in an English town with no parents, a terrible aunt, her childhood hugely impacted by a guy nobody believes is real and who promised to take her away from it all and see the grand universe. I recently rewatched The Eleventh Hour, and I felt immensely bad for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I wouldn't call her slutty. She's damaged, the Scottish girl in an English town with no parents, a terrible aunt, her childhood hugely impacted by a guy nobody believes is real and who promised to take her away from it all and see the grand universe. I recently rewatched The Eleventh Hour, and I felt immensely bad for her.
    Huh, I actually find this view of her pretty interesting. I personally couldn't stand her despite really wanting to like her. I tried to find excuses for her for a while but I never could. I was happy when she was replaced because in the end, no matter what her excuses might be she was slutty and rude quite simply not worthy of Rory.

I mean, here you have a guy that loves her so much that he waits for her for a thousand years and guards, protects and follows her, yet we truly know she would never do the same or even attempt to come close. She would likely go off, do her own thing and come back when the box is done cooking.

I've never felt bad for her myself, and truth be told found myself wishing that they would kill her off. (Though I must confess I think Karen Gillan is quite the good actress.]

So many times I told my X that Rory deserved better, but she would argue with me saying things like, "Who cares if she wants to sleep with the doctor, she loves Rory", and "Rory is just a sissy, he needs to get over it." (Of course the X was way sluttier than Amy could have ever been- hence the X- but that's a story for another time.)

I think the reason I didn't like her is because the girl I was with while Amy was the companion was so much like her and I guess I was like Rory. I loved her far more than she could have ever returned to me and that made me feel sorry for Rory because Amy was the same way - despite Moffats attempt to make her the human aspect she turned out to be a broken thing that really couldn't grasp at the heart of humanity. She quite simply didn't understand it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle