Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    isnt that how they solved the 50th? made all the zygons and all the people not know which is which so they would both stop arguing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think so yeah, what's why I'm thinking they could go along that route, they've already kinda laid the groundwork to set it up.
    The Doctor said in that episode, though, that the memory whammy would only last a few hours. So either the real Osgood died, or a Zygon Osgood decided to (for some reason) let themselves get killed rather than shapeshift to fight the Master. Which means this 'new' Osgood is either the original (which means a Zygon died for 'reasons'), or a Zygon just pretending (which I'm not sure works, since previously we've seen that the Zygons keep their originals alive so they can maintain the copy).

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why they had her constantly going back n' forth from her job to adventures back to a job... that's.... why bother? Friggin 50 years of companions never had to do that...
    I'm guessing that was supposed to be part of what made her different from other companions. She didn't just jump into the TARDIS and fly away with the Doctor when he crooked his finger at her; she made him "come back tomorrow and ask me again", and she always had the Doctor proving that he wanted to travel with her, and that she was not "a bargain basement stand-in for someone else" (when he was still figuring out the whole 'impossible girl' thing and thinking she was the most recent incarnation rather than being the original). Also, with Rory and Amy he'd learned that companions do need to live some of their own lives (recall that he left them behind more than once), so I suppose not having her on-board 24/7 like Doctors 1-10 made some amount of sense to him.
    Last edited by Khime; 2015-05-11 at 02:39 AM.

ITS HABBENEINGZ @_@

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    ITS HABBENEINGZ @_@

Fuck, it is not Tennant. He would look much better as a lego.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That's for that Lego Dimensions game. It also includes mini Portal 2 figurines and Simpsons, Back to the Future etc a s expansion packs..

I wonder what about that Lego Ideas full set from while ago :O

Anyway I'd be surprised if Lego didn't expand into full DW line in the future (like they did with Minecraft for example). Then we should see more Doctors hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

"Steven Moffat will continue on for Series 10 of Doctor Who, according to an article at Wales Online.

In a brief interview with the showrunner they conclude the piece with:

“Having just signed up for another year of Doctor Who, and with the ongoing success of Sherlock, Moffat’s place in the Tardis of broadcasting in Wales looks secure. And for that, we really can be very grateful.”

Of course it’s not official, but it doesn’t seem unlikely. Moffat previously stated that he isn’t having any trouble coming up with ideas, and his more recent interview in DWM didn’t seem to indicate Series 9 would be his last."

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...s-10-73679.htm
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay... So probably another year of Clara as well. Wonderful.

I'll reserve judgement till after season 9, but I feel like 8 was good, but not as good as it COULD have been, without Clara .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Plenty of possibilities for Osgood

1. This isn't Osgood, but a memory hologram backup of Osgood.
    2. This isn't Osgood, but a Zygon that took her form.
    3. She didn't die. She just jumped into a painting and is free again.
    4. She didn't die. The Master killed a fake Osgood (a hologram or something).
    5. Osgood has a twin.
    6. Osgood traveled through time and this is her from the past.
    7. Its actually Romana. She's back and regenerated to look like Osgood.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't Osgood, but a Zygon that took her form.
    I think that's the most likely, they came to a deal to all share the planet so they are still on earth just in human disguise.

Yay... So probably another year of Clara as well. Wonderful.
    Please god no, her death at christmas which mimicked matt smiths was perfect for the character the only unresolved plot was Danny :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Please god no, her death at christmas which mimicked matt smiths was perfect for the character the only unresolved plot was Danny :/
    Nothing unresolved. His plot was the only good part of hers... He loved, died, became a robot and sacrificed himself to save everyone. Awesome.

She REALLY should have left at Christmas...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    She REALLY should have left at Christmas...
    i agree. Her story seems played out. They're gunna have to reboot her storyline somehow to give her a reason to be there. Which would need to be a short one given she's only got 1-2 years left of being there?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Plenty of possibilities for Osgood

7. Its actually Romana. She's back and regenerated to look like Osgood.
    Wouldn't be the first time she's done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i agree. Her story seems played out. They're gunna have to reboot her storyline somehow to give her a reason to be there. Which would need to be a short one given she's only got 1-2 years left of being there?
    If she has two years left I don't think I'll be able to handle it... Frankly if she's not written out by the end of this season I'll be SO pissed.

Unless of course she STOPS being the fucking focus of the show, which goes back to actually being Doctor Who and about the Doctor. Then she can stay for a while, I guess.

WHOUFFLE CONFIRMED! i knew it, i told you :P

"It seems Steven Moffat has different ideas to Peter Capaldi when it comes to how he views the Twelfth Doctor and Clara’s relationship.

Speaking at the recent BAFTA NY panel Moffat said: “We’re in a very different place with the Doctor and Clara in the modern series, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the early stages of the Twelfth Doctor trying to pretend he doesn’t fancy Clara – ‘Oh you’re ugly! Disgusting! … Stop looking so good!’”

“In truth, in most cases with the Doctor he always loves them more than they love him. That’s his story. He’s always besotted with them even though he’s trying to pretend that he isn’t.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...lara-73785.htm

"Steven Moffat has admitted that episode 11 of Series 9 is proving to be one of his most challenging scripts to finish yet.

Speaking at last week’s BAFTA NY panel he said: “I’ve got a script where I’ve set myself a ludicrous challenge.

“When episode 11 comes up in the next series of Doctor Who, you’ll see just how ludicrous a challenge I’ve set myself. Dear god! I’m in a state of panic about it.

“Even now, sitting here I am thinking, when I get back tonight could I just try another way of doing it? Remaining calm and knowing that even though the director is joining next week you’re going to have to wait until it’s right.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/episode...-yet-73774.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is as in love with Clara as you are Moffat. Just stop it and let her go

Deleted
    Damn, I really should finish the last season of Dr. Who!

15+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is as in love with Clara as you are Moffat. Just stop it and let her go
    She's the best <3
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    She's the best <3
    Yup, she's the best at totally killing any potential season 9 has and ruining Peter Capaldi's run by making the show too much about her and not enough about him.

the cold never bothered moffat anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehehehehehe.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to argue with that