Deleted

Affliction Lock Reforging + Pet

Was wondering what is the reforging like now for affli locks? haste>crit>mastery ? Also i heard that felhunter >succubus. I use 31/0/10 spec. Thx !

Reforging
    Now, I may be wrong, but from what I have seen from EJ its Haste>Mastery> Crit. Master and Crit are very close but haste still reigns supreme for affliction locks.

Pet choice
    Get ready, we use two pets in a boss fights, start off with your succubus and when the boss gets down to around 26% Soulburn: Summon Felhunter and proceed to Demon soul for the extra 20% to dot Damage. Now I'm not sure if Drain Soul is considered a DOT ( my recount says it is) but it seems that this little trick nets the highest DPS due to the nature of affliction Locks doing a high amount of damage in the execute phase.

I hope this helps

You're using two pets a boss fight? Interesting.

I'd love to see what kind of numbers you're putting up using both pets.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

might be a bit offtopic but..

There has been some talk about pet swapping for a few bosses for other specs as well, except for destro...lucky bastards.

for demo single target bosses succi seems to reign supreme for dps (though by a small margin) than the felguard, while for multi target fights felguard is still on top. there was a nice post with a comment by gherkin regarding this somewhere.

just my 2 cents,

Quote Originally Posted by Spookyfish View Post
    Reforging
    Now, I may be wrong, but from what I have seen from EJ its Haste>Mastery> Crit. Master and Crit are very close but haste still reigns supreme for affliction locks.

Pet choice
    Get ready, we use two pets in a boss fights, start off with your succubus and when the boss gets down to around 26% Soulburn: Summon Felhunter and proceed to Demon soul for the extra 20% to dot Damage. Now I'm not sure if Drain Soul is considered a DOT ( my recount says it is) but it seems that this little trick nets the highest DPS due to the nature of affliction Locks doing a high amount of damage in the execute phase.

I hope this helps
    I've yet to see a parse of a top affliction warlock switching pets 3/4 of the way through a fight, you do realize that the majority of our dps as affliction comes from our DoTs, not shadow bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emonglock View Post
    I've yet to see a parse of a top affliction warlock switching pets 3/4 of the way through a fight, you do realize that the majority of our dps as affliction comes from our DoTs, not shadow bolt.
    I haven't looked at many numbers, but it stands to reason that if the only reason we use the puppy at all is demon soul. Then having the succi out the rest of the time would be a dps gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its only a 2 minute cooldown, so a 5 minute (for example Argaloth's enrage timer in BH) boss fight allows you 2 Demon Soul casts. One early with Succubus, and one at execute with puppy. Quad damage+20%. Ouch!

We had trouble on Festergut back when ICC was new (with no buff) and we had 2 locks in our team. Focusing on the execute phase between us got us our first kill... delay Heroism for 26%, pop Haste pots and then Drain Soul, so that quad damage can make a difference.

But the EJ original post doesn't look like it has been updated with Demon Soul's buffs. Does anyone have any hard maths on a 6 minute dps with Succubus vs 6 minutes with puppy with 3 burns of Demon Soul in each? A lot of damage is done by the DoTs, and maybe it isn't compensated for by Succ's personal damage. Maybe there is a magical crossover point. 6 minutes use Felpuppy, but an 8 minute fight would be better with Succ/Felhunter combo.

Back to the OP though, reforge everything into Haste, if you can't reforge to Haste, reforge to Mastery (once you've hit the Hit cap preferably via Blue gems to activate your Chaotic Meta).

I'm terrible at math personally, But I can't see a Succubus' dps and shadow bolt demon soul outweighing fel hunter and demon souling it.
    Our DoTs account for too much of our dmg. but yes, if someone has the math it'd be great to see.

Off topic WTB a legit BiS list, or atleast trinket rankings. There is NOTHING I can find

Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    Its only a 2 minute cooldown, so a 5 minute (for example Argaloth's enrage timer in BH) boss fight allows you 2 Demon Soul casts. One early with Succubus, and one at execute with puppy. Quad damage+20%. Ouch!

We had trouble on Festergut back when ICC was new (with no buff) and we had 2 locks in our team. Focusing on the execute phase between us got us our first kill... delay Heroism for 26%, pop Haste pots and then Drain Soul, so that quad damage can make a difference.
    You do know that since 4.0.1. Drain soul deals only 2x dmg <25%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    But the EJ original post doesn't look like it has been updated with Demon Soul's buffs. Does anyone have any hard maths on a 6 minute dps with Succubus vs 6 minutes with puppy with 3 burns of Demon Soul in each? A lot of damage is done by the DoTs, and maybe it isn't compensated for by Succ's personal damage. Maybe there is a magical crossover point. 6 minutes use Felpuppy, but an 8 minute fight would be better with Succ/Felhunter combo.
    And what about the initial Demon Soul on a >2min fight? Outside of execute is Puppy+Soul>Succi+Soul for those 20sec? Could the DPS gain justify the use of 2 soul burns to go Puppy>Succi>Puppy on a fight?

And slightly OT, but am I imagining things, or did the Succi burn use to be 10sec of +10% shadow damage in early beta?