Troll Archaeology

I'm looking to get the sword from Troll archaeology, and I was wondering where and how is the best place to spam Troll archaeology nodes. Any information will be helpful and is appreciated, Thanks.

Troll archaeology is pretty common through out Eastern kingdoms, However... You sir have a long journey ahead of you if you're after the sword. I wish you luck.

Deleted
    Eastern Kingdoms.
    Hinterlands - STV.

Sword needs 450 archaeology. After 450 skill it was my first artifact
    Last edited by mmoc628d92acab; 2010-12-28 at 09:08 AM.

Much appreciated, I'm very confident in finding this long lost beloved sword! Had it in vanilla and now I'm very excited to wield it once more!

ive been doing arch every day for at least 6 hours, and i still have not seen the sword, goin to hang myself over here

I wish I could trade all my troll site for your dwarf ones. I want that staff!!!!

Deleted
    Eastern Kingdoms.

Took me 4 days 12+h each day to get archeo from 1 to 525 and get Swordy.

I do archaeology 15h a day, it's my 7th day and still have no sword to show off... I'd advise not to go after this sword unless you want to go nuts.

You will have 2 RNG's to face:
    RNG on the dig sites (I can usually make 3 troll artifacts max per hour, this hour right now, I've got 0 troll dig site)
    RNG on the project (less than 1% chance to get the sword...)

Personally, I am tempted to quit the game after I've got the sword, because I truly dislike the path Blizzard is taking (I've played Aion, a Korean game based on grind... Let me tell you that Archaeology is far worse than everything I did on Aion, this include getting my Alchemy master, Aethertapping...)
    Last edited by Estarius; 2011-01-30 at 01:57 AM.

I do archaeology 15h a day, it's my 7th day
    Wow. Just wow.

archeology will eat your soul. if you need a specific lvl 85 rare you wont get it, you will either get lvl 85 rares you dont need or you will get 2000 commons. i am a lvl 525 arch and i would never advise doing so to anyone. the changes in 4.0.6 on vendor prices will make it slightly better, but swill worse then any other form getting money around.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend has gathered literally over three THOUSAND troll fragments over 450 skill and still has not seen the sword.

Best of luck to you.

I got it on my 15th artifact after 450. Spam stv and hinterlands, get archy, and just keep at it.

got mine the other day, it's a shame i don't plan on going ret.
    Think it was my 32nd compiled Artifact from troll

A few days ago I decided to level my fully rested level 80 lock with archeology. I saved up all troll fragments and keystones for 450 and skilled up with dwarf, night elf and fossil. Did all my digging in eastern kingdoms except for ~7 solves in outlands because I got a nasty streak of troll dig sites and wanted to speed up skilling. I got to 450 today ended up with 1558 troll fragmens and 34 keystones.

Fifty-eight solves later I have a bunch of vendor trash on my level 83.5 warlock that won't sell till next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurz View Post
    Much appreciated, I'm very confident in finding this long lost beloved sword! Had it in vanilla and now I'm very excited to wield it once more!
    yeah....most of us were until our 50th or 100th troll solve after 450...... then you learn to give up or go insane.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    yeah....most of us were until our 50th or 100th troll solve after 450...... then you learn to give up or go insane.
    insane is good..

WHOAA WOO BABOU!
    0_0

316 and counting..

Archaelogy takes too long =(

Closed.

Necro thread.