Simplified Magmaw guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAW6W...eature=channel

hopefully this helps some raids who are having trouble with this boss - broke it down and tried my best to explain it. With awful mspaint too!

Cheeers Jesse, Seems like a quite simple boss

it is!
    Once you get the stuff down it's simple...

As for the throne of 4 winds....
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu the sand windy guy and his stupid knock back..

Deleted
    I love you, no seriously I really do.

What can I say... I try :P

Ack I just hate these videos! Sorry, I'm not trying to troll and I'm sure you put effort into this, but...

Exactly the same strategy as the Tankspot video. I mean they're clearly the place to start for most people learning new bosses, ask why your video needs to be made. The real difference between yours and theirs is they just have better detail and explanation of mechanics. Yours is supposed to be simple, sure, but it's still like 7 minutes, theirs is 9 and explains things properly. If you're watching a video, you might as well watch a slightly longer one. Check out the Yogscast guides, they really nail briefness.

No mention of Ignite (wth?), what the Parasites do when they reach a player, timers, how long Mangle lasts, no mention at all of the armor reduction debuff.. all key information.

If I want a list of abilities, I'll go to Wowwiki. If I'm watching a video guide, I want insight! If you've done the fight and the viewer hasn't, the best thing you can do is explain what the abilities "feel" like. Which abilities should you blow cooldowns to survive through, which ones should you ignore, which ones should you time with Heroism, is tank damage high or trivial, how many healers should you bring and how should they be assigned, what are the fatal mistakes, what are you most likely to wipe from, is there significant downtime to regen, is there time between fireballs to heal up slowly or is it ohshitpanic time?

I get you're trying to put personality into the videos, but it's just unhelpful and annoying. That voice you put on.. ugh, it's so needlessly dramatic/loud/silly. I hate it when people try to be "wacky" because that's what people do on Youtube. It's not fun, it just made me turn off. And stop talking about your Paint picture.. it was just a normal picture, I don't get it. It's not that bad/interesting. It's just a helpful diagram.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 05:31 AM ----------

To counterbalance that, the 8bit thing at the start was cute, and you did explain Restricting Chains better than other videos I've seen.

Deleted
    lol, i'm sure this vid will help ppl, strat vids don't need to be all boring.
    love the vid, keep em coming!