Your items stats are void

This has probably already been pointed out somewhere along the line, but I have not seen it =/ so if you have disregard this message.
    Stats; Null and Void for non-class specific items (i.e. Plate wearers wearing cloth)

It has recently come to my attention that people in WoW have not noticed that if you can wear plate/mail/leather gear, and choose to wear something of lesser title (i.e. Druid wearing cloth, Shaman wearing Leather, Paladin wearing mail) then ALL stats are null and void except stamina, I'm not sure if the sockets are void or not but I would assume not.

I have seen a top-end guild on my server's Paladin wearing something of less than Plate, I told this paladin that all of his stats are null except stamina, and being the elitist that he is, ignored my comment, but I've tested this and have proven it to a number of people and they do believe me. But apparently, if it hasn't been posted on mmo-champion then it isn't real?

I'd like to ask for all the 'elitist' players out there that are wearing lesser armor then their class should be wearing, are noobs. And should uninstall WoW.

Blizzard have done a very sneaky job on what they've managed to accomplish, but they've done a gob smacking good job on what they intended. Now since the guild is top-end I assume that nothing like this has been posted on mmo-champion.

I thought I'd just like to make it clear to players out there, that they are noobs and should investigate more on their gear rather then shifting it and seeing if the stats are better... or at least check if they are receiving the stats or not.

If you require screenshot evidence I can send some pictures in within the time that I stop raiding since this message - (12am GMT+10)

GG, Oblîvion out.

The stats aren't voided, but they lose 5% of their primary stat, which is a huge drop in stats, typically more than the stat on the item.

Just like to point out you get a stat bonus if you wear the highest armor available to you. Are you sure you are discounting the bonus in your test and that why your stats are dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflzore
    so freya hard mode in tier 8.5 was a compleed walk in the park ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansib0i
    Judging by her surroundings.. yeah, it was a walk in the park.

Looks like someone lost a need roll on some mail.

Are you sure you didn't do something incorrectly? The only difference between wearing something that is your specialization and something that isn't is the 5% stat boost you gain in a particular category. I've tested this at 85 and lower levels and have not see what you are saying. If that was the case then Blizzard would cause issues for lower levels because until 50 you can use any piece of gear you can find that is itemized decently for you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired, so I'm probably just feeding the troll, but you simply lose your 5% bonus for wearing all gear of your standard armor class. The Plate/Cloth/Leather/Mail mastery bonus is to entice people to wear their proper gear.

In other words, what you wrote is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I know for a fact Magni's last words were "My body is now DIAMONDS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    it sucks because as a balance druid cloth always looks better than leather. i dont care if a have a talent that converts spirit to hit...... the cloth is far better itemized for me

This has been answered.

-closed-
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.