Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If it is a random dungeon, roll on whatever you want to roll on.
    Simple as that.

If there is an item you oh so badly need, roll into the dungeon with 4 friends, pray for the drop, then pat yourself on the back as your friends pass to you.

In a random dungeon, no one is entitled to anything, regardless of the item in question and the class/spec present.
    This is a risk you willingly accept when you queue.

I agree that tanks/healers can roll on what they need in dungeons/heroics, regardless of current spec.
    I also agree that DPS can roll on what they need in dungeons/heroics, regardless of current spec.

I only ever roll on gear for the spec I'm currently playing (tank / healer / dps) with one exception.

If I see the tank/healer rolling on DPS gear, I'll roll too. If I win I'll then pass it to the highest DPS roll, since they're the ones who should have had it.

Being able to roll Need doesn't give you the right to do so, and it doesn't matter what you say to justify it, you know deep down you're being an ass. It's because of people like you that I rarely tank or even queue in LFD any more.

Can we at least get DPS that know how to CC first? as well learn that they can no longer stand in things and live? I was in a heroic for well over 4 hours trying to help the three DPS I was placed with clear the zone. We did but only after about 500 gold in repairs on my end.

I am not sure what the issue is, but with 90% of the heroics I run the DPS seem to think they can live through everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are making the argument that they have seen a lot of dps take thier tanking, or healing gear. The problem is solved with you taking the dps gear if you are a tank or healer? I think not. Along with a few other people on this thread i believe that what ever you queue as, that is the gear you will be rolling on. If a piece of gear drops that you "must have", then politly ask if you can roll on it.

Not everyone has that polite side. But all in all I've seen if you give respect, you get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkquasar View Post
    A lot of people are making the argument that they have seen a lot of dps take thier tanking, or healing gear. The problem is solved with you taking the dps gear if you are a tank or healer? I think not. Along with a few other people on this thread i believe that what ever you queue as, that is the gear you will be rolling on. If a piece of gear drops that you "must have", then politly ask if you can roll on it.

Not everyone has that polite side. But all in all I've seen if you give respect, you get it back.
    I wish it worked that way, but sadly (at least from the experience of my friends and I) it's not the case.

Blizzard could fix it with one minor tweak, by rolls in order of importance:
    Need (main spec)
    Need (offspec)
    Greed / DE
    Pass

Need (main spec) would be the spec you were in when the boss dies (same as what you queued for), so if you were tanking and a DPS <insert item here> drops, you can only roll Need (offspec).
    This would help prevent those who want to need on things just to be asshats from doing so.
    I can give you stories of the ele shaman rolling and winning on the head piece from Grim Batol.
    I can give you stories of the pally tank rolling and winning the agi trinket off the same boss.
    Or the warrior who won the agi polearm from the first boss in Lost City.
    It happens all the time, but with the system above, they can only roll second prio at best, leaving the proper specs with first dibs.
    Whether they really need it or not is a different story, but this would fix half the problem that exists currently.

The only true solution is to run with a premade group of guildies/friends, but not everyone can do so.

AAs others have stated numerous times, as a dps I would gladly wait the extra 5 - 10 minutes it would take if classes rolled properly. The OP said himself that he only queues tank to shorten queue times, not because he actually enjoys it or is even any good at tanking. I have joined to many runs where the "tank" was trying to do it in dps gear, or was just terrible in general. It is extremely frustrating to wait 45min join a group that ACTUALLY works and have someone take your gear as OS and sit in queue for another 45min, hope you get the same instance, hope you get a competent group, and hope your item actually drops....

Easy fix is an OS roll option. Gear is already classified as what it is meant for, talent trees can be snapshotted at the start of each fight so you can roll need on your spec, OS for OS, and greed/DE for all else. However, blizz probably won't make our lives that easy.

Sorry, but to me, for the purpose of random groups, MS is the spec you joined as for that run, it doesn't matter if you are a dps in your raids and that you only consider tanking your OS, thats what you're doing for the run, thats what you roll as.

Running as a tank to speed up your queue is fine, but it means you have last choice on DPS gear, it is not fair to other MS DPSers who don't have the option to go as a tank or healer to take loot over them.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    Need (main spec) would be the spec you were in when the boss dies (same as what you queued for)
    Do you seriously not know that many people queue for more than one role? You queue for whatever role you are able and willing to fill then the LFD tool slots you into the first available group with an open slot of that type. Most people who are healing or tanking also queued for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    If it is a random dungeon, roll on whatever you want to roll on.
    Simple as that.

If there is an item you oh so badly need, roll into the dungeon with 4 friends, pray for the drop, then pat yourself on the back as your friends pass to you.

In a random dungeon, no one is entitled to anything, regardless of the item in question and the class/spec present.
    This is a risk you willingly accept when you queue.

I agree that tanks/healers can roll on what they need in dungeons/heroics, regardless of current spec.
    I also agree that DPS can roll on what they need in dungeons/heroics, regardless of current spec.
    I totally agree with your whole post. While in a raid with master looter, sure you give it to the ones who have roles to make the raid stronger. While in random dungeons roll on anything you need if you need it regardless of spec. It does make the queues shorter to have more people speced to tank or heal no matter what anyone claims, especially with the current what... 500 to 1? ratio of dps to tanks/healers in the random queue. I am guessing here becauses wait time as a tank/healer is usually 1-5 seconds, while dps wait time is 30-60 minutes. Also you only need 2 tank/heal for every 3 dps which means the disparity is actually probably greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihnt View Post
    It's not an ass move if they are allowed to roll on it.
    That doesn't make any sense.
    I've never ONCE complained about someone rolling on something for another role unless in the case of casters needing on spirit gear when it gives them no benefit.
    It's just gear.
    what are you talking about? more spirit = more mana. I can also reforge it!

so it gives benefits.

I can play this game too.

I mean, you can't complain. It has the need button, so I have a right to roll on it. I don't care that you are a healer and you want it. I can still use the item. All the stats but 1, of which I can reforge anyways on top of the mana regen, benefit ME.

Here is the deal. Tanks and healers get to roll on whatever they can use in a PUG heroic. DPS gear, tanking gear even healing gear as long as they can use it. Even if tanks and healers get accused of being a ninja and added to ignore lists. The dps pool is so big across every server in the region, about 5 million players, by the time they care if 1000 people don't want to run heroics anymore they will be in raids. Vote kick means you can queue up again and as a tank/healer that queue time is very very short.

So what does it mean? Queue up as a tank/healer to get your fast DPS gears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascen View Post
    I'm a druid and I queue up as a healer and DPS, pretty much every time I end up being healer. I firmly believe that I should be allowed to roll on DPS gear as I signed up as DPS also. I would not roll on feral gear as my o/s is balance so I would only need on caster gear.

It's not my fault the system picks me to be healer nearly every time. I'm sure alot, if not most, other players do the same thing. I could understand if we signed up for just healing..
    Wait, you signed up as a healer and dps and you got chosen as the heal? NO FECKING WAY DUDE!!!??? Who would have thought that heals get faster in a dungeons and therefor you will always (99%) be a heal in a dungeon if you queue for heal/dps? Man that must be rocket science for ninjas!!!!11

Why is a system that is around for over a decade now and was invented by normal MMO(RPG) players all of a sudden meaningless? Furthermore IT IS ENFORCED IN EVERY SERIOUS GUILD.
    But somehow it doesn't apply to the LFG system? Could it be because of the famous "LOLZ ILL NEVER SEE YOU LOZERS AGIAN ROLFLULZ"?
    Have your parents never taught you that even tho something is allowed, that you shouldn't do it when it is just an assholish move even to strangers?

"Do you seriously not know that many people queue for more than one role? You queue for whatever role you are able and willing to fill then the LFD tool slots you into the first available group with an open slot of that type. Most people who are healing or tanking also queued for DPS. "

But THEY KNOW that wont be chosen as DPS, so your point is nada.
    Last edited by mmoc0d8e6c2903; 2010-12-27 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceh789 View Post
    Do you seriously not know that many people queue for more than one role? You queue for whatever role you are able and willing to fill then the LFD tool slots you into the first available group with an open slot of that type. Most people who are healing or tanking also queued for DPS.
    I agree. If you queue up as tank/dps/heals you CAN roll on tank/dps/heals gear. Don't like it. Roll a Druid or a Paladin.

If the point of letting tanks/healers roll on dps gear, is to have shortest queues; than to keep them short we must ninja every tanking/healing drop we can, even if we cannot use them (such as on-use +healing trinket ninja'd by a mage).

Ninja'ing items from tanks/healers will keep them coming back. If they get all their stuff, they will simply stop queuing up.

OP must not understand how the concept of LINES work, so let me spell it out.

-DPS ques, 40 minute que. Looking to get a piece of loot.
    -DPS 40 minutes later gets to the front of the line. Tanks and healers bought themselves speed passes, so they get to skip the lines.
    -the loot that the DPS was looking for dropped, tank or healer needs for offspec. DPS still needs that item for raiding.
    -Here's the important part, DPS GOES TO THE BACK OF THE LINE AGAIN BECAUSE HE STILL NEEDS THE GEAR.

If tanks or healers didn't roll on DPS gear, the actual amount of players queing because they STILL need the gear would be significantly less, thus smaller que times.

Think of it like an amusement park. You wait an hour to ride that badass rollercoaster. You're up next in line, the train comes in and you move to the seat and some jackass pushes you out of the way and takes the seat. The machine operator sees you out of the line and tells you to get to the back of the line.

That's how DPS feel when tanks and healers roll need on DPS gear. Get a clue, OP.
    Last edited by bigfoot1291; 2010-12-27 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Queuing as tank/heals when your mainspec is dps is both unnecessary and not appreciated.

Queue as what you want to roll on...if not form a group in trade chat you a-holes.

"You have been kicked for -dumbass rolling on tank gear-"
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Angry much? When I queue up as tank/dps/heals with my Druid I always roll on gear for any of those specs. Don't like it queue up for the 45 min wait again. Vote kick me? I queue up again and get right in.

Kinda win win for Druids/Paladins right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how everyone is falling back on the "I que for dps as well" excuse knowing damn good and well they will be healing or tanking. I wonder how your healing/tanking set is good enough to do the job. Do you decide before the que which you will be choosing, or is it decided per boss? or maybe on what drops first?

Just another I heal or tank so I get what I want spoiled princess thread, you can argue about how you are doing it for our benefit by suppling additional healers/tanks to the pool but that's a load of crap. Wait your turn like everyone else if you want DPS gear it's that simple, if you are too self centered to understand that concept you are a sad person who doesn't care how your decisions effect other people.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    And then tanks and healers shouldn't bitch about dps "stealing" their tanking and healing gear.
    This.

If it isn't a run with friends, or possibly a progression group where assigning loot helps the whole, you shouldn't expect gear to be handed to you, especially in a random.

Once you get into the heart of things, it will all be sharded anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

roll on what you need, unless a guildy needs it worse than you do - in a few weeks all the gear you're worrying about right now will be long gone and ancient history