Deleted

People becoming more unhelpful

I don't know if anybody else noticed that the players have become more unhelpful. Maybe it was also that way in WotLK but back then I didn't really notice.
    Anyway why are people still leaving after 1 wipe, once I've had 4 people leave in 1 HC I don't understand that, they must know by now that the HC's aren't easy anymore so why should you leave after 1 wipe? Instead of looking what was wrong and try it again, and don't just blame the healer or tank. And people being arrogant if you're not fully HC geared yet.

Also when I see somebody dying while questing in Tol Barad or somewhere else I always help them out ( if they're alliance ofc ) but people never seem to help me out they rather watch me get killed, even if they're just standing there.
    This stuff is just some of the things I noticed only began in Cataclysm, or I was always lucky with the PuGs I got in WotLK.
    So has anyone else noticed this to, or is it just me?

As for dungeons. Some people are elitist, or realize they dont have time to do the dungeon, or are just tired of wiping. Thats what i think anyways.

You can normally tell how fail a group is going to be after the first or second wipe. So i guess most people see why they wiped and leave off that.

Example: lack of heals, tank a can't hold aggro, terrible dps, etc.
    Crymeabubble - level 80 Paladin on Shadowmoon (TBC main)
    Crymeaboom - level 80 Druid on Shadowmoon (WOTLK / CATA main)
    Ithilen- level 80 Hunter on Shadowmoon (WOTLK main)

Deleted
    probably they didnt read the "be nice, not naughty" thread yet

My theory is that people who run with guilds, they experience this little thing I like to call, The Royal Treatment. Its when they do a bunch of heroics or dungeons or raids with their guild and it all goes perfectly. Whether they were carried or pulled their weight. Thats the Royal Treatment. Thats the way they think heroics normally roll. So when they join a PuG with reasonably skilled people and they wipe once or twice by accident they perceive that as a bad run because they've been used to easily going though without wipes. So since they now think a wipe in a PuG that was going reasonably well is a terrible horrible thing that never happens, they bail on the group.

Thats my theory anyways. ^_^' Other times the Royal Treatment might be because people joined mid-Wrath and they grew up thinking heroics are suposed to be that easy. This is the launch of an X-Pak though and its nothing like that. But not like they would know that.

Alot of people havent caught on that despite having the elitest attitude they arent actually part of the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Alot of people havent caught on that despite having the elitest attitude they arent actually part of the elite.
    amen

merry christmas <3

Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Besides those who ARE elite.

As a healer, you get 12minutes to show me you can do this. I watch recount, how often the DPS are ripping agro and standing in the fire. How the tank manages each pull and then when were on the first boss are they able to quickly pick up the mechanics or is it going to be a wipe fest? My investment ends at 12minutes as I can get another group in 0-2minutes. So if the tank sucks, is poorly geared and wants to spend the next 2 hours wiping then yes I will bail asap. I have stuck it out as many as 4-6 retries but when it was clear that they could not master the mechanic they were dying to or show progress I leave. When I do find a competent group I typically stay and re-queue with them several times.

Unintended consequences from the implementation of LFD. While leveling people would stand around certain mobs to tag them first and no one would bother to make a group so everyone can get credit. It was so funny I was in Twilight Highlands and I had invited a dwarf pally to party up as we were both waiting for a mob to respawn. That pally didn't even join my invite until after he realized I tagged the mob first.

The people bouncing after a single wipe are just the bads that don't want to put forth any effort into anything they do. Be glad they left.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    Besides those who ARE elite.
    Not THAT elite, if they have to resort to running instances with the LFD-system :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chibento View Post
    I don't know if anybody else noticed that the players have become more unhelpful. Maybe it was also that way in WotLK but back then I didn't really notice.
    Anyway why are people still leaving after 1 wipe, once I've had 4 people leave in 1 HC I don't understand that, they must know by now that the HC's aren't easy anymore so why should you leave after 1 wipe? Instead of looking what was wrong and try it again, and don't just blame the healer or tank. And people being arrogant if you're not fully HC geared yet.

Also when I see somebody dying while questing in Tol Barad or somewhere else I always help them out ( if they're alliance ofc ) but people never seem to help me out they rather watch me get killed, even if they're just standing there.
    This stuff is just some of the things I noticed only began in Cataclysm, or I was always lucky with the PuGs I got in WotLK.
    So has anyone else noticed this to, or is it just me?
    well in wrath if you wiped it was usually because you were a bad group thats why you didnt notice it much but as for now someone else answered it in part a lot of the time you can tell how the group is gonna do very early on and if that group seems beyond help ppl will just drop the group (i never drop for what its worth) as for helping in tol barad well im not paying attention to other ppls health bars when im questing so unless i see you with like 4 things on you im not gonna notice you struggling you mentioned ppl just standing there i tend to go afk if i see someone killing the mobs i need, it gives you a chance to get your kills while i get some food or w.e i need at any given time ofc all this is just answering on my behalf but im sure its the same for other ppl out there so there yah go

Pugging will always bring the worst out in people that are just unfriendly. Pug at your own risk, even though some have no other choice. Such is the way of the world.