Poll: Do you use lots of HT and Nourish in heroics?

Do you use lots of HT and Nourish in heroics?

I'm wondering about your style of healing. While LB, SM and WG are rather obvious, I'm wondering more about your HT and Nourish usage. Last run, where I've been running as DPS for a change, quite puzzled me, as our resto hasn't used a single Nourish or HT even once throughout the whole heroic, his top 3 spells were HoT's, and then a bunch of RG. He did surprisingly well. Anyway, what's your own strategy?

i only use nourish, HT is macro'd to NS and its the only time i use it, the mana cost is in no way justifiable for the heal compared to nourish.
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by maladorian View Post
    i only use nourish, HT is macro'd to NS and its the only time i use it, the mana cost is in no way justifiable for the heal compared to nourish.
    I assume your still CC'ing every mob and single targeting them down as well. When your whole group is taking damage like 2.5 second 10k heals dont really do shit. Once you get even in half heroic gear you have the ability to spam HT for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake View Post
    I assume your still CC'ing every mob and single targeting them down as well. When your whole group is taking damage like 2.5 second 10k heals dont really do shit. Once you get even in half heroic gear you have the ability to spam HT for quite a while
    i actually run a pally tank, feral, fire mage, unholy DK so there is almost no CC..

our other resto druid has a 20k mana pool advantage on me and runs oom faster while doing only about 75% of my healing....

sorry to say, HT is shit and has 0 value besides macro'd
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually run a pally tank, feral, fire mage, unholy DK so there is almost no CC..

our other resto druid has a 20k mana pool advantage on me and runs oom faster while doing only about 75% of my healing....

Nature's Swiftness is a incredible week talent now, and healing touch might not be worth it in heroics, but when you get into raids, you'll definetly see yourself using it.

Like I mentioned, Nature's Swiftness is a waste of a talent point.

I use Nourish on the tanksince LB is always on him/her and Rejuv if the begining of pulls. When the # of adds decreases I don't need to have rejuv on him/her. On the party I will throw out HT's when a party member gets to 70-75%. If multiple people are taking damage that brings them to that % then I WG followd by Rejuv's then Nourish. Nourish may cost less mana but it doesn't heal as much and it just doesn't seem to be as effective unless they have a hot on them already. I don't throw out as many Rejuv's, I don't keep people at 100% health all the time. Once you get to know fights you can leave a nice coushin(spelled wrong). And I onyl use NS+HT combo when i need to double HT the tank or get 2 out on multiple people.

Deleted
    3x LB, spam nourish, use HT/RG on clearcasting or when you need to. i wasn't aware there was another way, and if there is - why? heal the way blizzard intended. easymode.

Quote Originally Posted by fuseku View Post
    3x LB, spam nourish, use HT/RG on clearcasting or when you need to. i wasn't aware there was another way, and if there is - why? heal the way blizzard intended. easymode.
    you use HT on every OoC? does no one else use RG on OoC procs? its super nice for a fast 10-13k plus an extra 6k and a Swiftmend for an additional 10-XX k (depending on what you get a crit of)

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    Nature's Swiftness is a incredible week talent now, and healing touch might not be worth it in heroics, but when you get into raids, you'll definetly see yourself using it.

Like I mentioned, Nature's Swiftness is a waste of a talent point.
    1st thing this thread is not about NS, and nourish is just as viable and useful for raids, did bastion last night with a pally and our 2nd resto druid, took 2nd in healing with only a 0.02% difference in the pally, staying above 33K mana the entire time, while our other resto druid ran oom inside of 2 mins spamming HT....

10+ Year Old Account
    you use HT on every OoC? does no one else use RG on OoC procs? its super nice for a fast 10-13k plus an extra 6k and a Swiftmend for an additional 10-XX k (depending on what you get a crit of)

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 04:10 AM ----------

1st thing this thread is not about NS, and nourish is just as viable and useful for raids, did bastion last night with a pally and our 2nd resto druid, took 2nd in healing with only a 0.02% difference in the pally, staying above 33K mana the entire time, while our other resto druid ran oom inside of 2 mins spamming HT....
    In no way did he say he used healing touch on every OoC. He said he uses HT/RG and he probably meant depending on the situation

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-63...=10082&e=10417

There is a log of my first raid this xpac. 31 Healing Touches and ONE nourish.

I actually innervated the holy pally off the bat and STILL had 40% mana while the pally and shaman went oom.

I kind of find it impossible to believe that a druid with 20k more mana to do 3/4's of the healing you do becuase they use a spell with IDENTICAL cast time and nearly TRIPLE throughput. And if that's the case, its not the spells its the druids.

In terms of number of spells cast, more Nourish than HT. If you're talking about healing done, about equal or HT wins.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

I find putting 3 dots of LifeBloom on the tank then a RG with a SM is a good way to start a fight then WG on the DPS if needed, I spam Nourish on the DPS as it will reset your lifeBloom on the tank and i like to let it tick the 10secs then put a new 3 dot LB on the tank so you get the 20-40k heal of on the tank. If you need to pump out a lot of heals REJ or Trank helps out a lot or PoP tree of life and LB every one with your ins RG it works out so that almost every second RG is a free cast (with omen), Altho i have been read that in the new patch that it wont work out that well.