Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Upcoming feral nurfs

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962

"Even after we fixed their mastery, Feral druid bleeds still do a lot of damage and are undispellable. We plan to shift some of that damage back to main attacks. They are also a little too hard to control. Given that they are already hard to root, snare, or polymorph, we think the fear immunity from Berserk is too much."

Fair nurfs in my opinion.

My only concern is I hope this won't spill over into pve.

Nerfing to bleeds is an indirect nerf to mastery. so it will spill over.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962

"Even after we fixed their mastery, Feral druid bleeds still do a lot of damage and are undispellable. We plan to shift some of that damage back to main attacks. They are also a little too hard to control. Given that they are already hard to root, snare, or polymorph, we think the fear immunity from Berserk is too much."

Fair nurfs in my opinion.

My only concern is I hope this won't spill over into pve.
    anyone who hadn't seen this coming is either blind or hopeless. Very Well anticipated changes for everyone who had to endure against the OP ferals in PVP.

Hello, Feral Druids. Welcome to Cataclysm.

Sorry, but one bleed DoT shouldn't do more damage than 3 DoTs of a Shadow Priest. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by prison_break View Post
    anyone who hadn't seen this coming is either blind or hopeless. Very Well anticipated changes for everyone who had to endure against the OP ferals in PVP.

Being a long time druid player i find this statement funny, but only because ferals used to be the laughing stock of dps right next to ret pallies.
    Where did you park the invisible car?

I'm just curious about the nature of these nerfs. How much more will hit and expertise be worth compared to how they are now? I've avoided both stats to the best of my abilities since they are kinda crap, and it would suck big time if they are changed into our best secondary stats for example.

Yes, bleed damage is high... A nerf is needed. What I can't grasp, is that they are even toying with the idea of removing fear removal from Berserk... We have a fear immune on a 3 minute cool down... Warriors have a fear break on a 30sec CD...

Stop gimping my pve abilities to balance pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfist View Post
    Being a long time druid player i find this statement funny, but only because ferals used to be the laughing stock of dps right next to ret pallies.
    I played Feral in Vanilla, TBC, and the early part of WotLK. I eventually "semi-retired" my Druid and decided to start a new toon on a different server (which is my Priest). I don't know if I've ever seen anything as OP as Feral Druids are right now EXCEPT maybe Ret Paladins prior to TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherwolf View Post
    I'm just curious about the nature of these nerfs. How much more will hit and expertise be worth compared to how they are now? I've avoided both stats to the best of my abilities since they are kinda crap, and it would suck big time if they are changed into our best secondary stats for example.
    I love this post, says a lot about the people that use these forums. You know why you avoid hit and expertise? Because you get energy back if you miss and you dont lose CPs if you miss. The nerfs are going to be increased base shred damage and nerf to rip and rake (maybe) but there really is no way hit and exp are ever going to outstrip agi and mastery. I hope I've quelled your fears now you can go back to avoiding Hit Rating to the best of your ability...

Ferals are not OP in pve. I really dont care whether my dmg comes from bleeds or direct hits, but I really dont see them buffing our physical dmg enough to compensate for a bleed dmg decrease. And even if they do, I doubt they'll do it in a way so that it scales properly. And removing our one and only fear break is bs. Like one of the above posters mentioned, Warriors have a much shorter cd on Berserker Rage AND can use it whether tanking or dpsing. Why is it OP for druids to have one on a 3 min cd? If you want to break it for pvp by all means, but leave those of us who dont pvp alone.

We saw it coming. lets just hope Cat Feral stays good in a PvE view.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    increase the mana cost of shapeshafting or nerf leader of the pack mana gain (so they cant go through infinite snares as they will eventually oom)
    nerf cyclone with cd, mana cost, or make it magic (or make predatory strikes just heals)

theres so many changes that blizz could address to change their mobility, cc, utility and immunites, such that they would not affect pve.

in all honesty ferals could easily be balanced for both pve and pvp if thier uptime on nearly every class wasnt like 99.9% of the time
    Last edited by Ner zhul; 2010-12-28 at 05:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Reason to strip the Fear Break is cause you are ALSO immune to Poly/Hex and can break any Snare or Root in the space of a global, with no CD.

Name another class with both of those perks.

So they're indirectly crippling our mastery bonus, leaving us with below-standard instant melee with pathetic crit rates (I had 70% in ICC gear, I now have 33%).

Gee thanks blizz. Our bleeds hit hard because NOTHING ELSE DOES.

Also, thanks for nerfing berserk, now warlocks can go back to fear-locking us like back in BC. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Ferals are not OP in pve. I really dont care whether my dmg comes from bleeds or direct hits, but I really dont see them buffing our physical dmg enough to compensate for a bleed dmg decrease. And even if they do, I doubt they'll do it in a way so that it scales properly. And removing our one and only fear break is bs. Like one of the above posters mentioned, Warriors have a much shorter cd on Berserker Rage AND can use it whether tanking or dpsing. Why is it OP for druids to have one on a 3 min cd? If you want to break it for pvp by all means, but leave those of us who dont pvp alone.
    Stop trying to compare your ability with another classes ability. You are not a warrior, like you are not a rogue. Why X does not get what Y has is because X is not Y. You are a druid, you have your own set of different abilities that are better than another classes version.

Apples, oranges, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabull View Post
    Yes, bleed damage is high... A nerf is needed. What I can't grasp, is that they are even toying with the idea of removing fear removal from Berserk... We have a fear immune on a 3 minute cool down... Warriors have a fear break on a 30sec CD...

Stop gimping my pve abilities to balance pvp...
    Warrior fear removal doesn't triple their damage output though does it?

And warriors are neither immune to polymorph and virtually immune to frost novas and other snares like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Warrior fear removal doesn't triple their damage output though does it?

And warriors are neither immune to polymorph and virtually immune to frost novas and other snares like you are.
    You really can't compare the two classes. We don't have 3 "charges" on different cds.

I'd be perfectly fine with them gimping our fear break in pvp.. But leave it alone for pve..

Stop trying to compare your ability with another classes ability. You are not a warrior, like you are not a rogue. Why X does not get what Y has is because X is not Y. You are a druid, you have your own set of different abilities that are better than another classes version.
    Then why are we getting nerfed compared to other classes then?

Our bleeds are getting nerfed mostly because they're indispellable (cept by rogues), sure I'll bank that.

Knowing blizz however, our rips won't crit more then 6k and mastery will become, like every other dps, a pile of shit and we'll regret every single point we CAN'T reforge (since it only takes 40% of it away), on top of the fact they won't return dependence on shred and FB for dps and only grant us maybe half of the bonuses we had in Wrath.

In other words, feral's back to its BC role of "lol go tank, noob"

As for Berserk. Ferals can be sleeped, stunned (the most common CC available, EVERYONE can stun - maybe even more then once), and Frozen (trap, circle, Deep Freeze, Howling blast; I can't break out of any of these)

If we lose a 15 second fear immune on a 3 minute cooldown because we can break snares and can't be polyed, Hunters should lose their EVERYTHING-immune due to the fact they have stunning pets, very long range damaging attacks, and a myriad of status effects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fine, if not removing fear immunity then pick one of the following to get removed.
    * Shapeshift out of every snare.
    * Immune to poly/hex

Go ahead, pick one.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 07:09 AM ----------

As for Berserk. Ferals can be sleeped, stunned (the most common CC available, EVERYONE can stun - maybe even more then once), and Frozen (trap, circle, Deep Freeze, Howling blast; I can't break out of any of these)
    Every spec can stun? Dont nerf me bro.
    Try again.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.