Thread: Headsets.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Headsets.

Hello MMO-champion friends,

So yesterday my folks got me a Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset, now I am very thankful for this and have always wanted one, but now that I've gotten it and tried it, I realize how much it just doesn't work for me. The ear pieces are way too small to really connect onto one's own ears, rather they just sit on your ears, but let's say you look down, they'll just fall right off your head! Now that is just something I've experienced with one set of headphones before, and I returned them outright. I love the sound these things put out, it sounds amazing, but I just can't stand having a headset that barely fits my big ol' fat head and falls right off. (I have it extended to its largest size.)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...&skuId=8987518

^ClearChat wireless

Now my question to you all, is what should I maybe get over these? I'd love to stay wireless and with a USB headset, as the USB is just amazingly better. I was looking at the G930, a little steep, though I could afford it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...&skuId=1388362
    I see Best Buy has it on sale for a cheap $130, which would be nice.

I've also heard plenty of good things about the G35:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...&skuId=9257163
    Whose price has been chopped in half and I'd get $35 back from the ClearChat headset. Though it's wired, it is USB and I've heard tons of great things.

Also, there's the Creative ones for WoW... not really sure about them:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Creative...&skuId=9825206

So, any ideas? I'm open to other ideas too.

---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 03:56 AM ----------

Even if you just want to post what you use, that'll help more than 0 posts. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of my Razor Characias, I don't like USB headsets because I have a good sound card in my computer and USB acts as your sound card, and usually conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulveriser View Post
    I'm a big fan of my Razor Characias, I don't like USB headsets because I have a good sound card in my computer and USB acts as your sound card, and usually conflicts.
    How long have you had it? There's the typical conflicting customer reviews for that one on bestbuy.com. 'Course, there's always a problem with everything, right? :P Nothing can be perfect for everyone! haha
    "A flower.

The G930 is essentially the exterior of a G35 containing updated hardware - if you have to choose between the two, get the G930. (I have a G930 myself, works great with WoW, and for general audio use)

From what I've read, the creative WoW headset is shoddily built and has pretty dodgy drivers - the logitech headsets at least has updated beta drivers available to the public.

Deleted
    Steelseries, nuff said. (not with the neckband tho)

I'd recommend the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset (I couldn't get onto bestbuy for some reason), I have it myself and it is perfect for the price, detachable microphone piece as well. It is extremely resilient as I've dropped, sat on, stepped on mine numerous times and it still works perfectly after a number of years. The ear pieces cover my whole ear fine and it is adjustable enough to make it sit on my head snugly and comfortably as well.

Also, unless you really don't want a cord, I normally keep to the rule that wireless = bad, unless you're paying massive amounts of money for an item like a keyboard/mouse/headset, which doesn't seem to be the case here!
    original playboy.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265068

plantronics .audio 665 headset. crisp sound in. crisp sound out. comfortable? YES! i, too, cant stand headsets that are uncomfortable, but i raid roughly 13 hours a week and never have these gotten uncomfortable for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I'd recommend the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset (I couldn't get onto bestbuy for some reason), I have it myself and it is perfect for the price, detachable microphone piece as well. It is extremely resilient as I've dropped, sat on, stepped on mine numerous times and it still works perfectly after a number of years. The ear pieces cover my whole ear fine and it is adjustable enough to make it sit on my head snugly and comfortably as well.

Also, unless you really don't want a cord, I normally keep to the rule that wireless = bad, unless you're paying massive amounts of money for an item like a keyboard/mouse/headset, which doesn't seem to be the case here!
    I follow this saying, for everything other than headsets. Wireless headsets can be good, though mice and keyboards, those are the things you really want to keep wired.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Steelseries, nuff said. (not with the neckband tho)
    I agree with this.

I've been using my Steelseries steelsound 5Hv2 headset for two years now exactly and I have nothing bad to say at all. I have stretched ears, so I needed a big headset. Very comfortable and high quality products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So yesterday my folks got me a Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset, now I am very thankful for this and have always wanted one, but now that I've gotten it and tried it, I realize how much it just doesn't work for me. The ear pieces are way too small to really connect onto one's own ears, rather they just sit on your ears, but let's say you look down, they'll just fall right off your head! Now that is just something I've experienced with one set of headphones before, and I returned them outright. I love the sound these things put out, it sounds amazing, but I just can't stand having a headset that barely fits my big ol' fat head and falls right off.
    This. I got the EXACT SAME headset for xmas, ive always wanted a headset so, Ive already got a replacement one, which im gessing cost arround the same ammount.

It's simply a Philips Stereo PC Headset, Insanely more comfortable then the logitech one due to it covering the entire ear instead, Try it if your price range aint too high.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

I use a Razer Carcharias and love it. Either way, I agree with most of other folks here in saying that a headset that actually fits over your entire ear is infinitely superior than some small piece of shit that just sits over them and causes soreness after 30 minutes.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Hey, just wanted to thank you for this thread. About a month or two ago I was gonna go ahead and drop the 130 bucks on the G35s, but decided to just wait. I clicked the link in this thread and saw they're on sale for 65 bucks atm and decided to buy em. Sure will be nice having a mic that doesn't pick up the noise from my computer fans. =D

Deleted
    Me personally, i use an A40 and mix amp from astro gaming. Ive used many headsets over the years, including steel series, and i have to say, this eats all headsets in terms of quality and performance. Id never look back after this. Steel series now feels insignificant over them. Period. Plis i can use it on my xbox and Pc.

If you have $200 to splash out on headset and amp combo, do it.

As a side note, wired over anything wireless. Much better performances, no packet loss and no worrying about having to throw it on charge at any moment.

I use the wireless wow headset. My last headset was the logitech G35 headset. The Wow headset has amazing sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulveriser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I use a Razer Carcharias and love it. Either way, I agree with most of other folks here in saying that a headset that actually fits over your entire ear is infinitely superior than some small piece of shit that just sits over them and causes soreness after 30 minutes.
    Yea, I just got a Razer Carcharias for christmas and I'm absolutely loving it. Very comfortable and the sound quality is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    Hey, just wanted to thank you for this thread. About a month or two ago I was gonna go ahead and drop the 130 bucks on the G35s, but decided to just wait. I clicked the link in this thread and saw they're on sale for 65 bucks atm and decided to buy em. Sure will be nice having a mic that doesn't pick up the noise from my computer fans. =D
    Yeah, saving half the price on a G35 is a pretty nice catch that's for sure! Though, updated drivers is good too, and the G930 only being $30 more might be what I go for.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265068

plantronics .audio 665 headset. crisp sound in. crisp sound out. comfortable? YES! i, too, cant stand headsets that are uncomfortable, but i raid roughly 13 hours a week and never have these gotten uncomfortable for me.
    Used one of these for 2 years, highly recommended for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also, there's the Creative ones for WoW... not really sure about them:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Creative...&skuId=9825206

So, any ideas? I'm open to other ideas too.
    Stay away from this one, or at least I personally had a very bad experience with it. I picked these up, put them on, and everything on my end was pristine. Very comfortable, great quality, wireless range was nice. But everyone on vent said I sounded like I had marbles in my mouth. My old ones that were hanging by a wire sounded better, said my guild. Check the comments:
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-...3427954&sr=8-1
    Frustrated that I could never really notice the problem myself, I returned them. I later picked up a SteelSeries when I went to Blizzcon, which I'm very happy with. http://steelseries.com/us/products/a...ies-siberia-v2
    Last edited by Razia; 2010-12-27 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
    Me personally, i use an A40 and mix amp from astro gaming. Ive used many headsets over the years, including steel series, and i have to say, this eats all headsets in terms of quality and performance. Id never look back after this. Steel series now feels insignificant over them. Period. Plis i can use it on my xbox and Pc.

If you have $200 to splash out on headset and amp combo, do it.

As a side note, wired over anything wireless. Much better performances, no packet loss and no worrying about having to throw it on charge at any moment.
    Yeah, you can't go wrong with a tritton headset.
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happenend which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk. And we learned to listen.