Need true details on Shadow Orbs

My damage done isn't bad in a raid. I'm usually in the top 10 when I'm doing a 25m. I've noticed however that some shadow priests get the orb going around the target. When an orb comes up, I do hit my MB and go into mind flay and usually by then Archangel comes up.
    How do you really get the Orbs to go around the target and what am I doing wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuuh thats probably a trinket effect or an addon/UI conflict. I've never seen orbs circle a target, or ever heard of that.
    Was there any noticable effect to the orbs circling the target other than the graphic?

Deleted
    It's a trinket, more specifically it's: http://www.wowhead.com/item=63839

Just a pretty animation.

They were shadow orbs just like the ones that circle us. And it's not the trinket, it's probably mastery or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterdrink View Post
    They were shadow orbs just like the ones that circle us. And it's not the trinket, it's probably mastery or something.
    No. Shadow orb is a buff that affects the shadow priest only. It was a graphical effect of some other spell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post

Just a pretty animation.
    I use this on my shadow priest, while dpsing I sometimes got a shadow orb floating around the target.
    Its a bit bigger then normal shadow orbs and it's black, like the old troll Shadowguard ability

My damage done isn't bad in a raid. I'm usually in the top 10 when I'm doing a 25m. I've noticed however that some shadow priests get the orb going around the target. When an orb comes up, I do hit my MB and go into mind flay and usually by then Archangel comes up.
    How do you really get the Orbs to go around the target and what am I doing wrong?
    Just curious - nothing personal towards you - but when people say "Top 10 in a 25" i assume 5-6 healers 2-3 tanks, so 7-9 people don't matter.

That leaves 14-16 dps. Top 10 means there are anywhere from 4 to 15 people worse than you, so I fail to see how that's meaningful.

Are there people under you that have the same basic build/spec as people over you? If so that would be an RNG/Gear/Skill issue and nothing to do with spec. What classes/specs are always under you? Is your assertion that the class is fine because you can outskill people that should be over you?

Sorry but I'm interested because frankly I can't see where the "top 10" matters, if you look at wow meters online it's pretty simple: single target fights we're at the bottom of all classes but where we can potentially gib adds or tab dot we are middle of the pack. We only consistently beat certain shaman and paladin dps.

So hooray, you're top 10... but if everyone was equal footing skill, rng and gearwise you just wouldn't be.

Top 10 in a 25 means I'm usually always in the top 10 damage done. This other shadowpriest does have a little bit better gear than me with similiar talents but I'm usually pulling more damage than her. She does not wear that trinket and I'm thinking it is a graphical error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post

Just a pretty animation.
    It is indeed and totally this. I have it, as well as I'm Spriest, and I've tested it on various encounters.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Mastery, there is no way for you to make Shadow Orbs proc on another target.

Someone in your raid was using the Harmlight Token

In fact, I know who it was. It was the Gnome Mage in your guild called Splix. Go look at his armory and you can see he is wearing it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-12-29 at 12:14 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with Mastery, there is no way for you to make Shadow Orbs proc on another target.

Someone in your raid was using the Harmlight Token

In fact, I know who it was. It was the Gnome Mage in your guild called Splix. Go look at his armory and you can see he is wearing it.
    GNOME mage?...u do realize that she's a blood elf priest? (look at her signature)
    u probably mean the GOBLIN warlock :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    GNOME mage?...u do realize that she's a blood elf priest? (look at her signature)
    u probably mean the GOBLIN warlock :P
    > < That's the one, I am a lot more sleepy than I thought.

Darn shorties all lookin' the same *munblegrumble*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/splix/simple

Anyhow, there's the offending trinket.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Darn shorties all lookin' the same *munblegrumble*
    Being the statuesque Draenei that I am and about seven feet tall or so apparently, I concur with this. It's the distance.