Archaeology/gold sink idea!

So, after completing over 150 NE projects at 525 archaeology, and being a man of little patience (not sure how i made it this far) I came up with an idea what Blizzard should do, I know this will kind of go against their idea of epics being hard to obtain and what not, but who else agrees they should put in a 25k gold or other fair amount cost to choose whatever epic you want to pop up next? Yes, some of you will hate it cause it goes against the RNG'ness but I am just tired of trying for this for so long, let alone needing to get the staff next.

Deleted
    They wouldn't be 'rare' then would they? And 25k isn't really that hard to get these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Farm, Less Microtransactions
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Archaeology is fine. The whole point is for it to be RNGd.
    Blizzard never get anything right because people complain when nothing is wrong.
    Just get over it.

As i said, i know it goes against RNG but there needs to be more gold sinks, or maybe the feature could become availabloe after like 100 solves or whatever

Just add a harrison jones fragment trader, problem solved.
    Beta Club

I'd rather buy something that helps me do archaeology instead of buying the actual item. For instance I'd pay 10k for a more accurate survey tool

Why not just have an option to pay gold to an NPC, and he'll reshuffle your current dig site locations?

Maybe some guy in a bar "Hey, I heard some good places to find some rare, ancient treasures... Want to hear? It'll be 25g!" and then when you do that, it resets your dig sites, as if you just found all your current dig sites. That way, you can see this guy until you get, for example, three Troll digs, if you're willing to spend 75g on him or more...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just like the ability to blacklist sites, like, say, Fossil dig sites, seeing as those went useless around 225 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Why not just have an option to pay gold to an NPC, and he'll reshuffle your current dig site locations?

Maybe some guy in a bar "Hey, I heard some good places to find some rare, ancient treasures... Want to hear? It'll be 25g!" and then when you do that, it resets your dig sites, as if you just found all your current dig sites. That way, you can see this guy until you get, for example, three Troll digs, if you're willing to spend 75g on him or more...
    I'm Eleos and I support this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    More Farm, Less Microtransactions
    Can it be considered a micro-transaction if it isn't real money?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'd just like the ability to blacklist sites, like, say, Fossil dig sites, seeing as those went useless around 225 for me.
    This, mother of god, this. I hate how the game seems to plot against me to give me the worst possible dig sites. I farm EK for dwarf nodes, for the staff obviously, and it seems as soon as I DON'T need fossil anymore (seeing as how I have both rares) it will only give me fossil and troll. I'm sitting at 841 fossil fragments because I don't need them and I stopped creating artifacts only 3 days ago.

Fossils need to DIAF. I have over 730 of them, and i've solved every rare and common artifact for them. I have nothing left to make with them other than useless vendor trash, which vendors for so little I could make more gold, faster by just doing dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakaxyy View Post
    I'd rather buy something that helps me do archaeology instead of buying the actual item. For instance I'd pay 10k for a more accurate survey tool
    Il'd do that and pay another 30k to remove the 5sec c/d :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakaxyy View Post
    I barely have 10k now, but I would pay for this! I need to get my skill maxed but haven't found the will to purely because the inaccurate surveryor contradicts itself half the time leading to me screaming at it

Don't like the OPs idea, no amount of gold should guarantee you something, it would kill the profession

I'd like the option to turn off digsites. Like after you find all of the rares from a race you can have the option (could cost gold) to not get anymore of those digsites. An artifact trader would work too. After finishing all 7 night elf rares I've quit solving them and am over 1300 fragments for them now. It's getting crazy.