Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    They didn't show the last meeting River has with the doctor. The one in which he gives her the sonic screwdriver.
    The beginning of that final date was shown in the Last Night short. I'm not sure they plan to ever show us the rest, as it would mostly be depressing.

I just realized that the Doctor has regenerated in one of only two places.

1. Inside the TARDIS
    2. If not in the TARDIS at the moment he changes his appearance, he is always on Earth.

That is...except the EIGHTH Doctor. He regenerated on Karn.

1. One became Two inside the TARDIS.
    2. Two became Three as he was inside the TARDIS en route to Earth.
    3. Three became Four at UNIT HQ on Earth.
    4. Four became Five under the Pharos Project's radar telescope dish on Earth.
    5. Five became Six inside the TARDIS.
    6. Six became Seven inside the TARDIS.
    7. Seven became Eight in a San Francisco morgue on Earth.
    8. Eight became the War Doctor on Karn.
    9. the War Doctor became Nine inside the TARDIS at the end of the 50th anniversary Special.
    10. Nine became Ten inside the TARDIS.
    11. Ten became Eleven inside the TARDIS.
    12. Eleven became Twelve inside the TARDIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I just realized that the Doctor has regenerated in one of only two places.

1. Inside the TARDIS
    2. If not in the TARDIS at the moment he changes his appearance, he is always on Earth.

That is...except the EIGHTH Doctor. He regenerated on Karn.

1. One became Two inside the TARDIS.
    2. Two became Three as he was inside the TARDIS en route to Earth.
    3. Three became Four at UNIT HQ on Earth.
    4. Four became Five under the Pharos Project's radar telescope dish on Earth.
    5. Five became Six inside the TARDIS.
    6. Six became Seven inside the TARDIS.
    7. Seven became Eight in a San Francisco morgue on Earth.
    8. Eight became the War Doctor on Karn.
    9. the War Doctor became Nine inside the TARDIS at the end of the 50th anniversary Special.
    10. Nine became Ten inside the TARDIS.
    11. Ten became Eleven inside the TARDIS.
    12. Eleven became Twelve inside the TARDIS.
    the main reason he regenerates inside the tardis so much is that its easier to keep those final scenes secret
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the main reason he regenerates inside the tardis so much is that its easier to keep those final scenes secret
    Also makes lots of sense story-wise. A regeneration is one of the moments he is the most vulnerable. Hard to find a better place than inside the Tardis to be safe.
    Oh, hi.

"For the first time in any media, Titan Comics will combine the forces of the Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Doctors in a five-part crossover event running from mid-August until the end of September. The story will run in place of the currently ongoing "Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor," "Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor" and "Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor" series for the duration of the event.

As revealed by the The Hollywood Reporter, comics writer Paul Cornell -- who has contributed to multiple aspects of the "Who" franchise over the years -- will tackle the event, uniting three of the twelve regenerations of the Doctor from BBC's longest-running sci=fi television series. Cornell has written for the "Doctor Who" television show in the past, penning episodes "Father’s Day," "Human Nature" and "Family of Blood" as well as the Hugo Award-nominated "The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who" one-shot comic.

Though there aren't very many details available about the plot, the crossover will pick up from ongoing comics storylines and feature current TV companion Clara Oswald, plus comic book originals like Gabriella Gonzalez and Alice Obiefune"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59421

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    That's going to be freaking AWESOME. Reckon we'll be able to get it Comixology?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

theyve got all three series on there so i assume so

https://www.comixology.com/search?search=doctor+who

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Between that and the current Thor run I'm going to have a lot of comics to read .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird question, how many British people like/watch Doctor Who?

I asking this because I had this British guy come in to where I work at, and British people visit where I live in US. So would it be racist/nationalist if I mentioned Doctor Who to him?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Weird question, how many British people like/watch Doctor Who?

I asking this because I had this British guy come in to where I work at, and British people visit where I live in US. So would it be racist/nationalist if I mentioned Doctor Who to him?
    alot of british people watch doctor who, its one of bbcs most popular shows. not everyone watches it but majority of people know enough about it to be familiar with it and a couple monsters.

most people who dont watch the show still know what daleks and cybermen are.

I was in London for Christmas and none of my cousins or their friends watch Doctor Who. NONE. I was like "Oh hey, we should watch *the* Christmas special," and they were like, "What, the Queen's speech? That's boring." And then I said, "The Doctor Who Christmas Special," and they looked at me like I grew a third arm right from my forehead.

I guess I'm the only dork in my family.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I was in London for Christmas and none of my cousins or their friends watch Doctor Who. NONE. I was like "Oh hey, we should watch *the* Christmas special," and they were like, "What, the Queen's speech? That's boring." And then I said, "The Doctor Who Christmas Special," and they looked at me like I grew a third arm right from my forehead.

I guess I'm the only dork in my family.
    It was London
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

wont have to wait long for missy to make a return, shes showing up in the two part opener

"Michelle Gomez arrives in Cardiff this week to rejoin the Doctor Who cast and reclaim the role of ‘Missy’ for series 9. She joins Peter Capaldi (The Doctor) and Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald) for the opening story of the series.

Speaking in Cardiff, Michelle Gomez says: “Things have been a little beige since I left Missy behind, so I’m delighted to be putting my lippie back on. I’m positively dying to see The Doctor again!”

The second two-part story to be filmed, The Magician’s Apprentice and The Witch’s Familiar, is written by the show’s lead writer Steven Moffat, produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Hettie Macdonald (Blink, the Hugo Award-winning Doctor Who episode).

Steven Moffat, lead writer and Executive Producer, says: “Everybody hide – Michelle Gomez as Missy was an instant hit last year, so she’s straight back to plague the Doctor and Clara in the series opener. But what brings her back into their lives is the last thing they’d expect.”

Having filmed Day of the Doctor in the series’ 50th anniversary special and Dark Water and Death in Heaven in series 8, Jemma Redgrave returns to the guest cast for series 9, alongside the Laurence Olivier Award nominee and film, television, radio and stage actress Kelly Hunter.

A familiar theatre and television actress and one of the UK’s most proficient performers, Clare Higgins also joins the guest cast for the opening of the series. Jaye Griffiths has been gracing our screens in some of the nation’s favourite TV programmes such as Silent Witness and Casualty and also takes up a guest role in the opening story.

Other guest stars confirmed for the new series include Daniel Hoffmann-Gill, Jami Reid-Quarrell, Aaron Neil, India Ria Amarteifio, Joey Price, Dasharn Anderson, Harki Bhambra, Demi Papaminas.

Doctor Who is a BBC Cymru Wales production for BBC One and will be back on-air this Autumn."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/missy-b...ener-70966.htm

video link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...8-cecba867a99f

- - - Updated - - -

so the first four episodes of series 9 are two parters.

thats pretty cool. then there is the two parter finale. thats 3 two parters this series

I dislike the forced cliff hanger nature of the modern two parter, but still very happy to see Missy back to early, stole the show for me last year.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

the cliffhangers can be a little bit annoying but i feel like the first and last episode of a series are the best time for two parters or extended episodes.

from fan polls the most generally agreed upon best openers for a series are day of the moon and deep breath and i think thats because theyre both 2 parters/extended, i think both of those episodes wouldnt be as good as they were without the room to breath and tell the story they want.

i know moffats said there will be a tighter bigger arc this series like series 6 so the parallels are kind of funny how now they'll both start and end in 2 parters.

i wonder if we'll finally find gallifrey. id really like to see omega

Are those comics considered cannon in the Whoniverse? Or sort of spin-offs/alternate stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Are those comics considered cannon in the Whoniverse? Or sort of spin-offs/alternate stories?
    the comics arent really considered canon unless mentioned or referenced. but most of them fit in during the downtime so theres no problem considering them canon since the majority of them dont conflict with anything in the show.

the audio stories however by big finnish are considered canon by moffat.

usually whenever moffat or rtd are asked about whether or not spin off media is canon theyre answer is "everything is canon unless the show says so"

so basically, if it conflicts in anyway with what the show says, its non canon, because the show is A canon, everything else is B canon.

- - - Updated - - -

"the Orphan Black Season 3 premiere will reach even more eyeballs.

AMC Networks will air the April 18 opener simultaneously at 10PM across AMC, SundanceTV, IFC and We TV, in addition to BBC America, Variety reports.

The move could help expand the critically acclaimed drama’s audience as it seeks to break big in an effort to safeguard its future.

AMC Networks chief operating officer Ed Carroll, said:

‘Orphan Black’ is a truly outstanding original series that has attracted consistent and widespread critical acclaim as well as a considerable, growing following from viewers. AMC Networks is a channel group known for high-quality storytelling and creating a premiere television event for ‘Orphan Black’ is a perfect opportunity to use our programming assets to help extend the reach of this quality series.”"

http://seriable.com/orphan-black-season-3-premiere-break-big-across-amc-network-channels/

considering doctor who is bbc americas other big heavy hitter do you think we might see a similar treatment to expand doctor whos audience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Orphan Black so much. It's the best show since... Sliced bread

Also, they do really need to bring Omega back don't they... Maybe that'll be the "Big Finale" moffat has planned for season 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wont have to wait long for missy to make a return, shes showing up in the two part opener
    I really hope she's better realised this time around. Once the "reveal" was made (if you can even call it that, it was pretty freakin' obvious she was the Master) the character took a nose-dive in terms of being a threat, like suddenly she was incompetent, and was nowhere near the legendary Master. People really need to go back and watch Roger Delgado's Master, and Ainley's performance in Survival to get a grasp of the character.

Anyway, finally got caught up on this past season, it was pretty poor. Capaldi is great, but everything else has been super thin. I'm waiting for some actual meat to show up, for the darkness and depth that was promised by Moffat. First seasons with a new Doctor tend to be shaky, so we'll see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"